Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

January 08 Applicants

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by Millie11
Hi

My OH and I are also joining the Jan 08 applicants. Visa sent with UPS today. We are coming in under a labour agreement sub-class 120. I think that is correct - to be honest - I have annoyed with the whole visa procedure and the impossible questions like; dates for all holidays in the last 10 years
Police checks done - so we just need to do the medical checks. Work is expecting OH in Sydney end of april I am really looking forward but a bit nervous re. medical checks - it seems to be the last hurdle. Not that there is anything wrong with us - well at least I don't think there is.

Regards Millie
Hi Millie, welcome to BE. I was worried about the holidays in the last 10 years section so i phoned the passport office and they said they have no record of my holidays in the past ten years. So i have just tried to remember them and have been looking at my photo albums looking for dates. The visa process is driving me mad as well. I am hope to be moving to Perth in Feb/ March, where are you hoping to move to? Good luck with your meds i have mine on Fri, take care Mandy.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:27 am
Just Joined

seandebbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: January 08 Applicants

Hi guys

I have read over all the replys. Over the christmas my partner and I have decided to seek a new live in Australia.

At the moment we are trying to gather as much information as possible. Last night we done a few online tests to see if we are able to get a visa and both of us passed.

We have not yet applied for our visa's as we dont really know where to start / get the ball rolling...

We are both skilled workers and aged 24 and 25 - we have honours degrees in Computing. However my partner does not use her degree as her job. However I work as a Java programmer.

When did you apply and what are the timelines your expecting?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

Hi Mandy

We are of to Sydney in April Have just read that processing times for Labour Agreement are 50% - 4 weeks and 75% - 6 weeks. Great!

I can see you are a midwife so presumably you are also being fast tracked in? I was just about to start the midwifery degree at Oxford Brookes when I feel pregnant with my oldest who is 4. It has always been a dream of mine alas it won't happen now Why Perth?

Regards Millie.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

Hi Sean and Debbie

Can't help you since we are coming in under the Labour Agreement. Hwowever there must be a massive amount of info on this site.

Regards Millie
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by seandebbie
Hi guys

I have read over all the replys. Over the christmas my partner and I have decided to seek a new live in Australia.

At the moment we are trying to gather as much information as possible. Last night we done a few online tests to see if we are able to get a visa and both of us passed.

We have not yet applied for our visa's as we dont really know where to start / get the ball rolling...

We are both skilled workers and aged 24 and 25 - we have honours degrees in Computing. However my partner does not use her degree as her job. However I work as a Java programmer.

When did you apply and what are the timelines your expecting?

Hi Sean & Debbie

Best check the government webs site for more info but we are going on 175 skilled migrant visa as o/h in mechanic.

You have to complete a skills assessment 1st which took us from the beginning of October unit 28th December (and that was quick), then you can apply and they seem to be issuing visa's anywhere between 3 - 9 months after applying.

Try this link: http://www.immi.gov.au/

Hope this helps but you find lots of info on here.

Good luck

Beccie
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

seandebbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beccie
Hi Sean & Debbie

Best check the government webs site for more info but we are going on 175 skilled migrant visa as o/h in mechanic.

You have to complete a skills assessment 1st which took us from the beginning of October unit 28th December (and that was quick), then you can apply and they seem to be issuing visa's anywhere between 3 - 9 months after applying.

Try this link: http://www.immi.gov.au/

Hope this helps but you find lots of info on here.

Good luck

Beccie
what is the skills assessment test about - what did you have to do?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by seandebbie
what is the skills assessment test about - what did you have to do?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503181

Try this forum for more info
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:20 am
Just Joined

Imran36 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI everyone.

I called up the immigration department here in Australia yesterday and asked about waiting time for a 175 visa. I was told that the waiting time , though mentioned is 6 months if lodged in Australia, is actually misleading and if you apply in Australia, you are classified as an off shore applicant and the waiting time is around 12 - 15 months. Does that souond right to you guys?

Cheers
Imran
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Imran36
HI everyone.

I called up the immigration department here in Australia yesterday and asked about waiting time for a 175 visa. I was told that the waiting time , though mentioned is 6 months if lodged in Australia, is actually misleading and if you apply in Australia, you are classified as an off shore applicant and the waiting time is around 12 - 15 months. Does that souond right to you guys?

Cheers
Imran
Hi again Imran, Glad you got it confirmed that you are classed as offshore. From what you say, the waiting time you were given is the WORST case scenario. There are lots of people who have been told this and have got their visas sooner, (but not all). Do you know if you're classed as from a low risk country? Sorry don't know your nationality. If your country is 'low risk' check out the waiting times for UK applicants for the same visa number. That will give you a good idea.

Good luck.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:38 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Hi All,
I applied at the end of August and will find out on Monday if I made the Sept 1st deadline

. If not, I'll be joining this group! In one way I hope to apply online as it seems to be WAY FASTER!!
Good luck to you all
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Hi All,
I applied at the end of August and will find out on Monday if I made the Sept 1st deadline

. If not, I'll be joining this group! In one way I hope to apply online as it seems to be WAY FASTER!!
Good luck to you all
Welcome to January although I hope you made your deadline date.
Good luck
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:27 am
Just Joined

Thanx for your reply Fly Away. Its encouraging to know that they said the same thing to every one else as well. I think the waiting time is the same for high risk and low risk countries. I am from Pakistan. I dont think my country would classify as a low risk country in any index nowadays unfortunately.

The good thing about the visa is that you can get citizenship after this visa quicker if you have been living in Australia lawfully before. u get citizenship if u have lived in Aus for 4 years out which only 12 months have to be as a permenent resident.

With kind regards
Imran
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

naveenbabuk is on a distinguished road

HI everyone.

Cheers
Imran
Hi Imran,

Irrespective of Low or High risk country if the applicant is applied for 175 being in OZ will get priority. Check the link http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm

In other post I read some one is in OZ on 457 has applied on 19th Oct and got pre-visa on 28th Dec.

For u r information "Low risk" applies to nationals from countries which issue Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) eligible passports.

Good luck with u r application.

Cheers
Naveen
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:33 am
Just Joined

Thanx for your reply Naveen.

It was a load off of my mind to see on the link that you sent me that I would get preference as I am in Oz. The waiting mentioned is 6 months and doesnt depend on low or high risk country.

I just wanted to ask what is pre visa.

I have gone through medicals, asked for Australian police checks and have asked for Pakistani police checks as well. I hope things will work out smoothly and my visa application for 175 will be approved in a few months.

I also wanted to ask what difference does it make practically if the application was lodged before or after 1st January 2008. My application was sent via post by my agent on 21/12/2007 but i see on my credit card statement that the fee for visa processing was deducted on the 4th of January. I hope that does not put me in any disadvantage if my application is considered submitted after Jan 1 , 08.

kind regards
Imran
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

naveenbabuk is on a distinguished road

Thanx for your reply Naveen.

It was a load off of my mind to see on the link that you sent me that I would get preference as I am in Oz. The waiting mentioned is 6 months and doesnt depend on low or high risk country.

I just wanted to ask what is pre visa.

I have gone through medicals, asked for Australian police checks and have asked for Pakistani police checks as well. I hope things will work out smoothly and my visa application for 175 will be approved in a few months.

I also wanted to ask what difference does it make practically if the application was lodged before or after 1st January 2008. My application was sent via post by my agent on 21/12/2007 but i see on my credit card statement that the fee for visa processing was deducted on the 4th of January. I hope that does not put me in any disadvantage if my application is considered submitted after Jan 1 , 08.

kind regards
Imran
Hi,

It is pre-visa grant letter. Applicant at on-shore will get pre-visa grant letter and actual visa will be granted when appliant leaves OZ.

As per my understanding considering current visa guidelines 1st Jan'08 won't make any difference.
Did u r agent sent a paper application? I'm afraid that paper base application process is slower than online applications. The following link will give you rough idea about visa time line. http://www.beupdate.co.uk/index.php.

Cheers,
Naveen

Last edited by naveenbabuk; Jan 5th 2008 at 11:06 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.