British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   The "I'll probably get slated for it, but ..." thread ... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/ill-probably-get-slated-but-thread-450224/)

Hutch May 14th 2007 10:15 pm

The "I'll probably get slated for it, but ..." thread ...

I've learnt the form now and I realise that if you want to spout a load of half-arsed nonsensical bollocks, all you have to do is prefix your statement with the words "I'll probably get slated for it, but ...". Keen observation on my part has shown that if you use these magic words, you'll get some in-thread support in no time at all, with the added bonus that if you do get 'slated', you predicted it from the beginning.

So, if you've ever wanted to cut loose - now's your moment. Feel free to post your borderline-facist statements, opinionated garbage or loony viewpoints here - just remember to include the all-important phrase at the start of your post. I'll begin ..

I'll probably get slated for it, but ... boomerang's are ****ing shit, Australian women all have VD and the wine's only cheap here because it gives you syphilis.

esperanza May 14th 2007 10:18 pm

Re: The "I'll probably get slated for it, but ..." thread ...

Ha ha ha, like:

I'll probably get slated for it but the UK is a sh$t hole because everyone there is a bloody immigrant, I hate immigrants. It won't be like that in Australia!

Have I got the hang of it? ;)

moneypenny20 May 14th 2007 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 4780955)
I've learnt the form now and I realise that if you want to spout a load of half-arsed nonsensical bollocks, all you have to do is prefix your statement with the words "I'll probably get slated for it, but ...". Keen observation on my part has shown that if you use these magic words, you'll get some in-thread support in no time at all, with the added bonus that if you do get 'slated', you predicted it from the beginning.

So, if you've ever wanted to cut loose - now's your moment. Feel free to post your borderline-facist statements, opinionated garbage or loony viewponts here - just remember to include the all-important phrase at the start of your post. I'll begin ..

I'll probably get slated for it, but ... boomerang's are ****ing shit, Australian women all have VD and the wine's only cheap here because it gives you syphilis.

Bored today, are you:D

Vash the Stampede May 14th 2007 10:19 pm

I'll probably get slated for it, but ... Perth STILL doesn't have 24/7 shopping, and it's JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!! :curse:

Hutch May 14th 2007 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by esperanza (Post 4780966)
Ha ha ha, like:

I'll probably get slated for it but the UK is a sh$t hole because everyone there is a bloody immigrant, I hate immigrants. It won't be like that in Australia!

Have I got the hang of it? ;)

Excellent job.

Keep 'em coming ...

Hutch May 14th 2007 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 4780968)
Bored today, are you:D

Moi?

Clippy May 14th 2007 10:50 pm

I'll probably get slated for it..but...

erm...

nope sorry, can't think of anything :blink:

Damn it, I was looking forward to a good slating :rolleyes: :rofl:

gedge May 14th 2007 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Clippies (Post 4781114)
I'll probably get slated for it..but...

erm...

nope sorry, can't think of anything :blink:

Damn it, I was looking forward to a good slating :rolleyes: :rofl:

that was absolutely rubbish

asher May 14th 2007 10:52 pm

I'll probably get slated for it but I believe bananas are going up in price :rofl: :rofl:

Clippy May 14th 2007 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by gedge (Post 4781119)
that was absolutely rubbish

:ohmy: could say the same about your attempt at 'a good slating'

:rofl: :thumbsup:

gedge May 14th 2007 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Clippies (Post 4781133)
:ohmy: could say the same about your attempt at 'a good slating'

:rofl: :thumbsup:

i don't need to try, it just happens

Clippy May 14th 2007 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by gedge (Post 4781182)
i don't need to try, it just happens

Really?

I'd heard you were very trying :p

sasbear May 14th 2007 11:09 pm

"I'll probably get slated for it but.....Ozzies are feral b****ds walking around supermarkets and malls with bare feet!"

moneypenny20 May 14th 2007 11:14 pm

I'll probably get slated for it, but.....isn't Australia brilliant:thumbsup: - Did you see what I did there;)

possoms May 14th 2007 11:29 pm

I'll probably get slated for it, but...whats with all overpriced "houses" that are really little more than shacks! I quite honestly wouldnt put a dog in half of em...um is that what you mean? :lol: