British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   I hate my bl**dy in-laws NEED TO RANT (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/i-hate-my-bl%2A%2Ady-laws-need-rant-519768/)

BandS Mar 7th 2008 6:06 am

I hate my bl**dy in-laws NEED TO RANT

As you may or may not know I have spend the last few weeks and a few hundred dollars sorting out a home for the Shetland Pony we have had.

This pony belonged to my husbands parents but came to us over 2 years ago and since then they have had bugger all to do with him. we have brought all his food, paid vets bills etc, even got him a new zealand rug.

Any way after many weeks work we eventually found a brilliant home for him in Hervey Bay and after obtaining all the messessary permits etc it was booked for us to move him there tomorrow. His father knew we were planning this and said nothing.

Last night we got a call from parents to say that they were not letting thier pony go to Harveu Bay and we coming to get him back this weekend.

I have hit the bl**dy ceiling and have spend most of today going between minor rage to boiling point. My hubby even went down to there place and offered to buy him of them but they said no.

I rang his dad and lets just say it was not a pleasant conversation which ended up with me calling him a jumped up little Pr**k and him slamming the phone down on me.

I am going to get very drunk tonight...................rant over

Sharon

kitty4 Mar 7th 2008 6:11 am

Re: I hate my bl**dy in-laws NEED TO RANT

Hi

I was thinking of emailing you this weekend to see how the search was going to find him a home.

Sorry this has happened - I would be fuming too. :curse:

Sometimes people/relatives just don't make sense and just seem bloody minded.

Best wishes.

storms Mar 7th 2008 6:12 am

Deep breath, and enjoy the drink.

Family I feel for you on this one.

Storms

BandS Mar 7th 2008 6:13 am

Originally Posted by kitty4 (Post 6029368)
Hi

I was thinking of emailing you this weekend to see how the search was going to find him a home.

Sorry this has happened - I would be fuming too. :curse:

Sometimes people/relatives just don't make sense and just seem bloody minded.

Best wishes.

Thanks Kitty

They have just done this to piss us of. They did not care for the pony when they had him, hence the reason he came to us.....feel like going home and spiriting him away.

BandS Mar 7th 2008 6:14 am

[QUOTE=storms;6029369]Deep breath, and enjoy the drink.

Storms

I have already started. Sitting here at work with a glass of wine

Sharon

Same Difference Mar 7th 2008 6:17 am

Bloody outlaws............who needs them? :curse:

BandS Mar 7th 2008 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Same Difference (Post 6029375)
Bloody outlaws............who needs them? :curse:

Well this lot have made my life hell ever since I got together with there son. They made the run up to our wedding such a nightmare that I nearly called it off. Well enough is enough and I have told hubby that I will have nothing more to do with them.......luckily he agrees with me.

Sharon

Same Difference Mar 7th 2008 6:21 am

Originally Posted by BandS (Post 6029379)
Well this lot have made my life hell ever since I got together with there son. They made the run up to our wedding such a nightmare that I nearly called it off. Well enough is enough and I have told hubby that I will have nothing more to do with them.......luckily he agrees with me.

Sharon

Good for you!

I have the outlaws from hell too and know exactly where you are coming from!! Not all of them I might add, but the ones that are from hell are complete bastards :curse:

eddie007 Mar 7th 2008 10:46 am

welcome to my world :sneaky:

Seriously its hardest when they use a pawn to get at you...

moneypenny20 Mar 7th 2008 10:55 am

Originally Posted by BandS (Post 6029379)

Sharon

After all the heartache you've gone through to find a new home :eek: Presumably though, by behaving like d*ckheads, the pony is still going to be lonely and not eat:( At least hubby agrees with you. That always a bonus:D but not always a given.

rebnatoli Mar 7th 2008 11:18 am

I would still take the pony to Hervey Bay myself - your inlaws can hardly claim ownership if you have had him for 2 years - surely they could have offered to have had him when you first started looking - the pony shouldn't lose out just because they are being petty.

asher Mar 7th 2008 11:51 am

well what a nasty thing to do!!
bill them for the feed and vets bills say that as they are saying its their pony please put their money where their mouth is, If they can't or won't pay then you will keep the pony until they do :sneaky:

EvannTel Mar 7th 2008 12:24 pm

You could always remake "that" scene from the Godfather in your FIL's bed as warning!

(if your as drunk as me hopefully ouy'll find that funny- if not, sorry Dobbin)

Phoenix Mar 7th 2008 2:24 pm

Reckon i'd still send the pony if its going to a nice home and when they got snotty about it i'd bill them for 2 years keep and bills. I wouldn't be speaking to them again either.

My ex in laws were sh***s - 20 years of meddling and gossip mongering. Glad I don't have that any more.

NikiL Mar 7th 2008 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Phoenix (Post 6030931)
Reckon i'd still send the pony if its going to a nice home and when they got snotty about it i'd bill them for 2 years keep and bills. I wouldn't be speaking to them again either.

Reckon I'd take that route too. Its in the pony's best interests, and if they're not prepared to recognise that then you could always let them know that by insisting that he is left in the position he is currently in, then technically they are insisting on animal cruelty. (not that I'm saying you're committing animal cruelty - far from it, but them insisting he stays where he won't eat is cruel)

They sounds like charmers. Delighted you found him a home, and if I were you I'd still be taking him there.

Hope your hangover isn't too bad :lol: