kangeroo meat

Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:23 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default kangeroo meat

anyone tried it ,its supposed to be nice..
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:24 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kangeroo meat

Originally Posted by aston man
yep tastes very similar to venison
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:25 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Yep...it's ok...quite 'gamey' but nice - couldn't each much though.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:26 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
Yep...it's ok...quite 'gamey' but nice - couldn't each much though.
how do you cook it..
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

mancunian_bris is an unknown quantity at this point

Roo is quite tender if its cooked properly and very lean.
Camel is okay especially if its marinated. Don't bother with emu, its too gamey and stringy.
Croc is okay too but the skin is a bit chewy
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:29 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

how do you cook it..
I've had it grilled...as a steak, but I guess you can roast it too, or in a casserole.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:29 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

It's very rich if you have it in steak form so you only need a small piece, cook it as you would a steak. The mince is very healthy for spag bog etc. as it's very low & fat low cholesterol.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:31 am
Australian Citizen

Originally Posted by cresta57
It's very rich if you have it in steak form so you only need a small piece, cook it as you would a steak. The mince is very healthy for spag bog etc. as it's very low & fat low cholesterol.
Yes, that's it...just a little bit ..... you don't want one that fills your plate like a Porterhouse !
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:32 am
Banned

Yes, that's it...just a little bit ..... you don't want one that fills your plate like a Porterhouse !
on the barbie?
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:34 am
Australian Citizen

on the barbie?
Yep...that'll do
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Kangaroo is yummy, nice and lean. Can't stoop to Kanga Bangas though, they remind me of Kanga and Roo from Winnie the Pooh!!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

my other half is having it for his tea now !

98% fat free and 46% of your daily iron intake in a day (thats what it says on the packet)

lindzi
Banned

im going to cook all my lot a meal this weekend,,,and not tell until after..?

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

We had a BBQ a few weeks ago when Polly & her tribe descended upon us, we invited a few other mates & were joking to Polly's young niece that the steak was Roo, the burgers were wombat & the chops were possum etc.
It wasn't until I served the food that Deb informed me that it was in fact Roo steak The Aussie couple sitting next to me refused to believe they had eaten what they believed to be "only fit for dog meat" She thought it was still a wind up, her hubbie had to show her his piece that was very dark & not covered in ketchup like hers had been
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:41 am
Australian Citizen

Originally Posted by cresta57
We had a BBQ a few weeks ago when Polly & her tribe descended upon us, we invited a few other mates & were joking to Polly's young niece that the steak was Roo, the burgers were wombat & the chops were possum etc.
It wasn't until I served the food that Deb informed me that it was in fact Roo steak The Aussie couple sitting next to me refused to believe they had eaten what they believed to be "only fit for dog meat" She thought it was still a wind up, her hubbie had to show her his piece that was very dark & not covered in ketchup like hers had been
Only us gullible poms then ...but it's sold in enough places..

I was on a flight with Icelandic Air, and my Mum was with me ... I told her the chicken we were eating, was in fact Puffin - and she believed me In fact, she doesn't know otherwise now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.