Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 2:06 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
DV - you've obviously never been. Only good thing out of slough is Mars
Oh, I've been to Slough, I feel your pain

My day is getting better, I'm watching beach volleyball ... Hold on, it's tomorrow now
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry not parking - VISA APPROVED
May your journey here be a smooth one.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

My day is going fine today, but yesterday witnessed an old lady walk in front of a car in the lane next to me. Poor old dear had some pretty serious injuries and due to her age, police said she has a slim chance of surviving - it was awful. But that was not the end of the drama, while we were waiting for the ambulance, police and traffic control, some a@$*hole got into one of the cars of a witness and stole her purse and personal belongings. There are some absolute creeps around.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 12:46 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I woke up feeling down and am having a love hate relationship with the steroids because of their side effects, doesnt help feeling so fat at the wrong time of the month I guess.

But now I am in work, all is well as I do love my job so now going to make a cuppa and at lunchtime I shall go shopping.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 12:46 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
My day is going fine today, but yesterday witnessed an old lady walk in front of a car in the lane next to me. Poor old dear had some pretty serious injuries and due to her age, police said she has a slim chance of surviving - it was awful. But that was not the end of the drama, while we were waiting for the ambulance, police and traffic control, some a@$*hole got into one of the cars of a witness and stole her purse and personal belongings. There are some absolute creeps around.
Jesus Christ that is awful.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Poor lady.What a horrible thing to witness.I hope she is ok.to the thief.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Jesus Christ that is awful.
Originally Posted by irishbloo
Poor lady.What a horrible thing to witness.I hope she is ok.to the thief.
It was awful, just glad the kids view was obscured at the time. It happened right on the bit of road where several friends have kids at school and people we knew went past afterwards and saw me standing at the scene so had frantic parents phoning to see if it was a school kid.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Recieved a package of sample scraps from a textile artist yesterday.... When the big companies bring out a new range they send her samples of every fabric in it.... Mostly 2 1/2 inch squares.... But in these were a set of bali batik samples 41/2 inch squares.... She passes these on for basically the cost of posting them out to you.....So I quickly whipped these up into a cot quilt with some black thin sashing between and borders from a jelly roll of bali batiks a mate brought back for me.... Made the sandwich last night using mini green frogs fabric... And am sat quilting it all as we speak.....

Kevin and The1 LOVE it....its Really funky

Just wondering whether I ought to add a sillohette (?) of a gekko to it in one corner... Or on the back?????
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I spent my morning cleaning mould off the blinds and the wooden furniture that has yet again gone mouldy. I did this instead of going out to Mahjong. Didn't feel like setting foot outside the door. Hasn't helped my bruised arms either.

Now I have to do all the housework that I was going to do....or ignore it and walk up to the special needs school in the sunshine to deliver some woolies stickers. Or gardening. Hmmmm....

DD came home yesterday with a possible broken finger- put the kybosh on her cello playing. Dangit- why can't she stay uninjured/healthy this year?
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 3:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I spent my morning cleaning mould off the blinds and the wooden furniture that has yet again gone mouldy. I did this instead of going out to Mahjong. Didn't feel like setting foot outside the door. Hasn't helped my bruised arms either.

Now I have to do all the housework that I was going to do....or ignore it and walk up to the special needs school in the sunshine to deliver some woolies stickers. Or gardening. Hmmmm....

DD came home yesterday with a possible broken finger- put the kybosh on her cello playing. Dangit- why can't she stay uninjured/healthy this year?
Once you're a bit off kilter health wise it all goes pearshaped. Get it all out of the way this year and then have a blinder of a year next. it's not too bad. Oh and go walk to the school, far better for you than cleaning.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 4:20 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, Kim that's awful. I witnessed a woman get hit by a car when we first moved to Adelaide. Unfortunately she didn't make it
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 4:23 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
May your journey here be a smooth one.
Thanks Caroline

Are you feeling any better?
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 4:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My day so far has been pretty good. I went for coffee with someone from a different department and in the course of our conversation it looks like I might score a secondment as a project manager out of it. Finally my control freak tendencies are useful for something other than pissing people off. I've also been offered assistance with placements for next year which will take a huge weight off my mind if I don't have to travel interstate for 8 weeks at a time.

I've got the most delicious salad for lunch of spinach, cucumber, blue cheese and home made croutons with fresh squeezed lemon juice (from my tree) and black pepper. Yum! Tonight after work I'm going out for dinner with my workmates.

And best of all I just opened my emails and I've been exempted from doing my 2 week community nursing prac in September based on my previous experience. All in all a pretty good Friday.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Once you're a bit off kilter health wise it all goes pearshaped. Get it all out of the way this year and then have a blinder of a year next. it's not too bad. Oh and go walk to the school, far better for you than cleaning.
I did walk to the school, and spent a nice 40 minutes sticking the stickers onto sheets. then I came home and did more cleaning.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Caroline

Are you feeling any better?
I'm ok - "fair to middling" as they say, but my arms still hurt from yesterday's botched blood tests.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.