British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   The "I'll probably get slated for it, but ..." thread ... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/ill-probably-get-slated-but-thread-450224/)

Weirdstone May 17th 2007 2:22 am

Re: The "I'll probably get slated for it, but ..." thread ...

I'll probably get slated for it but the amount of games on this forum is ridiculous....and I don't mean in the Arcade.

NotQuiteSure May 17th 2007 3:31 am

I'll probably get slated for it, but

"Living the dream.....My Arse"

oddsinoz May 17th 2007 8:52 am

I'll probably get slated for it but...

People who write dedications and/or poems to pets, especially dead ones. Please!!!!!
Oh, and people who put lots of!!!!!after a message!!!!!!!

Centurion May 17th 2007 9:09 am

I'll probably get slated for it but

I hate that way that people disguise the thread titles of "woohoo I got my visa" so I'm forced to read it like I actually know them and care in any small way.

Clippy May 17th 2007 9:29 am

Originally Posted by saraho (Post 4794800)

People who write dedications and/or poems to pets, especially dead ones. Please!!!!!
Oh, and people who put lots of!!!!!after a message!!!!!!!

That'd be me then :D !!!!! :D

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 4794889)
I'll probably get slated for it but

I hate that way that people disguise the thread titles of "woohoo I got my visa" so I'm forced to read it like I actually know them and care in any small way.

:ohmy:

elmtree May 17th 2007 10:52 am

I'll probably get slated for it, but I occasionally like to shave my sac

mmmmm ..... smooooth. :p

elmtree May 17th 2007 10:55 am

I suppose now is a good time to ask ....... that magic cream from Boots, does it get rid of wrinkles just on the face, or .........

Originally Posted by elmtree (Post 4795260)
I'll probably get slated for it, but I occasionally like to shave my sac

mmmmm ..... smooooth. :p

annqldau May 17th 2007 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by rossifumi (Post 4788405)
I've been here and there but mostly there. :sneaky: ;)

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 4788498)
Someone lured him out of hiding .... Keeps promising we'll meet for a drink but he hasn't got round to it yet, scared of me I reckon http://www.kolobok.wrg.ru/smiles/he_...girl_devil.gif

The life of a working boy... he probably doesn't want to meet up until he has protection arranged (not going to go in to what sort of potection).

BadgeIsBack May 18th 2007 12:35 am

I get sick of the endless arrival posts.

The flight number, the comment on games in the back of seats, and the attention of cabin crew..

All the endless hire cars, cheap accomodation, sojourns to Medicare and ATO, references to wide open spaces - where are these - yes I live in them but I thought most of surburbia was straight roads.....an eye-boggling look around a new estate, taking the kids to a park, a test drive of a flash car, and you know me, the effing dolphins just about has me finished.

They're all the same these posts. You'd have thought people had never left home.

Occasionally you get a good one. I love the people who aren't sure about Australia as at least there is a bit of variety there.

Oops - I'll probably get slated for it. (Almost forgot my get of jail free card)

VikkiL May 18th 2007 12:40 am

I'll probably get slated for it, but...

I bloody well hate people coming to my door and trying to force their religious beliefs onto me. I have no problem with any religion but leave me alone please!

BadgeIsBack May 18th 2007 12:41 am

Originally Posted by VikkiL (Post 4797477)
I'll probably get slated for it, but...

I bloody well hate people coming to my door and trying to force their religious beliefs onto me. I have no problem with any religion but leave me alone please!

Think that sentiment will be greeted with open agreement.:)

Vim Fuego May 18th 2007 12:48 am

I'll probably get slated for it but my roof could do with re-covering.

BadgeIsBack May 18th 2007 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego (Post 4797519)
I'll probably get slated for it but my roof could do with re-covering.

I had him in too, for those sort of jobs.

Clippy May 18th 2007 7:01 am

I like to hear about the normal things people do, in their normal lives in Australia...

I like to hear how people get excited over normal stuff just because it's in another country and all new...

C&R May 22nd 2007 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Clippies (Post 4799399)

I like to hear about the normal things people do, in their normal lives in Australia...

I like to hear how people get excited over normal stuff just because it's in another country and all new...

I will probably get slated for thinking that this website was a community that helped others out. Apart from the Immigration forum - the Australia/Barbie forums appears to be part of an exclusive club, with the majority of posters only responding to people who are already established and well known. Those new members who need help seem to be left by the wayside. Yet well known posters can start off a thread with some kind of 'in joke' - and gather a large number of responses. Just an observation, nothing more.