Homesickness

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:46 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesickness

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Or maybe it's just a moment of feeling shitty and needing to put a label on it because no one can just be down can they
I have a cold, and feel shitty.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone

I feel shitty too.

We can all feel shitty together
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
I'm ok now but yesterday I was shitty as well.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:53 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac
I'm ok now but yesterday I was shitty as well.
I will share my cold if you want, then you can join Wendy and I ...a three-some

.....thats this thread knackered.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:29 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Or maybe it's just a moment of feeling shitty and needing to put a label on it because no one can just be down can they
JustMadeAnExpensiveRashMistakeAndRealiseIDidn'tNee dToMoveAtAllAndItWasAnIssueWithMeAndNotTheLocation sickness?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:34 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I went to college in the U, S of A, when I was 20 and I suffered pretty bad homesickness. Which was odd, because I'd spent the previous year drifting around Europe, so it wasn't like I was un-used to being 'away from home'. It being pre-WWW days, I got through it by reading The Times in the college library every morning and watching UK documentaries on PBS. Landed on UK soil after my degree, enjoyed the novelty factor for a short while, and then wanted to get on the next plane back to the states.

This time round I haven't suffered from it once. The missus got pissed off that very old mates hadn't been in touch with her, but I pointed out that she was the one that had emigrated, not them, and that if she wanted to stay in contact with them then she had to resign herself to the fact that she'd be doing all the legwork. Other than that she (who'd only ever got as far as France, just the once, on a family holiday) has settled brilliantly. My son had one single wobble when a photo of his old class football team was sent to him by one of his kindy schoolmates in the UK, but he was over it in half an hour and when asked now if he'd like to go back, looks at you like you've asked him if he'd enjoy a dogshit sandwich for supper.

Doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things - I don't think anyone is predestined to suffer homesickness. I also don't think there's a specific 'type' of person who suffers from it. All I would say, as someone who suffered from it in the past, is that if you don't suffer from it ... count your blessings ...
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:40 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
We nearly went back after 6 months, daughter couldn't settle, she was 13 at the time, now she's flying...
i had to laugh at this mate.
i remember an old post of yours that i bring up at every meet

just passed on advice from you to someone last week and it worked.

i still think its the best advice i have heard. im sure u will remember it, because its the only normal thread you did
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:49 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

we moved the kids from govanhill to eastkilbride, youngest hated us for taking her away from all her friends.

moved the kids from EK to sydney, youngest hated us for taking her away from all her friends.

moved the kids from sydney to the gold coast, youngest hated us for taking her away from all her friends. she promised us that when she turned 18 she would be moving back to sydney!

she turned 18 this year and went to sydney to have a party with her pals. on return she said she was glad to be home
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:57 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
i had to laugh at this mate.
i remember an old post of yours that i bring up at every meet

just passed on advice from you to someone last week and it worked.

i still think its the best advice i have heard. im sure u will remember it, because its the only normal thread you did
Intriguing. Got a link?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
... All I would say, as someone who suffered from it in the past, is that if you don't suffer from it ... count your blessings ...
good post
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:14 am
Master of verbal pish©

Intriguing. Got a link?
gimme some time and ill try to find it
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:41 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Ive never had it
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi we only been here 4 months. I know there has been days when I feel real sad and just want desperately to see family and friends. Luke, my 20 year old son went back to Scotland in June and I miss him so much. I must say I did expect to be 'homesick' before we came, but most days I'm fine. I guess it effects everybody differently.

Donna
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:06 am
Master of verbal pish©

Intriguing. Got a link?
cant find it mate, he most have posted it on someone elses thread
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:09 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

I get "familiarity sickness" every now and then - never overwhelming, never enough to make me want to go back to the UK. I guess I feel a bit sad when I realise that we will never have the same history with all the new people we meet as we did with our old friends ie weddings, birth of kids, that sort of stuff. It is however balanced with the knowledge that my murky past will never be known

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.