Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Jan 5th 2013, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I've done the parachute jump, bungy jump and hot air balloon ride. LOVED the parachute jump and the hot air balloon ride and you get chance to enjoy them. The bungy jump was just an experience to tick off the list (we happened to be where they had the highest one in the world, so thought we may as well do it while we were there!). I wouldn't really describe it as fun in the same way.

Have also done a lot of scuba diving on the GBR which is definitely fun. And hang gliding. And white water rafting, and canyoning. Hey, I'll try anything once!
Blimey !!!!

The only thing left for you would be Swinging in that town in the Netherlands...

Or maybe a trip to the antartic on the ice breaker.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Great night for us... just back from the Football at AAMI park... 18.5K people there. A very social outing, lots of outgoing females in our group hence we seem to know one hell of a lot of people at the ground.

Cant wait for the finals.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 11:37 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Great night for us... just back from the Football at AAMI park... 18.5K people there. A very social outing, lots of outgoing females in our group hence we seem to know one hell of a lot of people at the ground.

Cant wait for the finals.
Sounds like a good atmosphere

Outgoing females? The OH is out (asleep) on the couch right now
Old Jan 5th 2013, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Sounds like a good atmosphere

Outgoing females? The OH is out (asleep) on the couch right now
LOL.... Had to leave our younger ones aged 40ish down at 9T4 Swan St in Richmond annoying the disco heads that are supposed to take over at this time of day... a real clash of cultures....MV fans in celebration mode v the local trend setters.....I think the MV fans are a tad louder.

Must take some photos next time around.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 11:58 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
LOL.... Had to leave our younger ones aged 40ish down at 9T4 Swan St in Richmond annoying the disco heads that are supposed to take over at this time of day... a real clash of cultures....MV fans in celebration mode v the local trend setters.....I think the MV fans are a tad louder.

Must take some photos next time around.
I can imagine the scenes, I'll put money on the MV fans to win the battle

I will content myself with watching James Bond with a drink or three (again) and preparing myself for sporting exploits tomorrow.

It would be nice to play cricket with 10 like-minded others but that doesn't seem to happen much this season, must get myself more female friends and therefore potential players
Old Jan 5th 2013, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I can imagine the scenes, I'll put money on the MV fans to win the battle

I will content myself with watching James Bond with a drink or three (again) and preparing myself for sporting exploits tomorrow.

It would be nice to play cricket with 10 like-minded others but that doesn't seem to happen much this season, must get myself more female friends and therefore potential players
We've got some good ones... hopefully we'll get up to Brisbane enmasse one day... I'll definitely invite you along if that happens
Old Jan 5th 2013, 12:21 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Sh!te - got called into work for O/T this morning so left the young spark at home with instructions to stay tidy cos of viewing. O/T cancelled after a couple of hours (still get paid for 4 so not too bad) and get home to find we didn't have another viewing. They were late and agent decided not to wait or come back later and told young spark not to let them in if they turned up so when they did about 40mins late, and he didn't let them in.

So not sure what to do - waiting for agent to call me back. If they weren't getting viewings, I would switch or maybe reduce the price or something, but they are booking lots of viewings that are no shows, cancelled later etc. Very frustrating
Old Jan 5th 2013, 12:43 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Sh!te - got called into work for O/T this morning so left the young spark at home with instructions to stay tidy cos of viewing. O/T cancelled after a couple of hours (still get paid for 4 so not too bad) and get home to find we didn't have another viewing. They were late and agent decided not to wait or come back later and told young spark not to let them in if they turned up so when they did about 40mins late, and he didn't let them in.

So not sure what to do - waiting for agent to call me back. If they weren't getting viewings, I would switch or maybe reduce the price or something, but they are booking lots of viewings that are no shows, cancelled later etc. Very frustrating
It was the MUSHROOMS i tell thee,the MUSHROOMS!!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2013, 12:46 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
It was the MUSHROOMS i tell thee,the MUSHROOMS!!!!!
what

= thanks for the smile BB
Old Jan 5th 2013, 12:55 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

The Mushroom !!!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2013, 1:08 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

The Mushroom !!!!!!
Noooo - vote mushrooms for next mod/concierge

Not of course that I wish to imply that our revered mods/concierges are like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed nothing but sh*t On second thoughts......
Old Jan 5th 2013, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

The Mushroom !!!!!!
BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER MUSHROOM MUSHROOM
Old Jan 5th 2013, 2:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Noooo - vote mushrooms for next mod/concierge

Not of course that I wish to imply that our revered mods/concierges are like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed nothing but sh*t On second thoughts......
I looove Mushrooms !!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2013, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I looove Mushrooms !!!!!
I love mushrooms too just can't figure out what he had to do with my lack of viewings

But it did make me smile
Old Jan 5th 2013, 3:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I love mushrooms too just can't figure out what he had to do with my lack of viewings

But it did make me smile
I think the poor lad is wandering between threads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.