Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Gillard announced Sept 14 election.

Gillard announced Sept 14 election.

Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Gillard announced Sept 14 election.

Oh good a vote with no consequences to me. Now who would I least like to have as my PM.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:10 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

How do you go about deciding how to vote for either a rock or a hard place?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell, so long!!! If Abbott wins I might think of returning!
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:58 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

So, parts of Australia are under water... Brisbane's not sure about whether it can supply it's residents with water... People have been living by candlelight for days... and now is a good time for the Prime Minister to call an election... 8 MONTHS EARLY!!

What the...?

Last edited by brissybee; Jan 30th 2013 at 7:00 am.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:07 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you are asking for someone to explain the vagueries of Australian politics
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:17 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is a clever plan by the Labor strategists.

This means Abbott will start the campaigning immediately and force he and many of his other front benchers into the forefront of the media and people. Abbott, as is well known is very good at putting his foot in his mouth. Labor have basically given him more than enough time to do this on multiple occasions. He has enough rope to hang himself in Labor eyes. Also it means his potential cabinet team will be forced into full view and I think Labor believe that the likes of Pyne and Bishop will be seen unfavourably by the general public.

Meanwhile the government get on with governing. I assume the Labor plan is that the public will be sick to death of listening to Abbott and co.

It is also a perfect opportunity to call bullsh!t on uncosted promises by the opposition, as were made prior to the last election. The opposition cannot hide from promises this time as they will be found out.

Basically, it forces a proper policy, fully costed based election. If the opposition win this then they will deserve it. But I think the strategists have got this one spot on and the people will tire of Abbott & co by election date
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:21 am
Banned

I just find it hard to believe anyone would vote for that women again BUT look at the alternative.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:42 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I just find it hard to believe anyone would vote for that women again BUT look at the alternative.
agreed. I am no Gillard fan however the alternative is very scary. Better the devil you know in these circumstances.

Abbott is our very own George W Bush and while the world laughed at the yanks and how they could possibly vote the guy in, let alone twice, we are on the verge of achieving the same
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
agreed. I am no Gillard fan however the alternative is very scary. Better the devil you know in these circumstances.

Abbott is our very own George W Bush and while the world laughed at the yanks and how they could possibly vote the guy in, let alone twice, we are on the verge of achieving the same
If only Turnbull was running. Seems like a pretty decent politician to me.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:22 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Think I will avoid tv for 8 months. This will be torture.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:24 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

I reckon he would be a great leader. His loss to Abbott shows his political inexperience.
Originally Posted by papilon
If only Turnbull was running. Seems like a pretty decent politician to me.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

How do the ALP take the moral high ground on costing and budgets when it has been proven that they have never met any of there targets ever. Cheeky buggers.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Not to mention that the election is now going to be before the final budget analysis is revealed...

S
If Abbott becomes the next pM, this will be a good thing as Hockey will be the treasurer. I hate to imagine just how badly he'd mess up in a budget. Total moron.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:22 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Wonder if I'll be a citizen by then???
what if your citizenship ceremony is Sept 13?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:27 pm
CHC-MEL commute since 91

derab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud of

Well, Assange has indicated that he will run for Senate, I might stop hiding from the AEC and register. the down side of that is that I would have to vote outside the "preferred voting" system which will mean numbering about a hundred boxes, in sequence without skipping any numbers or boxes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.