Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If Scotland completely devolves

If Scotland completely devolves

Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:17 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Scotland completely devolves

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
...would that be a sheep induced coma?
I'll say this for ya.....................

Yer a cock!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:21 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TakenThePlunge
As in baasexual?

Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Edit - just read the article. I am not surprised that Mike Jackson thinks that but I don't really know why he believes that Scotland would face a military threat.
An independent Scotland has always faced a military threat... from us lot South of the border. Who's to say it wouldn't in the future.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:25 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
An independent Scotland has always faced a military threat... from us lot South of the border. Who's to say it wouldn't in the future.
Quite true. Look at how much a Scottish man has f****d up England. I think Gordon Brown has always been part of the advanced invasion party carrying out a pre-emptive strike....
Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Quite true. Look at how much a Scottish man has f****d up England. I think Gordon Brown has always been part of the advanced invasion party carrying out a pre-emptive strike....

In all serious though if Scotland did leave the UK it would be akin to a divorce. They usually end up being messy and bitter with one side or the other being seriously financially disadvantaged. I think you would see the same sort of problems with full blown devolution. I think the Scots just believe that devolution would just move them from sponging off England to sponging of Germany instead... it may not prove to be that simple.

Here's another Times piece to be going on with....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/article657700.ece
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:00 pm
Account Closed

Clans are a bit slow off the mark today... I expected the Highland Charge to have descended on me by now.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:09 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Clans are a bit slow off the mark today... I expected the Highland Charge to have descended on me by now.
they're all passed out from the morning drinking session
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

I feel it would be a shame to have 2-4 nations within the British Isles. What's wrong with a federation of states? After the Scots would follow the Northern Irish, the Welsh, the Cornish.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:13 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ossigeno
I feel it would be a shame to have 2-4 nations within the British Isles. What's wrong with a federation of states? After the Scots would follow the Northern Irish, the Welsh, the Cornish.
hopefully Essex too
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
hopefully Essex too
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:14 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

There already are 5 nations within the British Isles...

Sorry just being pedantic....
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Do they really want to do this though? It's a nice idea for the Scots but have they thought this through? They used to go on about their banks being so great, well now they're English owned, what else apart from the military and whiskey have they got to offer? They'd be b.uggered without the DSS payments from down south.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:22 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
Do they really want to do this though? It's a nice idea for the Scots but have they thought this through? They used to go on about their banks being so great, well now they're English owned, what else apart from the military and whiskey have they got to offer? They'd be b.uggered without the DSS payments from down south.
..and shortbread....
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:29 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bithbheo;7707914]
I saw this BBC news article - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8120695.stm

read this and got the impression that the Army would be lost without the Scottish regiments........and so they would ........ it is always the Scots lads that are thrown in first wherever the trouble...
So true that, my dad was the youngest soldier to fight in Aden, under Mad Mitch.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:30 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

..and shortbread....
Where's ScottishCelts when you need her?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.