Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

noofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nice
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by lynneandwayne
Hi congratulations to those of you who have got visa;s
i have not been on for a while as so demoralised we still have no visa. our agent has informed us that we will not hear probably till the end of the year due to the back log... so fed up of waiting...
but can do nothing, will get there one day... i hope..
When did you apply?

Jackie
x
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

lynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the rough

hi jan the 11th i think, are round about then.... if not sooner....
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:53 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi jan the 11th i think, are round about then.... if not sooner....

Think you'll probably hear within the next 6/8 weeks, your agent is covering his backside!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

lynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the rough

well i cetainly hope your right,
see your off soon, how exciting. our freinds have just gone to perth and they love it, they are very settled and have just bought a house. they would not come back..
Old Aug 27th 2008, 8:57 pm

well i cetainly hope your right,
see your off soon, how exciting. our freinds have just gone to perth and they love it, they are very settled and have just bought a house. they would not come back..

You've only got to look at the BE timeline to see they're processing applications from December onwards............November my ar*e!

More nerves than excitment, so many things to do and worry about
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:12 pm
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mary1967
You've only got to look at the BE timeline to see they're processing applications from December onwards............November my ar*e!

More nerves than excitment, so many things to do and worry about
i think the official timeline includes apps from high risk countries and that is usually the tail end of the queue...

check BE and it gives a more accurate picture. IMMI do seem a bit randon as i found out an April applicant got their CO yesterday but others (same job/country) that applied nov/dec are still waiting...
Old Aug 28th 2008, 6:28 am
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Hi Niamh - hope everything is OK - we are all thinking about you... Looking forward to hearing some news about the new arrival
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by funshine
Hi Niamh - hope everything is OK - we are all thinking about you... Looking forward to hearing some news about the new arrival

This waiting for news about Niamh and the baby is worse than the wait for the visa Come on Mr Niamh, log on and put us out of our misery!!!!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I keep checking but there still isn't any news......
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

This waiting for news about Niamh and the baby is worse than the wait for the visa Come on Mr Niamh, log on and put us out of our misery!!!!

I'm sure alls well shes probably just having a few days (child free)rest in hospital, and Mr Niamh (being a man!) will be struggling to juggle looking after a house, kids, wife in hospital and a new buba, we'll be the last thing on his mind!

All the same would be nice to know

Lindsay x
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Every time I receive a "January thread" email, I think, maybe it's Niamh! Could you guys stop posting! You're getting my hopes up!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
I'm sure alls well shes probably just having a few days (child free)rest in hospital, and Mr Niamh (being a man!) will be struggling to juggle looking after a house, kids, wife in hospital and a new buba, we'll be the last thing on his mind!

All the same would be nice to know

Lindsay x
Think you're probably right

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I keep checking but there still isn't any news......
Wish we'd asked for a contact number

Originally Posted by tiger222
Every time I receive a "January thread" email, I think, maybe it's Niamh! Could you guys stop posting! You're getting my hopes up!
oop's, sorry
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:52 pm
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

just need to vent a bit of frustration...

we got our CO on 18/07 and then a request for more info, we had until 28/08 to submit them.

They've had all the requested info since 25/08...

They're now closed for the weekend and no changes...even the forms i'd sent in still show as "requested".
Tried emailing the CO directly yesterday - and that failed :curse::curse::curse:

I don't think i'll survive until Monday to ring them and chase!

really wish they'd grant us our visa so i can get out there!
rant over...

Originally Posted by tiger222
sorry! no baby news in the post...

Last edited by AshyB; Aug 28th 2008 at 10:05 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 10:28 pm
FollowTheYellowBrickRoad

karlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to all

OMG WE GOT IT!!!!!

Have been away from here for ages again, it's all been too much!! I must apologise I haven't checked on anyone else's progress yet, I just had tp post immediately.
I was starting to think it would never happen & like I said it's all been too much lately so I haven't been checking the status page or emails much either.

I'm sooo happy!! The emotion is unbelievable! My heart is beating so fast, I'm in tears & I just feel like jumping & shouting WE'V GOT THE VISA!!!!!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 10:33 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hi congratulations to those of you who have got visa;s
i have not been on for a while as so demoralised we still have no visa. our agent has informed us that we will not hear probably till the end of the year due to the back log... so fed up of waiting...
but can do nothing, will get there one day... i hope..
Hmmm .... we have February 2008 applications granted, so maybe you don't have so long to wait after all?

I haven't read all your posts (apologies), but have you arranged medical examinations and police clearance certificates?

Best regards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.