Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:17 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
possibly hopefully bah weasel recruiter words but
Well it can't harm
Old Jul 10th 2013, 12:58 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
good luck
Thanks

I got this job through an agency, been really lucky with it too - nice people and I like the work and its only an 8 min drive from my home.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

EllBee has a spectacular aura aboutEllBee has a spectacular aura aboutEllBee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mike at Taree
Newcastle NSW 15 degrees, mid winter and bloody freezing here, might have to put on a fleece.

Newcastle Upon Tyne 15 degrees, mid summer. I bet they are stripping off over there
Haha, too true - It was 15C when I was walking to work at 7:30am this morning and it was lovely. No coat or cardigan in sight. It's gone up to 22C now and we've got all the windows open, the fan on, and everyone's moaning that it's too hot to do any work. (our office is a converted attic so it does get very hot very quickly)

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Got an interview this week for a permanent position at my company, feeling a bit nervous.
Good luck Cheetah 7! I hope it goes really well for you
Old Jul 10th 2013, 8:46 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Still here
Old Jul 10th 2013, 10:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Still here
Next time ride a scoot that doesn't have murderous tendencies
Old Jul 10th 2013, 10:26 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Still here
Old Jul 11th 2013, 12:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Bernie- hope you are recovering well.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Blinking binmen have YET AGAIN smashed a branch off my tree- a huge one this time that blocked the drive and took two of us to lift it. I phoned the council - they apparently have a new crew and what did they want me to do about it?

Well, for starters, remove the branch which is 10feet long, as thick as a man's leg and 6 feet in diameter at the twiggy end, then educate your drivers so they don't keep demolishing the trees. The old crew managed it, so why can't your new one?? Also, when they knock a third of your tree down so it falls across your drive and the street, making it dangerous for cars coming around the corner, get them to stop and move the things. You can't try and tell me that the driver never saw the branch, especially since he had to come back up the street as it is a no through road.

Well the best they can do is make a note of it, and someone might be along to clear the thing this week or next. Meanwhile the postie will struggle to avoid the branch. I told them I held them responsible for any damages or accidents to third parties.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Blinking binmen have YET AGAIN smashed a branch off my tree- a huge one this time that blocked the drive and took two of us to lift it. I phoned the council - they apparently have a new crew and what did they want me to do about it?

Well, for starters, remove the branch which is 10feet long, as thick as a man's leg and 6 feet in diameter at the twiggy end, then educate your drivers so they don't keep demolishing the trees. The old crew managed it, so why can't your new one?? Also, when they knock a third of your tree down so it falls across your drive and the street, making it dangerous for cars coming around the corner, get them to stop and move the things. You can't try and tell me that the driver never saw the branch, especially since he had to come back up the street as it is a no through road.

Well the best they can do is make a note of it, and someone might be along to clear the thing this week or next. Meanwhile the postie will struggle to avoid the branch. I told them I held them responsible for any damages or accidents to third parties.
That's really annoying Are they going to do anything?
Old Jul 11th 2013, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
That's really annoying Are they going to do anything?
Not a lot, other than try to get the branch picked up and pass a note onto the recycling company. Don't hold your breath.....
Old Jul 11th 2013, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to behold

If it's in the roadway ring the SES and see if they will come out.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 7:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike at Taree
If it's in the roadway ring the SES and see if they will come out.
Unless its blocking safe access to the property they can refuse to move it. If its just in the road and not storm clean up then it should be a council job. However many Groups will take an individual decision so its worth a go - mention that uou are disabled

(If you were in Queensland I could put a job in but NSW is a separate system!)
Old Jul 11th 2013, 8:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Along our road, someone would have been out with a chainsaw and a wheel barrow within minutes and you'd never see it again.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks guys and gals (oh, am I allowed to use that expression now without it sounding creepy??) but the man from the council did say that someone will collect it- they just couldn't say when.

My elderly neighbour and I managed to haul it out of the roadway and onto our nature strip, and I picked up the smaller bits that were in the road. The sap was really sticky, and I had to use an alcohol rub to get it off my hands.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

EllBee has a spectacular aura aboutEllBee has a spectacular aura aboutEllBee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by carolinephillips

That's ridiculous! They should have just hauled it up and thrown it in the back with the rubbish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.