Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Feb 17th 2013, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I have some bits to dismantle - the worst of which will be the young sparks bed :9

It looks really nice when it's all assembled but actually had nearly 100 pieces when I put it together

And although they are packing - trying to sort everything out and worrying if I've forgotten anything - roll on 2nd march And even better 6th April
It is the worst bit- we took ages sorting everything out, and went to numerous boot sales to get rid of stuff, gave a lot of things away to friends and relatives that we were not allowed to take, and gave other things to charity. We had 12 years of things that had built up since we last moved!! It can also be cathartic- you can get rid of things you have been given and hate. with the excuse that there's no room or you are not allowed to take it with you.

Make lists!!!
Old Feb 17th 2013, 6:49 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
It is the worst bit- we took ages sorting everything out, and went to numerous boot sales to get rid of stuff, gave a lot of things away to friends and relatives that we were not allowed to take, and gave other things to charity. We had 12 years of things that had built up since we last moved!! It can also be cathartic- you can get rid of things you have been given and hate. with the excuse that there's no room or you are not allowed to take it with you.

Make lists!!!
Thanks Caroline - will get there I'm sure
Old Feb 19th 2013, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Spent today cleaning and fixing toilets. Yuk!

I went to Bunnings to get a new seat for the loo in our ensuite as after 4 years it was really the worse for wear, even though clean, it never looked that way. Picked up a really nice soft close "easily fitted" "fits most toilets" one. Got it home, took off the old looseat, thoroughly cleaned the area, the wall, the back of the loo etc. Fitted the new one. One side perfect, the other, wobbly. Redid it 5 times. Realised that it didn't actually fit our loo as the porcelain was curved and you couldn't screw the rods in from the top. The wing nuts at the bottom kept catching on the bowl and so wouldn't tighten.

Anyway, the loo next to the main bathroom had a similar seat to the one I'd discarded, but much newer, so I took it off. The porcelain was straight, not curved, so I fitted the new posh seat to that loo, and again thoroughly cleaned the seat from in there and fitted it to our ensuite loo. Took nearly 2 hours all in.

I was not allowed to take the newly bought seat back since I'd opened the packaging. But how else are you allowed to check it fits, when the bolts etc are packed inside small cardboard boxes, and the wing nuts don't actually match the ones they had on display or in the diagrams??? Luckily it fitted the other loo!
Old Feb 19th 2013, 9:27 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

3 hour commute home due to some 'Police Incident' at Loganlea station.

Followed by some pizza and birthday cake for my daughter, the original reason I left work early ... Next time I'll give up on being a good parent and head for the Valley to find some hookers ...
Old Feb 19th 2013, 9:36 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
3 hour commute home due to some 'Police Incident' at Loganlea station.

Followed by some pizza and birthday cake for my daughter, the original reason I left work early ... Next time I'll give up on being a good parent and head for the Valley to find some hookers ...
Aw bless. Happy birthday to Mini DV
Old Feb 19th 2013, 11:33 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
Aw bless. Happy birthday to Mini DV
Ta, she got her ears peirced, which at 8 seems way too young for me but that's just showing me age I guess

Big party on Saturday, Scottish-theme (thanks to Brave movie), I have a kilt to wear

No pictures!
Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastically amazing, and its only 7.45

Anazing what a new manager can do...not sure the neighbours appreciated my repeated yelling of GOAL!!!!!! this early in the morning though!

Look away now ROMFT........

Spoiler:
And I love Bayern Munich
Old Feb 19th 2013, 9:00 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Fantastically amazing, and its only 7.45

Anazing what a new manager can do...not sure the neighbours appreciated my repeated yelling of GOAL!!!!!! this early in the morning though!

Look away now ROMFT........

Spoiler:
And I love Bayern Munich
seen it season ended on Sat losing to Blackburn

Couldn't even get Lions tickets so all in all a crap sporting week

Hopefully the rugby will go better at the weekend
Old Feb 19th 2013, 9:10 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
seen it season ended on Sat losing to Blackburn

Couldn't even get Lions tickets so all in all a crap sporting week

Hopefully the rugby will go better at the weekend
you poor thing (cue Muttley-type snigger!).

Arse result was kind of eclipsed by our little 6-1 victory at Huddersfield, Forest seem to like scoring large totals against Yorkshire sides
Old Feb 19th 2013, 9:12 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
you poor thing (cue Muttley-type snigger!).

Arse result was kind of eclipsed by our little 6-1 victory at Huddersfield, Forest seem to like scoring large totals against Yorkshire sides
meh, might have to turn to AFL at this rate
Old Feb 19th 2013, 9:35 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
meh, might have to turn to AFL at this rate
traitor
Old Feb 19th 2013, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OH has his citizenship test today ----- good luck my love!
Old Feb 19th 2013, 11:44 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
OH has his citizenship test today ----- good luck my love!
I'm sure he'll be fine I've had a look at the practice questions when it's been discussed before and they look straightforward. Any news on your test?

Our company bonus get's paid this week and I've just seen my payslip I'll have to say thank you for paying a big lump out of the removals cost for me
Old Feb 20th 2013, 12:01 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Well my good friend from Sydney told me today she has terminal cancer and a few weeks to live. My son didn't turn up and my parcel delivery was an hour late and as I'm profoundly deaf that meant an extra hour sitting staring at the door.
However on the plus side Its been a beautiful sunny day the crocuses and snowdrops are flowering and I got some wood carving done so it all balances out

Glad you have some money sparkles chuck some my way would you
Old Feb 20th 2013, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by asher
Glad you have some money sparkles chuck some my way would you
Are we going shopping?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.