Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I hate my bl**dy in-laws NEED TO RANT

I hate my bl**dy in-laws NEED TO RANT

Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute
Default I hate my bl**dy in-laws NEED TO RANT

As you may or may not know I have spend the last few weeks and a few hundred dollars sorting out a home for the Shetland Pony we have had.

This pony belonged to my husbands parents but came to us over 2 years ago and since then they have had bugger all to do with him. we have brought all his food, paid vets bills etc, even got him a new zealand rug.

Any way after many weeks work we eventually found a brilliant home for him in Hervey Bay and after obtaining all the messessary permits etc it was booked for us to move him there tomorrow. His father knew we were planning this and said nothing.

Last night we got a call from parents to say that they were not letting thier pony go to Harveu Bay and we coming to get him back this weekend.

I have hit the bl**dy ceiling and have spend most of today going between minor rage to boiling point. My hubby even went down to there place and offered to buy him of them but they said no.

I rang his dad and lets just say it was not a pleasant conversation which ended up with me calling him a jumped up little Pr**k and him slamming the phone down on me.

I am going to get very drunk tonight...................rant over

Sharon
Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hate my bl**dy in-laws NEED TO RANT

Hi

I was thinking of emailing you this weekend to see how the search was going to find him a home.

Sorry this has happened - I would be fuming too. :curse:

Sometimes people/relatives just don't make sense and just seem bloody minded.

Best wishes.

Last edited by kitty4; Mar 7th 2008 at 6:11 am. Reason: typos
Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

Deep breath, and enjoy the drink.

Family I feel for you on this one.

Storms
Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kitty4
Hi

I was thinking of emailing you this weekend to see how the search was going to find him a home.

Sorry this has happened - I would be fuming too. :curse:

Sometimes people/relatives just don't make sense and just seem bloody minded.

Best wishes.
Thanks Kitty

They have just done this to piss us of. They did not care for the pony when they had him, hence the reason he came to us.....feel like going home and spiriting him away.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=storms;6029369]Deep breath, and enjoy the drink.

Storms

I have already started. Sitting here at work with a glass of wine

Sharon
Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:17 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody outlaws............who needs them? :curse:
Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Bloody outlaws............who needs them? :curse:
Well this lot have made my life hell ever since I got together with there son. They made the run up to our wedding such a nightmare that I nearly called it off. Well enough is enough and I have told hubby that I will have nothing more to do with them.......luckily he agrees with me.

Sharon
Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:21 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BandS
Well this lot have made my life hell ever since I got together with there son. They made the run up to our wedding such a nightmare that I nearly called it off. Well enough is enough and I have told hubby that I will have nothing more to do with them.......luckily he agrees with me.

Sharon
Good for you!

I have the outlaws from hell too and know exactly where you are coming from!! Not all of them I might add, but the ones that are from hell are complete bastards :curse:
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to my world

Seriously its hardest when they use a pawn to get at you...
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BandS

Sharon
After all the heartache you've gone through to find a new home Presumably though, by behaving like d*ckheads, the pony is still going to be lonely and not eat At least hubby agrees with you. That always a bonus but not always a given.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:18 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

I would still take the pony to Hervey Bay myself - your inlaws can hardly claim ownership if you have had him for 2 years - surely they could have offered to have had him when you first started looking - the pony shouldn't lose out just because they are being petty.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:51 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

well what a nasty thing to do!!
bill them for the feed and vets bills say that as they are saying its their pony please put their money where their mouth is, If they can't or won't pay then you will keep the pony until they do
Old Mar 7th 2008, 12:24 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

You could always remake "that" scene from the Godfather in your FIL's bed as warning!

(if your as drunk as me hopefully ouy'll find that funny- if not, sorry Dobbin)
Old Mar 7th 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Reckon i'd still send the pony if its going to a nice home and when they got snotty about it i'd bill them for 2 years keep and bills. I wouldn't be speaking to them again either.

My ex in laws were sh***s - 20 years of meddling and gossip mongering. Glad I don't have that any more.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenix
Reckon i'd still send the pony if its going to a nice home and when they got snotty about it i'd bill them for 2 years keep and bills. I wouldn't be speaking to them again either.
Reckon I'd take that route too. Its in the pony's best interests, and if they're not prepared to recognise that then you could always let them know that by insisting that he is left in the position he is currently in, then technically they are insisting on animal cruelty. (not that I'm saying you're committing animal cruelty - far from it, but them insisting he stays where he won't eat is cruel)

They sounds like charmers. Delighted you found him a home, and if I were you I'd still be taking him there.

Hope your hangover isn't too bad

Last edited by NikiL; Mar 7th 2008 at 5:32 pm. Reason: lousy grammar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.