Wikiposts

Irn Bru?

Old Feb 9th 2010, 12:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irn Bru?

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Why have Coles and Woolies stopped selling the stuff? Or is it just the bayside stores?
Cos it's foul crap.

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Well you see, there is another area where the Aus govt scores points with me!
Ditto.

Well I've been unable to find it for ages now
Devo!
Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:00 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Cos it's foul crap.

Ditto.

Devo!
Look you - just go back to drinking yer English Earl Grey or whatever it is
Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Look you - just go back to drinking yer English Earl Grey or whatever it is
Euuuchhhhhh, tea? Can't stand the stuff or the smell, feral stuff, nearly as bad as that Irn Bru stuff.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:34 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Euuuchhhhhh, tea? Can't stand the stuff or the smell, feral stuff, nearly as bad as that Irn Bru stuff.
The tea here is especially rank, I haven't had a cup of tea for about 18 months now , back home I drunk it all day. It's too hot anyway.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:35 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

The tea here is especially rank, I haven't had a cup of tea for about 18 months now , back home I drunk it all day. It's too hot anyway.
Dilmah babe...
Old Feb 9th 2010, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Dilmah babe...
Yorkshire Tea is da best
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Well my old friend Obi-wankinobbi, news for you I have!

Been all over the Galaxy and It would appear that The Dark Lord of the Sith has put a stop to Irn Bru being sold in the Galactic Empire.

However, being a Jedi Master, I have contacts at Mos Eisley and I have a shipment on the way through. It should be here in about a week and is genuine Irn Bru from Scotland in cans! I will get it over to you when it arrives.
Attached Thumbnails Irn Bru?-star-wars-i-am-your-father-caption-generator.php.jpg  
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yorkshire Tea is da best
Careful woman.. that's ENGLISH tea.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by kporte
Well my old friend Obi-wankinobbi, news for you I have!

Been all over the Galaxy and It would appear that The Dark Lord of the Sith has put a stop to Irn Bru being sold in the Galactic Empire.

However, being a Jedi Master, I have contacts at Mos Eisley and I have a shipment on the way through. It should be here in about a week and is genuine Irn Bru from Scotland in cans! I will get it over to you when it arrives.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Careful woman.. that's ENGLISH tea.
I know
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

They have changed the design of the cans and have the old ginger bottle label on the can so I don't know if that has anything to do with the disappearance of the bottles?

It was one of the first things I noticed when I was back in Scotland last week apart from aw those big 'Kilmarnock Bunnets' being tossed in the air!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
They have changed the design of the cans and have the old ginger bottle label on the can so I don't know if that has anything to do with the disappearance of the bottles?

It was one of the first things I noticed when I was back in Scotland last week apart from aw those big 'Kilmarnock Bunnets' being tossed in the air!
Hey Lone - how are ya? How was your journey?
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:25 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LoneRanger

Hope your trip back wasn't too tough mate.....
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:41 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Why have Coles and Woolies stopped selling the stuff? Or is it just the bayside stores?
Originally Posted by Glasford
I was wondering the same thing over here, so i went into the british shop and asked the owner... Apparently the stuff we have been drinking here is made in Queensland and the company is going bust... But I didnt even realise that they cant import it cos there are illegal ingredients in it

This reply is nearly right. I have been trying to source Irn Bru for my store for a few months - today I spoke to the owner of the company that has the rights for Irn Bru in Australia and yes it used to be produced in Queensland but 'technical difficulties' made it uneconomic to continue production and they are starting to import the product from where it is made in Mansfield.
Apparently the locally produced Irn Bru tasted a bit pish anyway so they are looking forward to distributing the real thing. I think the ingredients that are mentioned are not illegal but controversial (E110, E124) and Barrs have said that they will be removed from Irn Bru soon.
Expect it in your local store (including mine!) in 8 - 10 weeks.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:48 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I think before Qld it was made in WA - and that stuff really was pish! Thought the stuff sold recently was fine though - still, I'm sure imported it will be to notch!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.