Is it just me....

Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:04 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it just me....

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Ok, let's test your theory:

Perth is dull and boring...
I didn't say that people wouldn't wade in.... Try Uk has gone to the dogs, Perth needs a rest.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:08 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kporte;7910309]Try Uk has gone to the dogs,

Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:09 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=scottishcelts;7910313]
Originally Posted by kporte
Try Uk has gone to the dogs,

You misunderstand. I meant a topic to raise the hackles and bring out people to defend it. This one works too.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:13 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't say that people wouldn't wade in.... Try Uk has gone to the dogs, Perth needs a rest.
What about "you can't even walk down the street in the UK without getting stabbed."

I must admit I always feared for my life in Bourton-on-the-Water.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:13 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kporte;7910318]
Originally Posted by scottishcelts

You misunderstand. I meant a topic to raise the hackles and bring out people to defend it. This one works too.

I know, i know
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:15 am
Account Closed

What about "you can't even walk down the street in the UK without getting stabbed."

I must admit I always feared for my life in Bourton-on-the-Water.
Gold. "Chavs on every corner" is my personal favourite.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:17 am

I've heard most of them are in Edinburgh
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:19 am
Account Closed

I've heard most of them are in Edinburgh
On a day out from Weegieland, seeing how the other half live.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:22 am

On a day out from Weegieland, seeing how the other half live.
- yeah right
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:24 am
Account Closed

- yeah right
Edinburgh is proper posh and undesirables were eradicated in 1901....
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:24 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

I love that too. Thing is it happens everywhere.

I live in Balmain in Sydney (not the roughest place in the world) and yet there were some little urchins on the bus (Aus chav equivalent) calling the bus driver a "female dog" and telling her to F off, because she threatend to kick them off for not paying.

How nice.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:28 am

[QUOTE=kporte;7910340]Edinburgh is proper posh

Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:29 am
Account Closed

I love that too. Thing is it happens everywhere.

I live in Balmain in Sydney (not the roughest place in the world) and yet there were some little urchins on the bus (Aus chav equivalent) calling the bus driver a "female dog" and telling her to F off, because she threatend to kick them off for not paying.

How nice.
Not only are they everywhere, but they always have been. My Dad will tell you they weren't because the police used to be able to slap them a bit, but I don't believe him.....
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willamos
I've noticed though that the ''Australia is paradise'' brigade will often make blanket statements about the UK, such as comments on education or crime, then when someone makes an equivalent remark about Australia the ''Australia is paradise'' brigade sparks up and starts protesting about the use of blanket statements.

Blanket statements are fine if they are being used to criticise the UK. They are not fine when being used to criticise Australia.
I'm going to say blanket statements are just that, where ever they are about. The same thing happens in here as happens in mbttuk but the countries are switched. So whatever motivation one has to defend a country is clearly the same. Try making a blanket statement rubbishing the UK and you will face similar postings to slagging off Aus in the Barbie.
Quite simple really..That's the way it works, really...

I might add though that the thing is that many people who slag off the UK really honestly have had tough lives, and nothing has changed in all their lives, whereas some of the ones who slag off Australia are living in some sterile unhappy bubble and could probably address it on some level, but they probably don't know where to begin...it's all new to them - they are still feeling ripped off, angry etc.

Then again, might apply to everyone..
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:31 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=scottishcelts;7910351]
Edinburgh is proper posh

Compared to Glesgae it is.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.