Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Don't these people get bored? I know I am.

Don't these people get bored? I know I am.

Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't these people get bored? I know I am.

Originally Posted by viviennef
You think they are poor? I am going to bed tonight with sadness in my heart as I thought you shared my sense of humour - I have signed up for Foxtel IQ and have been living each day hoping they will come on so I can record them to watch when I dont feel like only fools and horses.

As for the innuendo - doesn't bother me, find it mildly amusing. there are too many conversations in my life that are hard work so base humour kind of cheers me. If I find the underlying topic serious enough to warrant a response I just ignore the wise cracks and respond to the topic.
Just forced to watch too many as a kid.....I also think that some threads get too heavy and a large injection of silliness is needed to break it up a bit. I do as I said, understand Ren's viewpoint and will bear it in mind when I feel the need to make inappropriate posts.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 10:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Just forced to watch too many as a kid.....I also think that some threads get too heavy and a large injection of silliness is needed to break it up a bit. I do as I said, understand Ren's viewpoint and will bear it in mind when I feel the need to make inappropriate posts.
All about balance I guess, like so much on BE
Old Nov 9th 2009, 10:49 pm
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

I like the smut and innuendo Is that wrong?
Old Nov 9th 2009, 10:56 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster
Nope, it just means your normal.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 10:58 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Oddly enough, The Barbie, is a forum for off topic posts.....
Old Nov 9th 2009, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster

Not in the slightest, I like it as much as the next person (smut and innuendo that is) but of late it seems that the same few posters go off on this tangent on just about every thread and it just gets a bit boring
Old Nov 9th 2009, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jond
Not in the slightest, I like it as much as the next person (smut and innuendo that is) but of late it seems that the same few posters go off on this tangent on just about every thread and it just gets a bit boring
I think reporting it is the only real solution tbh.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

I think reporting it is the only real solution tbh.

Probably, but I have never been a dobber and don't think that I can change now.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 12:00 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RenShen
Yes you did. Sorry for not replying, got side tracked.

I see your point too and I am certainly not the fun police. Its just that the main bulk of some people's contributions is made up of innuendo and winking smilies. I just wanted to know if it bothered anyone else. I didn't actually have you in mind when I started the thread by the way. But thanks for your honest reply.
Look, why don't you just start naming names? Why all the mystery?

You are very easily annoyed if a bunch of people posting winking smilies gets to you so much
Old Nov 10th 2009, 12:00 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Oddly enough, The Barbie, is a forum for off topic posts.....
- some people just don't get that Bloke.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 12:01 am
Account Closed

Better a dobber only a few know about than a whinger loads do
Old Nov 10th 2009, 12:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Look, why don't you just start naming names? Why all the mystery?

You are very easily annoyed if a bunch of people posting winking smilies gets to you so much
I think there are enough people commenting on it for the point to be valid. Some, myself included, often take a thread off track with inane babble. It's never intentional but I can see how it would frustrate some posters.
Perhaps we should launch some threads for childish innuendo and smut and try to keep it off boring politics and shopping threads
Old Nov 10th 2009, 12:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its not really a question of being a dobber. None of us Mods can read everything, and there are some posts/threads that should be closed/deleted/edited etc which we just don't happen to look at. We see it more as asking other posters to help us maintain the site as the majority of users want it to be, and thus keep it as good as its always been so even if you aren't sure about a post but just think it could benefit from a Mod looking at it - or even a move to a more appropriate forum, please report it as we do appreciate everyone's help
Old Nov 10th 2009, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Better a dobber only a few know about than a whinger loads do

Here we go again, I don't agree with some people in the in crowd, so I am a whinger
Old Nov 10th 2009, 12:11 am
Account Closed

Here we go again, I don't agree with some people in the in crowd, so I am a whinger
Just teasing.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.