Gillard in the US

Old Mar 12th 2011, 12:03 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gillard in the US

Originally Posted by Wol
There's pictures of Ms Gillard drinking beer from a bottle in the US - pure class. The Americans must wonder..................
I thought she spent most of her time sucking on something else.

Monica Lewinsky must be jealous.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 12:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I thought she spent most of her time sucking on something else.

Monica Lewinsky must be jealous.
Why was Bill there? Or is she now 'in a relationship with' Obama? I am soooooo confused.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 12:52 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Why was Bill there? Or is she now 'in a relationship with' Obama? I am soooooo confused.
She's a bit out of her comfort zone to be fair ... I'd wager she is more used to munching on some rug.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 1:08 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
She's a bit out of her comfort zone to be fair ... I'd wager she is more used to munching on some rug.
so you think the lady prefers fish to meat now?
Old Mar 12th 2011, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

DibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Adelaide accent, lots talk like her over there. Imagine if the UK had a Brum or Bristol Primeminster with their typical accents. No embarrassment here either.

Although I'll admit, I dont like her.
No they dont! Not heard anyone speak like that here in Adelaide im Welsh and live in Adelaide will i end up speaking like her too lol
Old Mar 12th 2011, 1:29 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Australia only avoided the contagion in the banks as the country was heavily protectionist with massively restrictive rules and taxes on derivative trading - no reason for a moral high ground - just forced all their trading desks to set up in Singapore pushing out a whole industry. Avoiding the banking collapse was fortuitous - certainly wasn't insight.
well it's good because i wouldnt want australia to become a mere parking lot of money. i admire the australian prudential standards in banking. they can have all the swaps and options and whatnot in singapore or HK or NY or london and brag about being major financial centres - i couldn't care less!

that's also the reason why i like germany's economic model more than britain's. making/selling things rather than creating paper profits.

some people in financial firms think they're smart but they're just lazy desktop mouse clickers and sweet talkers.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 2:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DibDob
No they dont! Not heard anyone speak like that here in Adelaide im Welsh and live in Adelaide will i end up speaking like her too lol
Check out this discussion from another board... and most importantly have a listen.... It's definitely Adelaide.

Of all the capital cities, I have found people from Adelaide/SA have the most obvious accent out of all the capital cities.

I just heard Jarrod Crouch interviewed on the radio and words like field and hill were prounounced fiewwd and hiwwl. Listen to Greg Blewett on the Foxtel cricket commentary and he's exactly the same. Went to Adelaide last year and just about everyone had this feature in their accent. L's are replaced by W's in many words. Then there's the charnce, darnce and scoool pronunciations which are probably not soley confined to Adelaide.

The ABC were doing an interview with a uni lecturer the other day and the Adelaide accent stood out like a beacon. I waited to the end of the interview to hear the back announce and surely enough, the person was from Adelaide.
Have a listen to this woman being interviewed on a Brisbane radio station to get the full feel of the Adelaide accent.

http://www.4bc.com.au/displayPopUpPl...s/grayhair.mp3

Then of course there's the Alexander Downer, Christopher Pine private school boy Adelaide accent which is probably one of the oddest accents I've ever heard.

Freind of ours moved over there about 15 years ago... she is definitely beginning to sound like this.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 9:02 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

My best mate and his family only stuck it out there for 9 months. So glad we didn't choose Adelaide

Last edited by paulry; Mar 12th 2011 at 9:05 am.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
We can only hope...
Old Mar 12th 2011, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
My best mate and his family only stuck it out there for 9 months. So glad we didn't choose Adelaide
Canberra's worse...
Old Mar 12th 2011, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

She's pathetic and an embarrassment. I thought I hated Bono more than anyone but now that I hear that pathetic rip off of him I hate her more now.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 5:44 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Canberra's worse...

Canberra's easier to eascape from