Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If Scotland completely devolves

If Scotland completely devolves

Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:31 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Scotland completely devolves

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

So true that, my dad was the youngest soldier to fight in Aden, under Mad Mitch.
Ta Da!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:31 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=scottishcelts;7708173]
Originally Posted by bithbheo

So true that, my dad was the youngest soldier to fight in Aden, under Mad Mitch.
Was he SAS?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:33 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Clans are a bit slow off the mark today... I expected the Highland Charge to have descended on me by now.

Right here now and ready for a fight yeah!

I might have once, but i quite like you now and won't bite hee hee
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:34 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=DunRoaminTheUK;7708179]

Was he SAS?
He was an Argyll.

Oh Dun, i'd be more than happy to have you as one of us
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:35 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=scottishcelts;7708182]
Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK

He was an Argyll.

Oh Dun, i'd be more than happy to have you as one of us
Awww bless. I am one of you...when it suits me...
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
Do they really want to do this though? It's a nice idea for the Scots but have they thought this through? They used to go on about their banks being so great, well now they're English owned, what else apart from the military and whiskey have they got to offer? They'd be b.uggered without the DSS payments from down south.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:36 pm

[QUOTE=DunRoaminTheUK;7708185]

Awww bless. I am one of you...when it suits me...
Are your parents Scottish Dun?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:37 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

[QUOTE=scottishcelts;7708187]

Are your parents Scottish Dun?
Perish the thought..

Pater is from 'Ull and Mater is from Mauritius....

You see, I'm a bit of a mongrel 'ol girl.....
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Right here now and ready for a fight yeah!

I might have once, but i quite like you now and won't bite hee hee
So far this is a one woman Highland Charge and I bet your not even wearing a skirt... sorry kilt.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:45 pm

[QUOTE=DunRoaminTheUK;7708188]

Perish the thought..

Pater is from 'Ull and Mater is from Mauritius....

You see, I'm a bit of a mongrel 'ol girl.....
Always a difficult one that is, so what do you feel? English because you were raised there, or Scottish because you were born there? You are half English, imo I would have said you were English. Just my opinion.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
So far this is a one woman Highland Charge and I bet your not even wearing a skirt... sorry kilt.
Jeans - they help with the hill and glen tumbling when i'm ambushing your asses
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeans - they help with the hill and glen tumbling when i'm ambushing your asses

So none of this then?

Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:57 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

[QUOTE=scottishcelts;7708195]

Always a difficult one that is, so what do you feel? English because you were raised there, or Scottish because you were born there? You are half English, imo I would have said you were English. Just my opinion.
Actually, I've always been very drawn to Scotland and I've always said that if I returned to the UK I would settle in Scotland. There's something about the place that really appeals to me (enter stage left Broad Shoulders to say something about sheeps).

I started out my life living the first year in Scotland and then I spent the next five years in Mauritius and then the rest in southern England but I have always felt that I have a strong association with Scotland because it was where I came into the world. I acknowledge that fact and I do in part feel I was brought into the world as one of Scotland's sons but I grew up in England so I can't really say that I am experienced in living the life of a Scottish person and anyway I'm far too generous with my money.

In essence, I feel more English that Scottish but I acknowledge that I am in some way, shape or form also inextricably Scottish so I think you're right, I am a not entirely Scottish.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:02 pm

[QUOTE=DunRoaminTheUK;7708212]

Actually, I've always been very drawn to Scotland and I've always said that if I returned to the UK I would settle in Scotland. There's something about the place that really appeals to me (enter stage left Broad Shoulders to say something about sheeps).

I started out my life living the first year in Scotland and then I spent the next five years in Mauritius and then the rest in southern England but I have always felt that I have a strong association with Scotland because it was where I came into the world. I acknowledge that fact and I do in part feel I was brought into the world as one of Scotland's sons but I grew up in England so I can't really say that I am experienced in living the life of a Scottish person and anyway I'm far too generous with my money.

In essence, I feel more English that Scottish but I acknowledge that I am in some way, shape or form also inextricably Scottish so I think you're right, I am a not entirely Scottish.
Scottish people aren't tight, not any Scottish i know anyway.

We are going home in February, renovating this house and getting it ready for sale after the new year. I can't wait, Scotland is a beautiful country to live, like everywhere it has it's problems and not so nice areas, but on the whole it is superb.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:11 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

[QUOTE=scottishcelts;7708223]

Scottish people aren't tight, not any Scottish i know anyway.

We are going home in February, renovating this house and getting it ready for sale after the new year. I can't wait, Scotland is a beautiful country to live, like everywhere it has it's problems and not so nice areas, but on the whole it is superb.
Forgot to mention - I've got a Scottish surname too (Sept of the Buchanan clan apparently).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.