Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I hate my bl**dy in-laws NEED TO RANT

I hate my bl**dy in-laws NEED TO RANT

Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hate my bl**dy in-laws NEED TO RANT

Hi Sharon

What happened?

Hope the pony ended up going to Hervey Bay

What an awful situation.

Am having a glass of wine for you and hope the outlaws haven't given you too much more flack.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

honeybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nice

Originally Posted by kitty4
Hi Sharon

What happened?

Hope the pony ended up going to Hervey Bay

What an awful situation.

Am having a glass of wine for you and hope the outlaws haven't given you too much more flack.
I hope you sent the poor pony to Hervey Bay?
What awful people. Ignore them and go ahead and do your thing. What can they do anyway? People can get to us to the extent we let them. Ignoring them will really tick them off!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:20 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Can' you buy a goat, put a horse rug on it and when your in laws turn up to get the 'pony' give them the goat??!!

They'll never know!

Other option, when they arrive, present them with an invoice for the vet/food/transport costs over the last 2 years!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:03 am
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BandS
As you may or may not know I have spend the last few weeks and a few hundred dollars sorting out a home for the Shetland Pony we have had.

This pony belonged to my husbands parents but came to us over 2 years ago and since then they have had bugger all to do with him. we have brought all his food, paid vets bills etc, even got him a new zealand rug.

Any way after many weeks work we eventually found a brilliant home for him in Hervey Bay and after obtaining all the messessary permits etc it was booked for us to move him there tomorrow. His father knew we were planning this and said nothing.

Last night we got a call from parents to say that they were not letting thier pony go to Harveu Bay and we coming to get him back this weekend.

I have hit the bl**dy ceiling and have spend most of today going between minor rage to boiling point. My hubby even went down to there place and offered to buy him of them but they said no.

I rang his dad and lets just say it was not a pleasant conversation which ended up with me calling him a jumped up little Pr**k and him slamming the phone down on me.

I am going to get very drunk tonight...................rant over

Sharon
sharon

Sorry for your stupid in-laws, But life is to short to let short sighted people disrupt the life you left this sh*t-hol* for, so please have one more glass of wine and tomorrow will be a better day.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Well despite our best efforts...including offering to buy him for $1000 from them....they came round yesterday and took him away.

It seems that they are not keeping him but have found a home for him in Tallai where there is another shetland which I hope is the truth. My hubby has promised to find out today. We have let the inlaws have his food and the new zealand rug we brought him so hopefully he will be fed and kept dry.

At the end of the day all we ever wanted was for this little pony to have a good life and if that happens then we will be happy.

As for the inlaws...... well these people will never change so we have decided that they will no longer be a part of our lives. It is very sad when a family is torn apart but these people have no respect for anyone or anything else.

I am very lucky that I have a wonderful husband who has supported me all through this.

I have told his father that I want the money back that I paid for the vets fee etc to get the permit. We will see what happens.

Thank you all for your support.

Sharon