Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Got my first speeding ticket!!! (moaning thread)

Got my first speeding ticket!!! (moaning thread)

Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of
Default Re: Got my first speeding ticket!!! (moaning thread)

Originally Posted by cresta57
Are you originally from Yorkshire?
What makes you ask, and before I answer, where are you from ?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:49 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auspal
What makes you ask, and before I answer, where are you from ?
Just curiousMy Dad was born in Horbury just outside of Wakefield
Old Jul 5th 2007, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Just curiousMy Dad was born in Horbury just outside of Wakefield
Do I remind you of him?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 2:10 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Do I remind you of him?
Maybe a little
though he taught me that you can always tell a Yorkshire girl..
usually until your blue in the face
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:14 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe a little
though he taught me that you can always tell a Yorkshire girl..
usually until your blue in the face
Boom boom...

(born in Guisborough!)
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by meelie
Um yes but the speed drops from 90 to 70 on the freeway and you cannot be expected to hit 70 immediately from a speed of 90km
Cars hitting you in the boot is there problem not yours. Maybe pulling over and let the car overtake you may have been a better option.

Since you say you were driving to work which I assume you have driven a few times. Therefore, you should know the road and therefore where the speed changes are. So you SHOULD have slowed down.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrWho
Boom boom...

(born in Guisborough!)
I agree with him, no worries
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by DrWho
Boom boom...

(born in Guisborough!)
Paternal Grandparents: Grandfather born in Guisborough, Grandmother born Redcar. Father born Horbury [Wakefield]

I'm a Lincolnshire yellowbelly, same as my Mother

Anyway back on topic:
We've adapted to driving here now, living in a rural area we kind of just take it easy. We're probably the Sunday drivers that drive others crackers.
We drive into Gympie almost every day for work, the journey takes about 15 mins. Now during that drive there is only one overtaking lane, the rest of the highway is twisting & turning, for the most, it's solid white lines down the middle. Almost daily we have some lunatic overtake us in a line of traffic, total disregard for the solid lines or any oncoming traffic. They gain about 5 or 6 cars having scared the oncoming drivers witless before forcing their way into a non existent space. The potential danger lost on them in their rush to get ahead. The irony is time after time we pull up two or three cars behind them at the first set of lights. I can't help thinking why risk everything to get there 10 seconds earlier?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Or not at all.

Most of our fatals here on the Gold Coast are out on the country roads, we seem to have had a motor bike fatality almost every week lately. Drivers do get frustrated if they feel someone is holding them up, and they take the most ridiculous risks to themselves and others, to gain no time as you say.

( Its not just the Yorkshire women you know "You can tell a Yorkshireman - but you cant tell him much". I know lots of people from Redcar)
Old Jul 6th 2007, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rabsody
jeez, like a dog with a bone ....

i'm sure there is more than one traffic cop with a first or last name of stewie, stuart, stewart, whatever, out of the many hundreds in queensland. someone would have to be pretty sad to follow what is essentially hearsay up
You seem to be sure of a lot of things that are wrong

I couldnt help myself, this bone has got so much meat on it looking at the number of posts

And then I get called a parrot, " blah, blah, blah" for not reading them all

I think I will give up on it like a lot of others have done, the bone is starting to smell a bit.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:53 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
jeez, like a dog with a bone ....

i'm sure there is more than one traffic cop with a first or last name of stewie, stuart, stewart, whatever, out of the many hundreds in queensland. someone would have to be pretty sad to follow what is essentially hearsay up
Took the words right out of my mouth!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:54 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to be sure of a lot of things that are wrong

I couldnt help myself, this bone has got so much meat on it looking at the number of posts

And then I get called a parrot, " blah, blah, blah" for not reading them all

I think I will give up on it like a lot of others have done, the bone is starting to smell a bit.
Actually I said parrot fashion because you were just repeating what others had said. Cos you know parrots repeat things.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:12 am

gedge has disabled reputation

and they all lived happily ever after
the end
Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:18 am
Nicest member ( I think)

Originally Posted by gedge
and they all lived happily ever after
the end
And headed off into the sunset at a safe and sensible speed
Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:24 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by meelie
And headed off into the sunset at a safe and sensible speed
did i not lock this thread?
dementia setting in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.