Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Killed my first Cane Toad Today

Killed my first Cane Toad Today

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:44 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Killed my first Cane Toad Today

When we first moved to our new home I wasn't that worried about cane toads but of course all that has changed having a puppy - usually they seem to keep away during the day and at night I send my OH out to remove them. We looked up how to kill them humanely etc but today when I saw our puppy next to one - (the stupid toads are so slow that even I can catch one) - I saw red got the rake and basically ensured there is no way it can play dead it really is! I am usually a very humane person - I don't even kill spiders if they leave me alone - but these toads are horrid - they are even poisonous several days after death. What I really would like to do is get the idiot(s) who introduced them here and do the same to him (them):curse:
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 4:04 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Killed my first Cane Toad Today

I hate them too, spiders don't bother me....but cane toads! :curse: show no mercy.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Yuk - orrible things. Friends of ours collected them into plastic bags and put them in the new half empty freezer (which is supposedly the humane way) and we could hear them jumping around in there I think the rake is a much better idea - also running them over is fun!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:20 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

A 9 iron works well
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:22 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
When we first moved to our new home I wasn't that worried about cane toads but of course all that has changed having a puppy - usually they seem to keep away during the day and at night I send my OH out to remove them. We looked up how to kill them humanely etc but today when I saw our puppy next to one - (the stupid toads are so slow that even I can catch one) - I saw red got the rake and basically ensured there is no way it can play dead it really is! I am usually a very humane person - I don't even kill spiders if they leave me alone - but these toads are horrid - they are even poisonous several days after death. What I really would like to do is get the idiot(s) who introduced them here and do the same to him (them):curse:
well done you
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:25 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.switch.tv/videos/1165/

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Angela Marie - Cairns will become famous soon enoughAngela Marie - Cairns will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by themerlin
A 9 iron works well
We'll have to invest in one of those - my son hit one with a fly swat - and it blew up into a ball, so much so that its little feet couldnt hold it and it rolled on its back.
It was ok though because He managed to get it on the shovel, the bad news is that I told him to throw it over the back fence......... oops with a bad aim, He managed to lob it over the side fence and all we heard was a splash in our neighbours new pool.............
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

A 9 iron works well
A cricket bat is better!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:49 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

No skill in that.

Might try some pool acid on one , see what happens

Originally Posted by Amazulu
A cricket bat is better!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We had a retaining wall where the blocks had gaps between them. Decided to concrete the gaps, hubby started packing the soil in first and was amazed to see it flying out again. Cane toads living in there didn't like what he was doing. Lots of concrete later, not seen a cane toad for months God knows how many bodies there are in there.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:58 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

A 9 iron works well
Our first next door neighbour was fond of that. I once tried the plastic bag ready for the freezer thing but it hopped off inside the bag and was never seen again.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold

Ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I consider my hubbie and I experts now - we are almost up to 400.

I have done a lot of research, and the most humane way to do them in is to put them into a fridge for half an hour. They then go into a coma. You then put them in the freezer.

If you put them straight in the freezer, they suffer pain as their joints crystalise (sp?).

Are we lucky they left us an old fridge freezer or what, cos otherwise I don't know what we'd do - and anyone that says they are safe to handle, they can go off at the slightest touch and it does hurt.

Just seen a good film re cane toads which made us laugh, and also a good cartoon called "anyone seen Bas" in the cane toad section of YouTube.

Ok how sad am I. a x
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:38 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

I'm glad we're all agreed that whatever the method at least they are better off dead!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:56 am
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

No skill in that.

Might try some pool acid on one , see what happens
You are an idiot!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:59 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
Oh god, if i saw one i would puke. Don't think i'd have the courage to kill it, even though i would want to.
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting one yet and i don't intend to. Urghhhh, makes me shudder thinking of them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.