I hate.............

Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hate.............

Originally Posted by Wendy
I don't miss it either. In fact with the exception of my lad I don't miss anything.
Exactly, I miss my oldest son, but he is emigrating here as well.
I miss my mum and dad.
I miss my sister and nieces.
I miss my friend Jackie, she is coming over soon to live.
So dont miss the place, dont miss the weather.
But I do miss Christmas in Uk, thats it.
My hubby my kids all are settled here, so here it is.
We have our appointment for interview for citizenship on Tuesday.
So better start practicing my Australian.
Denise
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
Exactly, I miss my oldest son, but he is emigrating here as well.
I miss my mum and dad.
I miss my sister and nieces.
I miss my friend Jackie, she is coming over soon to live.
So dont miss the place, dont miss the weather.
But I do miss Christmas in Uk, thats it.
My hubby my kids all are settled here, so here it is.
We have our appointment for interview for citizenship on Tuesday.
So better start practicing my Australian.
Denise

Good luck for your citizenship interview (although I'm sure you won't need it)
Old Jan 20th 2007, 9:37 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Good luck for your citizenship interview (although I'm sure you won't need it)
I'm not sure if all citizenship interviews go like ours did, but if they do there is nothing to worry about. ITS NOT an interview. All it was was a rubber stamping excercise, the 'interviewer' goes through the application form you sent in, item by item and just ticks boxes on another form they have. When it gets to things like passport, birth certificate they just check your copy is a copy of the original and tick a box. No questions asked, no interview, nothing. A big anticlimax only made more interesting by the fact I had brushed up on Australian history etc before hand just in case I needed it.

So no worries, the only thing to watch out for is if you get an incredibly rude person doing the ticking like we had.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
the only thing to watch out for is if you get an incredibly rude person doing the ticking like we had.
That's because they've been reading your posts for the past 12 months
Old Jan 20th 2007, 9:47 am
A mile High

Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold

Oh for such a simple outlook on life, I'll just go and pack my backs and go home, seeing as it's so easy.
life is only as hard as you make it !

if its only your farm or whatever it is you stay thats stopping you from going back, then i'll buy it from you , send me the details
Old Jan 20th 2007, 9:49 am
A mile High

Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=St.Georges Girl;4303762]
Originally Posted by rebabaros
if it is so bad here, then why dont you go back? what is the point of whining and telling everyone how crap the weather is when you would obviously prefer living in battered britainQUOTE]

'Battered Britain'??
You are kidding of course,you have to be! Have you read or even seen the news here lately?
was that not the headlines in all the newspapers lately with all the gale force winds etc
Old Jan 20th 2007, 10:12 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rebabaros
life is only as hard as you make it !

if its only your farm or whatever it is you stay thats stopping you from going back, then i'll buy it from you , send me the details

You can buy my house as well then... I will, of course, need a deposit.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if all citizenship interviews go like ours did, but if they do there is nothing to worry about. ITS NOT an interview. All it was was a rubber stamping excercise, the 'interviewer' goes through the application form you sent in, item by item and just ticks boxes on another form they have. When it gets to things like passport, birth certificate they just check your copy is a copy of the original and tick a box. No questions asked, no interview, nothing. A big anticlimax only made more interesting by the fact I had brushed up on Australian history etc before hand just in case I needed it.

So no worries, the only thing to watch out for is if you get an incredibly rude person doing the ticking like we had.
You are right, 15 mins thats it, just check all our documents, and the guy at the post office is really nice.
How long after that does it take to get certificate.
I want to apply to work at centrelink but you have to have citizenship.
Denise
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:07 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
You are right, 15 mins thats it, just check all our documents, and the guy at the post office is really nice.
How long after that does it take to get certificate.
I want to apply to work at centrelink but you have to have citizenship.
Denise
After the interview to getting it, I've no idea how long it takes because we are still waiting.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:07 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=rebabaros;4304302was that not the headlines in all the newspapers lately with all the gale force winds etc [/QUOTE]

Yes, but that's the here and now and not a permanent way of life. Fires, droughts, cyclones etc. are a regular part of life in Oz.

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Jan 21st 2007 at 1:59 am.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Fires, droughts, cyclones etc. are a regular way of life here.
Really? I must have missed hearing about the cyclones that regularly pass through Perth. Never realised that bush fires threaten the population on a regular basis either.

And is the drought so bad in Perth that no water comes out of the taps? Funny that that passed me by, too.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:52 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyC
Really? I must have missed hearing about the cyclones that regularly pass through Perth. Never realised that bush fires threaten the population on a regular basis either.

And is the drought so bad in Perth that no water comes out of the taps? Funny that that passed me by, too.
I was wondering about this too ... does it all happen at night when I'm sleeping
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:54 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm! Sarcasm gets you everywhere.....don't recall mentioning Perth, but as you mentioned it, WA has just had yet another cyclone up north. Hubby was evacuated from a minesite because of it. I think that was the third time in less than a year and WA even has a name for it...'Cyclone season'!

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Jan 21st 2007 at 2:02 am.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:30 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, I have lived in Oz my WHOLE life...apart from the couple I was in London....and have never been threatened by fire, flood, cyclones....the drought is only effecting me now that we have water restrictions...but they reckon the drought is going to break this year....but who knows....
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:34 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
Funny, I have lived in Oz my WHOLE life...apart from the couple I was in London....and have never been threatened by fire, flood, cyclones....the drought is only effecting me now that we have water restrictions...but they reckon the drought is going to break this year....but who knows....
Yes but your in the God zone mate.......

ZX.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.