Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Instead of what foods you miss from the UK, what have you gained a love for in OZ??

Wikiposts

Instead of what foods you miss from the UK, what have you gained a love for in OZ??

Old Jul 26th 2010, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Instead of what foods you miss from the UK, what have you gained a love for in OZ

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
How bizarre....

there is nothing I really miss from the UK...and there is nothing I really would miss from Australia..

I do quite like Salt and Pepper squid...and a Chicken Parmie.

Can't remember if these are on the menu in the Yookay...
Ditto as far as food goes... who can truly remember what a bacon sarie tasted like in the UK after years away? I do remember thinking that much of the Aussie food seemed a little bland in flavour compared to the UK equivalent when I first got here... but that was years ago now.

Now beer is another matter....
Old Jul 26th 2010, 6:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Instead of what foods you miss from the UK, what have you gained a love for in OZ

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Ditto as far as food goes... who can truly remember what a bacon sarie tasted like in the UK after years away? I do remember thinking that much of the Aussie food seemed a little bland in flavour compared to the UK equivalent when I first got here... but that was years ago now.

I can, cos I don't like the smoked stuff that Qld loves. Thank God for Aldi who now do one type of bacon unsmoked
Old Jul 26th 2010, 10:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

I'm convinced that the long trip to Australia from Europe or N America is so long and knocks you around -even if you don't suffer tremendously from jet lag that it's hard to make direct comparisons. I've never noticed - maybe I have a dodgy palate.

If Australia was an hour's flight from London maybe it would be easier to notice these things...hmmm...
Old Jul 26th 2010, 10:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm convinced that the long trip to Australia from Europe or N America is so long and knocks you around -even if you don't suffer tremendously from jet lag that it's hard to make direct comparisons. I've never noticed - maybe I have a dodgy palate.

If Australia was an hour's flight from London maybe it would be easier to notice these things...hmmm...
The thread wasn't asking for comparisons or stuff you missed. It was asking what you've found you're eating more of or found a liking for. Nothing to do with length of flights or jet lag or dodgy palates.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:04 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've got addicted to those little pots of chocolate sauce that Coles sell in the fruit section, next to the strawberries. Berries dipped in chocolate are pretty
Don't know if you could get similar in England, if so I never noticed it
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:04 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Got to agree mate
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The thread wasn't asking for comparisons or stuff you missed. It was asking what you've found you're eating more of or found a liking for. Nothing to do with length of flights or jet lag or dodgy palates.
I was referring to Uranus.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:09 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Got to agree mate
If only it was just an hour's flight, I could pop over for lunch
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Shush - stay on topic.

Or whatever chocolate bar takes your fancy...
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:14 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

And pass me on the way
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I was referring to Uranus.
Yes, I do understand how the quote system works.

However.....
How bizarre....

there is nothing I really miss from the UK...and there is nothing I really would miss from Australia..

I do quite like Salt and Pepper squid...and a Chicken Parmie.

Can't remember if these are on the menu in the Yookay...
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:24 pm
FREE TIBET

I miss nothing from the uk cause im here and i miss nothing from oz cause im going back
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Yes, I do understand how the quote system works.
Well you didn't quote me very well then. You appeared to be quoting my reply to Uranus..

It was hard for me to answer the original question exactly as it did not apply...(my implication was that if you loved something you might then miss it) but I did attempt to make amends...happy?
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:27 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
I miss nothing from the uk cause im here and i miss nothing from oz cause im going back
Assuming you can escape from your posh country estate

I eat a lot more tuna over here, cos its easy fodder for night shift. Used to just eat the plain stuff, but I'm addicted to Tuna with Lime and Black pepper now
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:29 pm
FREE TIBET

Assuming you can escape from your posh country estate

I eat a lot more tuna over here, cos its easy fodder for night shift. Used to just eat the plain stuff, but I'm addicted to Tuna with Lime and Black pepper now
Guess what yer bringing me from Coles,and the red thai as well,cant find them here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.