JB HIFI

Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JB HIFI

Originally Posted by Syedney
Just back from a fruitless trip to JB HIFI, where I went in to find out what documents they need for payment by instalments for a Plasma TV...

One criteria short!!!

Salary over $25k: Tick
Employed: Tick
Australian Citizen:.....Hmmmmm no!

What? I am afraid that's where my Plasma dreams were shattered...

Can't afford the full payment upfront with all the expenses I have incurred so far...I can easily afford the monthly payments though...
One for the MODS here:

Can we have a section on the site for selling/part exchanging stuff...

Would be handy to know if any expats are selling something that someone else could make use...

Just a thought...
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
That's weird !!

I've lived here for a total of 18 years now, still not a citizen, and never had that problem. I know someone else who move here in 1972, and only became a citizen in 2008, and has managed to buy things on credit.

I would guess that a mistake must have been made ?

Was the question "Australian Citizen or PR" and maybe the salesperson didn't mention the PR bit ?

Do you know which finance company they use ?

Didn't mention the finance company...I was told that I had to be an Australian citizen...In fact, I asked this twice and the salesman at one stage concurred with some other guy in the shop..Not sure who he was though...

To clarify, we are not PR...Just 457...

We feel like 3rd class citizens being on 457...And have only been in the country for over a month...
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:51 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

One for the MODS here:

Can we have a section on the site for selling/part exchanging stuff...

Would be handy to know if any expats are selling something that someone else could make use...

Just a thought...
perhaps the classifieds section above
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gedge
perhaps the classifieds section above

Damn! Didn't noticed it at all...
Thanks for that
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:12 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Damn! Didn't noticed it at all...
Thanks for that
plasma tv perhaps?
having worked for one of the big players, not far from where you are living, i may know how to get hold of a discounted one
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

I find telling lies works quite well

just tell them you are, do they actually make you prove it?

Jazzys
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jazzys
I find telling lies works quite well

just tell them you are, do they actually make you prove it?

Jazzys
Good point..Did discuss with the OH but she was worried they may ask to see an ID or such...Don't know is the answer about whether they make you prove you're a local...Would be nice to know though from someone inside knowledge..
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:31 pm
ABCDiamond

To clarify, we are not PR...Just 457...

We feel like 3rd class citizens being on 457...And have only been in the country for over a month...
Ahh, I see.

Temporary Working Visitor to the country, is the way they will look at that.

Looking at it from their point of view, they are lending to a person who will leave the country at some stage, and it could be any time. Would any of us lend to a stranger, who says they are only with us temporarily ?

Try not to think of yourself as "3rd class citizens", just accept that you are visitors to the country.
Yes, there will be difficulties at times, but to think "3rd class" is putting yourself down, and there is nothing to put yourself down for.

Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:32 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Syedney, if you just want any ole telly to keep you going for a while, we have a 21" Sony Triniton something or other gathering dust. You're welcome to borrow it or make me an offer as a charity donation; it's in very good condition, bought in about 2003 so not too embarrassing to have in your lounge until you get the plasma.

We're at McMahons Point, just PM me if you're interested.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

this is where an Aussie Driving License comes in handy - even on a 457.

i found that i was able to get credit, mobile contract etc on a 457 with a vic license...
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Good point..Did discuss with the OH but she was worried they may ask to see an ID or such...Don't know is the answer about whether they make you prove you're a local...Would be nice to know though from someone inside knowledge..
If they ask you to prove it just say you'll have to come back with proof, and don't go back.

Thats what i would do anyway.

And stop taking the wife shopping, lesson to be learnt there me thinks.

Jazzys
Old Jan 7th 2009, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Seasider
Syedney, if you just want any ole telly to keep you going for a while, we have a 21" Sony Triniton something or other gathering dust. You're welcome to borrow it or make me an offer as a charity donation; it's in very good condition, bought in about 2003 so not too embarrassing to have in your lounge until you get the plasma.

We're at McMahons Point, just PM me if you're interested.

Hey mate, I might just take you up on your offer. Right now we are in North Sydney so not too far from you (although we will be moving to Dee Why on Friday).

Let me speak to my "boss" (she who thinks so!) and get back to you on this..Cheers for the offer, mate!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 1:36 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

try clive anthony's they are the same group as jb hifi, but may have different finance options.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pommy Dan
this is where an Aussie Driving License comes in handy - even on a 457.

i found that i was able to get credit, mobile contract etc on a 457 with a vic license...

Hmm...Interesting...Cheers for that Dan!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:44 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm...Interesting...Cheers for that Dan!
Also check out 2nds World on Military Road, Cremorne (just opposite the Maccas)... they are cheap, and do finance options. We have bought losts of stuff from there in the past.
Steve

www.secondsworld.com.au

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.