Gillard in the US

Old Mar 9th 2011, 8:24 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gillard in the US

Has anyone else heard Julia Gillard's speech in the US? I'm so ashamed to be a temporary resident amid her electorate. She sounded so redneck, almost mentally challenged.

'You have a friend in Orstraaaaaylia. And moites ploy strooooight....' - why do Aussie politicians briefly enjoying a foray on the world stage feel the need to use such crass simplistic language?

I'm led to believe vulgarity doesn't characterise the whole of the country so is that really the most appropriate speech she could have made?!!

Additionally, I think it's just incredible that she urged the states to continue with financial reform to stimulate their economy. Australia only avoided the contagion in the banks as the country was heavily protectionist with massively restrictive rules and taxes on derivative trading - no reason for a moral high ground - just forced all their trading desks to set up in Singapore pushing out a whole industry. Avoiding the banking collapse was fortuitous - certainly wasn't insight.

Last edited by Turban Explorer; Mar 9th 2011 at 8:27 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:04 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gillard in the US

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Has anyone else heard Julia Gillard's speech in the US? I'm so ashamed to be a temporary resident amid her electorate. She sounded so redneck, almost mentally challenged.

'You have a friend in Orstraaaaaylia. And moites ploy strooooight....' - why do Aussie politicians briefly enjoying a foray on the world stage feel the need to use such crass simplistic language?

I'm led to believe vulgarity doesn't characterise the whole of the country so is that really the most appropriate speech she could have made?!!

Additionally, I think it's just incredible that she urged the states to continue with financial reform to stimulate their economy. Australia only avoided the contagion in the banks as the country was heavily protectionist with massively restrictive rules and taxes on derivative trading - no reason for a moral high ground - just forced all their trading desks to set up in Singapore pushing out a whole industry. Avoiding the banking collapse was fortuitous - certainly wasn't insight.
I can't stand how she shed a tear again. I think she's a total fake. I also think she sounds more bogan than the average bogan. EEEEW. Where's Mr Rudd, the Prime Minister I voted for? Last I saw he was cleaning up after the floods. (Soapbox being put away for today now.)
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

"don't be intimidated by China" WTF! That's a bit rich coming from the PM of Australia.

She's an effin idiot.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

The whole point of the trip was to go over their and kiss US arse. Thats exactly what she did and they lapped it up. Yanks love that shit. So in that sense it was mission accomplished.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
"don't be intimidated by China" WTF!

She's an effin idiot.
yeah I heard that bit, got the feeling they were sniggering at her, especially when she was giving them advice on how to run their economy.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:07 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

She is a fkwit,she will take oz into Libya behind the brits,dumb fks
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't even bear to watch it all, so nauseatingly embarrassing......
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:37 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer

Yep, she's a tool

If Australia avoided recession because we don't have a derivative trading industry then that's great. These morons, so loved in London and New York, have caused untold misery for so many people

You're welcome to them
Old Mar 9th 2011, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Totally cringeworthy, an utter embarrassment really.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 11:57 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Fortunately they'll all think she's a cockney and is the PM of England.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

GoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rambi
Fortunately they'll all think she's a cockney and is the PM of England.
I wasn't embarrassed. The speech did the job it was meant to, just as John Howard spoke, if their aussie accents grate on you and you live in Oz, tough, you better get used to it.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 5:12 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Since most of the US representatives will go home after their standing ovations pleased that the country attached to Bavaria is on their side I wouldn't get too excited about Australia's ties with the US
Old Mar 10th 2011, 5:15 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol
Since most of the US representatives will go home after their standing ovations pleased that the country attached to Bavaria is on their side I wouldn't get too excited about Australia's ties with the US
Never a truer word spoken, if ya gonna kiss arse, make sure it's an arse worth kissing
Old Mar 10th 2011, 5:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

But you're seeing and hearing her from your perspective. To the Yanks, she sounds like she sounds, they don't know that she apparently sounds like a bogan (if they even know what a bogan is). They listen to sanctimonious drivel all the time, they can't tell the difference between real and make believe. I used to shudder when Blair did an international suck up, however, the pollies and residents of those countries used to accept it and think he was something special. They will probably do the same with her. She's no better or worse than 99% of the worlds politicians.

Have to say, her voice doesn't worry me but maybe I just switch off and don't listen.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Gillard has been plagiarising U2's Bono in her speech...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.