Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How to get a fracture clinic appt - any advice from medical peeps?

How to get a fracture clinic appt - any advice from medical peeps?

Old Jan 27th 2012, 2:22 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get a fracture clinic appt - any advice from medical peeps?

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I'm debating that.

But I thought I'd turn up to a linked hospital, complaining of pain and purple toes... They will refer me to Nepean.
I'm waiting for the liaison chick to call me back now after she's 'confirming' my report of what's happened. It's all very cliquey and backed up to the hilt.
Thats a good idea about complaining about the pain. I hope that woman doesnt keep you waiting days to back up what you have told her.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 2:53 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Thats a good idea about complaining about the pain. I hope that woman doesnt keep you waiting days to back up what you have told her.
Well she hasn't called me back yet....
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:00 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Well she hasn't called me back yet....
I would call her back before close of business and tell her you are taking it further.

Honestly I can see her waiting till next week and time is ticking in terms of your leg.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:17 am

Today all my friends have called so I'm going to call her back when this one is off the phone...
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:19 am

Today all my friends have called so I'm going to call her back when this one is off the phone...
Start sobbing down the phone and tell her your leg has fallen off, tell her it has gone black and is black a normal colour for a leg in plaster?

Tell her that you walked near a magnet and the screws in your leg threw you to the magnet and you are now upside down with your furry letterbox on display and could she please help you pronto!

Last edited by Cheetah7; Jan 27th 2012 at 3:21 am.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Start sobbing down the phone and tell her your leg has fallen off, tell her it has gone black and is black a normal colour for a leg in plaster?

Tell her that you walked near a magnet and the screws in your leg threw you to the magnet and you are now upside down with your furry letterbox on display and could she please help you pronto!
.... in the rain....

Bloody answerphone AGAIN.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:39 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

.... in the rain....

Bloody answerphone AGAIN.

Make sure that you document all of the attempts that you have made here.

14:22 27/01/12 - Attempted to call. Telephone engaged
15:37 27/01/12 - Called again - no reply - went to answerphone - message left

Etc.

It's great to have this stuff to wave in their faces if and when it comes to complaints time.

S

Last edited by Swerv-o; Jan 27th 2012 at 3:41 am.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Make sure that you document all of the attempts that you have made here.

14:22 27/01/12 - Attempted to call. Telephone engaged
15:37 27/01/12 - Called again - no reply - went to answerphone - message left

Etc.

It's great to have this stuff to wave in their faces if and when it comes to complaints time.

S
Thanks. It's all documented.

I have also looked at my rights under health services and it says ...

i) Be informed of any costs of services
and choose to be treated as a public
or private patient

I will be quoting that when I call her back again.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:56 am
Account Closed

hater is an unknown quantity at this point

First a big portion of good luck to you...
I can totally feel what youre going thru, had the same problem earlier this month... But I'm totally private insured so I had the option to go the private route (which in my case turned out to be cheaper... )...

Technically I would give my GP another call/visit and try to let him sort it out, normally a good GP can do more than the patient itself...

Beside that get a quote what the private care would cost you in total... It may be more affordable than you think...And even if you don't go there it is a good "point" in discussion..i.e "So you refuse to thread me. So I have to go totally private which will cost XY $...I will directly sent you the bill..Do you want that?"
Old Jan 27th 2012, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by hater
First a big portion of good luck to you...
I can totally feel what youre going thru, had the same problem earlier this month... But I'm totally private insured so I had the option to go the private route (which in my case turned out to be cheaper... )...

Technically I would give my GP another call/visit and try to let him sort it out, normally a good GP can do more than the patient itself...

Beside that get a quote what the private care would cost you in total... It may be more affordable than you think...And even if you don't go there it is a good "point" in discussion..i.e "So you refuse to thread me. So I have to go totally private which will cost XY $...I will directly sent you the bill..Do you want that?"
Thanks... but I've already checked the private costs....

To have the two screws removed privately, I have to pay mega bucks, as I need to pay anesthesia too.... It's totally ridiculous.

Hope you are all fixed up now.

No-one can 'force' anyone to go private. What's the point of public health care if that's the case?

It's 1605 and this woman hasn't called me back.
That's three calls to her today.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 4:09 am
Account Closed

Yeah, sorry, forgot the screw...Operations are freaking expensive...
(But if everything wents wrong write me a PM... I can recommend you to a few excellent -european- ortho-surgeons in Thailand... Who charge you about 30% of what you pay here...Just in case)..

What does your GP say to the hole situation?
Old Jan 27th 2012, 4:21 am

Yeah, sorry, forgot the screw...Operations are freaking expensive...
(But if everything wents wrong write me a PM... I can recommend you to a few excellent -european- ortho-surgeons in Thailand... Who charge you about 30% of what you pay here...Just in case)..

What does your GP say to the hole situation?
My GP is horrified. He's written a referral and he's rung them, but they still say that because I did this 'out of area', they won't take me unless Port Macquarie ortho speak to their ortho... which they have done.

I swear this whole thing I have fulfilled every condition they've asked for. They've made everyone jump through hoops and I'm still no further on.

Going to a local hospital, complaining of pain and purple toes is probably the best way forward.
I'm kinda tired of complaining. Last night I lay awake for three hours because this whole thing is stressing me out so much.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 4:25 am
Account Closed

Go for the press... Go for the MP...and gather a few friends to have a small demonstration before the ED.. (yes, I mean that seriouly.... THAT is a 100% secure way to get the attention of the press...and the hospital... Occupy hospital.. I would come..but NSW is a bit far away..)
Old Jan 27th 2012, 4:37 am

Go for the press... Go for the MP...and gather a few friends to have a small demonstration before the ED.. (yes, I mean that seriouly.... THAT is a 100% secure way to get the attention of the press...and the hospital... Occupy hospital.. I would come..but NSW is a bit far away..)
I suspect that's how it's going to turn out....

I might ring the hospital myself, page the ortho surgeon and ask if he'll accept me. I might just bypass all these clerical people. They're driving me insane.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 4:38 am
Account Closed

Thats a good idea! Go for it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.