Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Don't these people get bored? I know I am.

Don't these people get bored? I know I am.

Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:22 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't these people get bored? I know I am.

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
- you said you wouldn't tell
You opened yourself up for it. Not for the first time I'd wager
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:22 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
I see one culprit has revealed themselves.........
we'll be getting disgusting horticulture innuendos next!
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:25 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

You opened yourself up for it. Not for the first time I'd wager
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:26 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
we'll be getting disgusting horticulture innuendos next!
I'm cabbaged now, can't be bothered

...p.s - you can't keep up the dogooder act for long BS
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I'm cabbaged now, can't be bothered

...p.s - you can't keep up the dogooder act for long BS
I don't think he can keep it up for long either.....
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:30 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, it's like a Nazi saluting with me. You even mention the word "lesbians" and it's giving off the salute
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:30 am

You're probly right
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:31 am

Nah, it's like a Nazi saluting with me. You even mention the word "lesbians" and it's giving off the salute
That's because you are a lesbian BS
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can I get in touch with the supper mod, I'm a bit peckish....
Depends what you want to eat - I do a nice line in cheese and pickled onions

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 10th 2009 at 7:15 am.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Depends what you want to eat - I do a nice line in cheese and pickled onions
oh my

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 10th 2009 at 7:14 am. Reason: correcting quote - please don't change quotes.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

So, for the people who have been posting on this thread (basically "outing" yourselves) what is your response to the suggestion that you have ruined quite a few threads that I (and others) have been enjoying with this constant type of posting?

As its hard to get a "tone" in the typed word let me explain that its not an arsey question. I am genuinely interested in the replies and they will help me to decide what I should/could be doing about it in the future.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by RenShen
So, for the people who have been posting on this thread (basically "outing" yourselves) what is your response to the suggestion that you have ruined quite a few threads that I (and others) have been enjoying with this constant type of posting?

As its hard to get a "tone" in the typed word let me explain that its not an arsey question. I am genuinely interested in the replies and they will help me to decide what I should/could be doing about it in the future.
Speaking personally and I hope candidly, I quite often find nothing on here to engage me so resort to childish humour to amuse myself. I have never been pulled up about it and many posters seem to enjoy a similarly low level of intellectual stimuli. I would love to say I will pull my socks up but it seems unlikely due to posting under the influence of both wine and positive encouragement from like-minded juveniles.
Don't think I don't see your point though...
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:35 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RenShen

If you think posts are out of place in a serious thread, and the thread does not get back on track fairly quickly, then feel free to report it. Posts are often moved to separate threads if they detract from a serious topic.
However the very nature of an internet forum is such that threads often wander for a while before returning to the original subject - that happens frequently on here.
Similarly, as I've said before, if you feel the subject matter isn't suitable for the forum its in, report it, and it may well be moved to TIO.

Any reports are seen by all "Supper"Mods and all Mods for that forum, so it only needs one of them to agree with you for things to be moved.

As for this thread though, to be honest, it was a red rag to a bull, and it was inevitable how it would end up.

========================

I would also like to refer certain posters - some of whom are on this thread - to this post , which is part of a sticky thread at the top of the Barbie.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 10th 2009 at 7:38 am.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:43 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
========================

I would also like to refer certain posters - some of whom are on this thread - to this post , which is part of a sticky thread at the top of the Barbie.
Just out of interest Pol, what if the person whose quote you are changing is not offended by this change and does not report it. Let's say, someone else reports it. What would be the outcome? I say this, as surely, the only person who can possibly be offended by it can be the person being quoted?
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:04 am
Home and Happy

Just out of interest Pol, what if the person whose quote you are changing is not offended by this change and does not report it. Let's say, someone else reports it. What would be the outcome? I say this, as surely, the only person who can possibly be offended by it can be the person being quoted?
It would probably depend on the context of the post, and the seriousness of the thread. As you can see I have fixed one today where I was misquoted, and last week another of mine was misquoted, and was deleted by another Mod with my agreement. My personal take on it is that it isn't on, and if one is reported to me I will either fix it or make it totally clear that the wording has been changed.
I've ignored the other "misquotes" in this thread as the posters seem quite happy with them, its a light-hearted thread, and they are obviously misquotes. However we have had occasions on BE when a person gets misquoted, no-one realises its a misqote, and the OP gets slated for what they appear to have said. So it can cause upset and offence, and we have had instances like that on BE.
Examples I've seen include quotes being turned into racist comments, or into abusive remarks towards another poster. If a third party picks up on this and doesn't realise its a misquote things can get a bit nasty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.