Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The "I'M FROM THE NORTH OF ENGLAND" thread

The "I'M FROM THE NORTH OF ENGLAND" thread

Old Oct 10th 2010, 9:39 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "I'M FROM THE NORTH OF ENGLAND" thread

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
That is just so wrong!
Ner you gotta av pease pud on ya ham sarnies! I used to get a savaloy dip from the butchers with pease pud, mustard and gravy
Old Oct 10th 2010, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I am a northener born & bred but pease pudding on a ham sandwich is just wrong. I guess it is a Yorkshire thng!
Old Oct 10th 2010, 1:19 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Oh yes it would be bucket or bouquet as you say on the Wirral, us common scousers have cups.
Aye maybe but deffo no ploughman's lunch at school even in The-Wirral-Actually. Some lads in the sixth form used to nip round to the shop on the corner and bring back a nudger for lunch.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
Aye maybe but deffo no ploughman's lunch at school even in The-Wirral-Actually. Some lads in the sixth form used to nip round to the shop on the corner and bring back a nudger for lunch.
Tuna mayo nudger. Yum yum. And a binlid on a Friday when you were filling yourself with stodge before going out on the lash.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RenShen
Tuna mayo nudger. Yum yum. And a binlid on a Friday when you were filling yourself with stodge before going out on the lash.
The local Binlid shop suspicioulsy burnt down then opened bigger and better as they do in the North...but of course there was nothing dodgey going on...
Old Oct 10th 2010, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pproehann
The local Binlid shop suspicioulsy burnt down then opened bigger and better as they do in the North...but of course there was nothing dodgey going on...
Well everybody is more friendly in the North, including the insurance companies
Old Oct 10th 2010, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I am a northener born & bred but pease pudding on a ham sandwich is just wrong. I guess it is a Yorkshire thng!
Only the strange part of Yorkshire
Old Oct 10th 2010, 8:47 pm
onwards upwards

snow white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
Only the strange part of Yorkshire
ham and pease pudding sarnies in a greggs stottie no other way mmmmmmmm

yes im a northerner lol

x
Old Oct 10th 2010, 9:00 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snow white
ham and pease pudding sarnies in a greggs stottie no other way mmmmmmmm

yes im a northerner lol

x
I remember how happy I was when I moved from Stanley to Warrington and discovered they had Greggs there too!

I wasn't so happy when I asked for a French Salad Stottie and was greeted with a blank look. So I asked for a ham bun and was told that a bun was a sweet thing.. peasants, all of them.

And please, Tesco, those flat barms you sell as stotties - well, they're not.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

YORKSHIRE! Wash ya mouth out girl, i'm a durham lad.

Ya want nowt t dee wi them southerners man

Jazzys
Old Oct 11th 2010, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
YORKSHIRE! Wash ya mouth out girl, i'm a durham lad.

Ya want nowt t dee wi them southerners man

Jazzys
You must have a great accent
Old Oct 11th 2010, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RenShen
Well everybody is more friendly in the North, including the insurance companies
The insurance assessor probably got a lifetime supply of free Pizza's.

You must have a great accent
Although I like the Northern accent I can never figure out why people feel the need to consistently type in accents???
Old Oct 11th 2010, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pproehann
The insurance assessor probably got a lifetime supply of free Pizza's.

Although I like the Northern accent I can never figure out why people feel the need to consistently type in accents???
Identity & individuality I would imagine.
Oh, & to be a pain in the ass!
Old Oct 12th 2010, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Identity & individuality I would imagine.
Oh, & to be a pain in the ass!
Haway Sally! Typing in regional accents? Ya canna wack it man!
Old Oct 12th 2010, 1:15 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

"Haway" is one of the few typically NE words I use, but then I'm from Redcar - the posh end

OK...thinking about it...I use "man" a lot, but then people just think I'm in a 60s timewarp.

edit: I read about the English National League marching at the weekend. Makes me so proud to be English.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.