Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Have you been jabbed?

Have you been jabbed?

Old Aug 8th 2021, 3:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you been jabbed?

Every state and territory is in the +40% for +16 year olds for first dose, except QLD and WA. This is no surprise and will hold the rest of us back. Man up Scomo.
Old Aug 8th 2021, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
An mRNA vaccine is not gene therapy, and I suspect you know this.
And yet my 5G reception has improved immeasurably since I had the jabs, and I don't even have a 5G phone...!

Old Aug 8th 2021, 4:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
sarcasm?
Either that or he has finally succumbed to the pressure of his environment and now thinks like the local bogans
Old Aug 8th 2021, 5:03 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim

I may well have made my last overseas trip
If there's enough people who think like you to make up 20% of the population, according to Scotty from Marketing's 'plan' the WHOLE BLOODY LOT OF US may well have made our last overseas trip.

Sorry for yelling, but Christ up a gum tree.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Aug 8th 2021 at 5:06 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2021, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If there's enough people who think like you to make up 20% of the population, according to Scotty from Marketing's 'plan' the WHOLE BLOODY LOT OF US may well have made our last overseas trip.

But don't forget, vaccines are a "Me me me choice". Screw the rest.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 12:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
sarcasm?
Originally Posted by Pollyana
Either that or he has finally succumbed to the pressure of his environment and now thinks like the local bogans
Or maybe, just maybe, he likes the place he's chosen to live?

Anyway I am getting very tired of people not getting vaccinated because 'me'. I stupidly and very naively hoped, when COVID started and we saw clear skies in Japan, clear waters in Venice, UK citizens supporting the NHS etc etc etc that humans would be pressing the rewind button, realise the world is more important than 'me' and behaviour would change for the better. It didn't take long to slap myself for my stupidity.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Or maybe, just maybe, he likes the place he's chosen to live?

Anyway I am getting very tired of people not getting vaccinated because 'me'. I stupidly and very naively hoped, when COVID started and we saw clear skies in Japan, clear waters in Venice, UK citizens supporting the NHS etc etc etc that humans would be pressing the rewind button, realise the world is more important than 'me' and behaviour would change for the better. It didn't take long to slap myself for my stupidity.
I honestly didn't have the appetite to comment on the rest of the post, just the Queensland bit. It wasn't clear if the rest of the post was sarcasm. My mind boggles at why you wouldn't be vaccinated already or at least have your first dose, unless of course you have a health reason or you just can't get it where you live. Sydney still hasn't had a single case that is double jabbed in ICU. I mean seriously, if it was for the me me me, surely you would want to avoid a ventilator down your throat. And that means a long long stay in hospital at the expense of the taxpayer and for the me me me, the rest of your life is just compromised. I just don't get it.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 1:31 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like getting angry at people who are afraid of the covid vaccines (although sometimes I do), I don't understand why they feel the way they do but I'm sure the fear is real to them. Most of the time I'm just disappointed that obviously bright and nice people have read all the science and all the benefits of vaccination but have still arrived at the 'no' decision.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry. ScoMo *is* from Marketing, so the numbers needed for border re-opening will eventually be recast, re-estimated, re-spun -- or simply fudged.

And he'll huff and he'll puff, and he'll put on his best pseudo-belligerent "how dare you?" voice when challenged upon it.

And then he'll have to deal with whatever the major-state premiers decide to do instead.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by abner
Don't worry. ScoMo *is* from Marketing, so the numbers needed for border re-opening will eventually be recast, re-estimated, re-spun -- or simply fudged.

And he'll huff and he'll puff, and he'll put on his best pseudo-belligerent "how dare you?" voice when challenged upon it.

And then he'll have to deal with whatever the major-state premiers decide to do instead.
I expect the phases to change as we move along. I would be seriously concerned if they weren't adaptable.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 8:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Specially as this week is a time when I should be jumping on a plane to help out someone who is as good as family to me, but I'm fekking well stuck here.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Retirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Specially as this week is a time when I should be jumping on a plane to help out someone who is as good as family to me, but I'm fekking well stuck here.
Do you ever stop whingeing?
Old Aug 9th 2021, 1:45 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

and the alternative is?

Australia-hating Red Anthony (UK-hating Jezza Corbyn is my best mate) Albanese!

lol!
Old Aug 9th 2021, 2:33 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Last overseas trip, last gig, last cricket match watched live, last travel outside of QLD … it’s all been resigned to mentally here.

If my work demands a vaccine passport for in office work then **** that too.

I am not signing up to this experimental gene therapy.

I am willing to die on this hill, it’s important.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 10:47 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

If Scomo broke into my house and murdered my family with an axe, I probably still wouldn't vote for Albanese
Originally Posted by Amazulu
and the alternative is?
Australia-hating Red Anthony (UK-hating Jezza Corbyn is my best mate) Albanese!
lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.