An iPhone Thread

Old Jan 4th 2010, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Dann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really nice
Default Re: An iPhone Thread

http://iphone.tvcatchup.com/

All BBC and ITV channels (and channel 5 but no ones ever that desperate)

Would love to know if this works down under, needs 3g but very good quality streaming. My account allows unlimited internet access so its free of charge.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Tripview (lite)
Sky Sports Score Centre
Westpac
Quota
Pocket Blu (blue ray remote control)
Ebay
Nasa
Lightsaber
Sheep launcher
Foxtel Guide
All recipes
Shazam
TodayFM
iPity
Google Earth
iFooty
Dictionare
iTunes remote
XE Converter
Real Football 10
Clock GT
Oz Weather
Old Jan 4th 2010, 9:46 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hebe
Firemint - flight control
Facebook
Good Food Guide Melbourne
Urbanspoon
google
Domain
Swap faces (quite funny)
Mapmyrun
a few other games which I don't use
Last time I tried Urbanspoon there wasn't a lot of Australian content on it. Has it improved much?

Originally Posted by Dann2000
Would love to know if this works down under, needs 3g but very good quality streaming. My account allows unlimited internet access so its free of charge.
Doesn't work on 3G or Wi-Fi. iPhone has built in VPN support though and would probably work okay with that.

Originally Posted by quoll
I havent quite worked out yet how Docs to Go would synch - what happens with that? How do I synch it with my PC? Also on the look out for a good database which synchs with Access somehow (how would that work?).
You just need to install the desktop Documents to Go application and then run it at the same time as the Documents to Go app is running on the iPhone. Then just drag and drop and hit the Sync button.

Originally Posted by quoll
I dont use a Mac for most of my work but I would like to synch my to do list from Outlook - is there a way of doing that?
Fairly simple free way here.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch;8218497
You just need to install the desktop Documents to Go application and then run it at the same time as the Documents to Go app is running on the iPhone. Then just drag and drop and hit the Sync button.

Fairly simple free way [URL="http://danielcurran.com/freeware/how-to-sync-outlook-tasks-with-your-iphone-for-free/"
here[/URL].
Thanks for those. I use DtoG all the time on my Palm so it sounds pretty much the same. I was anxious that it would involve clouds in some way like the Palm Pre has ended up doing.

Will check out toodledo as well. I was surprised that iphone didnt come loaded with a task manager
Old Jan 4th 2010, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyonegot a SAT NAV app on your Iphone and, if so, is it any good?
Old Jan 4th 2010, 11:20 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Excellant
Old Jan 4th 2010, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dann2000
http://iphone.tvcatchup.com/

All BBC and ITV channels (and channel 5 but no ones ever that desperate)

Boy are you in for a shock if/when you get to Australia !!
Old Jan 4th 2010, 11:32 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Yep and it works well, but you need a car charger becuase it runs down the battery.
And depending on the car you have to mount the phone on the dash to get a strong signal.

They just did an upgrade and it now goes online to download speed camera info

Old Jan 5th 2010, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by themerlin
Yep and it works well, but you need a car charger becuase it runs down the battery.
And depending on the car you have to mount the phone on the dash to get a strong signal.

They just did an upgrade and it now goes online to download speed camera info
Cool, what sat nav software do you use? Is it Tom Tom?
Old Jan 5th 2010, 1:58 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I've got Sygic on mine. It was on discount one week for $59AUD so I ponied up. I think it's a great app, but it gets lousy reviews on many sites. Mind you, those are all prior to a recent massive update that added traffic updates, speed cameras and all sorts of cool downloadable goodies. I have a TomTom Go 720 in the car as well and I prefer the Sygic to the TomTom which takes a frigging eternity to lock on (five minutes start up time at best with clear skies). I had the TomTom mobile maps on my old Windows Smartphone and I thought that sucked too. I think TomTom products are the most over-rated and over-priced in the GPS market.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 1:59 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Boy are you in for a shock if/when you get to Australia !!
lol - was thinking the same. Those ****ing terrorists Telstra give me a miserable 150Mb a month. 150Mb!!!!!! Wankers.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 2:05 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
lol - was thinking the same. Those ****ing terrorists Telstra give me a miserable 150Mb a month. 150Mb!!!!!! Wankers.
I get a 1GB quota with Virgin (Optus) and about $560 of phone credit for $79 per month.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 2:17 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
I get a 1GB quota with Virgin (Optus) and about $560 of phone credit for $79 per month.
Yea, I can get 5Gb for a fairly reasonable fee on Optus down here, but there's sweet F.A. reception round these parts. If you want a 3G connection of any sort in the regions, it's basically Telstra or nothing.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
I'm so glad you started this thread, I'm thinking of getting one.

I want to know if anyone has them with Optus, can you send and recieve mms to the UK (as I can't now on my inferior phone).

I have some bets on with ladbrokes, if Petter Northug wins the Tour De Ski I can get an iPhone!

Ive just got iphone with virgin and can not seam to text to the UK.
However used to be able to text to vodafone from a telstra cheapo phone!

Ive only just got my iphone so not really got any decent apps yet.

Gems
Old Jan 5th 2010, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
Ive just got iphone with virgin and can not seam to text to the UK.
However used to be able to text to vodafone from a telstra cheapo phone!

Ive only just got my iphone so not really got any decent apps yet.

Gems
I dont have any trouble with that - maybe there was something that needed to be enabled? It would be worth giving them a call because you should be able to do it without any problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.