I hate.............

Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:42 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hate.............

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Yes but your in the God zone mate.......

ZX.......
The godzone must me most of Australia then I have lived in every State apart from Tassie....
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:50 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
Funny, I have lived in Oz my WHOLE life...apart from the couple I was in London....and have never been threatened by fire, flood, cyclones....the drought is only effecting me now that we have water restrictions...but they reckon the drought is going to break this year....but who knows....
So you're not a Brit, or an expat and you have spent nearly all your life in Oz.

Just what is it you get from the British Expats forum then?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:55 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
So you're not a Brit, or an expat and you have spent nearly all your life in Oz.

Just what is it you get from the British Expats forum then?
Perhaps its not about what I get from it, as opposed to what I can offer??

I have an Expat Husband. I lived in London for 4 years and travelled a little around the UK.

I first registered with BE when we were moving back to Australia to get information about shipping, and transfering money across.

I made alot of friends and I believe I have something to offer in way of advice and information that might help some people moving over, having had experience in both places.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:56 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an Expat Husband. I lived in London for 4 years and travelled a little around the UK.

I first registered with BE when we were moving back to Australia to get information about shipping, and transfering money across.

I made alot of friends and I believe I have something to offer in way of advice and information that might help some people moving over, having had experience in both places.
Okey dokey
Old Jan 21st 2007, 3:53 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, I have lived in Oz my WHOLE life...apart from the couple I was in London....and have never been threatened by fire, flood, cyclones....the drought is only effecting me now that we have water restrictions...but they reckon the drought is going to break this year....but who knows....
I don't find that in the least bit funny, lucky maybe, but not funny. Right at this moment we have friends in Victoria who are staying in a hotel because their home is being threatened by fires, which I hasten to add have been raging for over a month now. As I said earlier, my OH has been evacuated at least 3 times in less than a year from WA's north. My aussie mates sister and her friend died in fires down south of here 2 years ago, so I'd say count your blessings. The only reason I got into this is was because another poster told someone to 'stop whining because they obviously preferred battered Britain'. That statement to me was ridiculous.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I don't find that in the least bit funny, lucky maybe, but not funny. Right at this moment we have friends in Victoria who are staying in a hotel because their home is being threatened by fires, which I hasten to add have been raging for over a month now. As I said earlier, my OH has been evacuated at least 3 times in less than a year from WA's north. My aussie mates sister and her friend died in fires down south of here 2 years ago, so I'd say count your blessings. The only reason I got into this is was because another poster told someone to 'stop whining because they obviously preferred battered Britain'. That statement to me was ridiculous.
I guess I was just offering another perspective for those that arent here yet. One that was a little less 'scare monger-ish'
Old Jan 21st 2007, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
yep, you may well!! When you've had enough of heat, sun, blue skies day in, day out for months and months on end. It sure is a wonderful thing when it rains at last!
Have to be really honest, a few days of constant rain and you get sick of that as well. What I would like is 23-25 all year round. Few days of rain. Melbourne does that quite well in Spring/Autumn(!)

I don't think there is anywhere were you get perfect weather.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 4:57 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I was just offering another perspective for those that arent here yet. One that was a little less 'scare monger-ish'
...and that is fine by me, but I wasn't trying to scare anyone, just answering a post which in my mind was ridiculous and, like you, I was offering another side.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 5:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Theres room for both perspectives though - I got hammered by people on here a couple of years back for warning about high fire danger - but for a lot of people in Aus (not all!) its something they do need to bear in mind- even in semi-urban areas. How many people in the suburbs of Canberra expected to lose their homes a few years back? Cycoles? far more affect the north coast of WA than ever get reported nationwide, and the most recent one, Isabel, came all the way down through WA to affect towns on the south coast. I think theres a couple of people that post on here who moved to Cairns without expecting that they would be hit by Cyclone Larry last year.

I remember IPom posting about how she couldn't sleep for the smell of the fires, theres at least one poster out in rural Victoria in an area that was seriously under threat not so long back, I have friends in Tassie that were threaened by fire fairly recently, and if anyone needs a reminder to treat the Australian weather with respect, its there in St.Georges Girl's post - "My aussie mates sister and her friend died in fires down south of here 2 years ago,".

As for the drought - Brisbane is currently working on a plan to cut water pressure as it will help (allegedly) prevent leaks. Fixing the pipes might help, but there you go! result is that those of us on hilltops will have less pressure coming through the taps, and according to the council, anyone with taps more than 3 metres above ground level, on top of a hill, will need a pump to get any pressure at all.

=======================
Parts of the UK get affected by severe weather more than others, no-one is arguing with that, and parts of Australia are the same. Lets just discuss it not argue about it.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 5:04 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Have to be really honest, a few days of constant rain and you get sick of that as well. What I would like is 23-25 all year round. Few days of rain. Melbourne does that quite well in Spring/Autumn(!)

I don't think there is anywhere were you get perfect weather.
That is perfectly true and the most sensible thing I've heard today. What is perfect for one is not for another. I lived in Spain and France for a year and almost everyone where I lived complained about the weather. Too hot, too windy, too much rain, not enough rain and so it goes on, the world over.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Theres room for both perspectives though - I got hammered by people on here a couple of years back for warning about high fire danger - but for a lot of people in Aus (not all!) its something they do need to bear in mind- even in semi-urban areas. How many people in the suburbs of Canberra expected to lose their homes a few years back? Cycoles? far more affect the north coast of WA than ever get reported nationwide, and the most recent one, Isabel, came all the way down through WA to affect towns on the south coast. I think theres a couple of people that post on here who moved to Cairns without expecting that they would be hit by Cyclone Larry last year.

I remember IPom posting about how she couldn't sleep for the smell of the fires, theres at least one poster out in rural Victoria in an area that was seriously under threat not so long back, I have friends in Tassie that were threaened by fire fairly recently, and if anyone needs a reminder to treat the Australian weather with respect, its there in St.Georges Girl's post - "My aussie mates sister and her friend died in fires down south of here 2 years ago,".

As for the drought - Brisbane is currently working on a plan to cut water pressure as it will help (allegedly) prevent leaks. Fixing the pipes might help, but there you go! result is that those of us on hilltops will have less pressure coming through the taps, and according to the council, anyone with taps more than 3 metres above ground level, on top of a hill, will need a pump to get any pressure at all.

=======================
Parts of the UK get affected by severe weather more than others, no-one is arguing with that, and parts of Australia are the same. Lets just discuss it not argue about it.
I dont see I was arguing....

I was offering another experience.

The last thing I need to be told is what Australia is like, thanks Polly...
Old Jan 21st 2007, 5:09 am
'In limboland'

=======================
Good post Pollyana.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 5:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I dont see I was arguing....

I was offering another experience.

The last thing I need to be told is what Australia is like, thanks Polly...
Then don't be quite so nasty - and this applies to other posters as well, ot just you. I wouldn't dream of telling you what your own country is like, and I respect your opinions because you know a lot more about Australia in general than I ever will, however other people do have a different experience of it from that which you have, and their experience is just as valuable.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 5:37 am

Then don't be quite so nasty - and this applies to other posters as well, ot just you. I wouldn't dream of telling you what your own country is like, and I respect your opinions because you know a lot more about Australia in general than I ever will, however other people do have a different experience of it from that which you have, and their experience is just as valuable.
I dont believe I was being nasty....I guess thats subjective
Old Jan 21st 2007, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Hels wasn't being nasty to anyone. And I don't want to be nasty to anyone or address this at anyone personally. You'll know if I am! I believe success anywhere depends on a sense of perspective. I live in an old once burned-out village and I'm not worried at all.

(shut up Badge - keep out of it!!!!!!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.