Do you have a pool

Old Mar 17th 2014, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you have a pool

Originally Posted by Beoz
Well, for a Brisbane Bogan, my rent to maintain this habit probably does. For Sydney its just the joys of living with the best.

Tut, tut, that's a bit naughty!

My cousins in Sydney are snobs too, what the hell is it with people from Sydney?

Old Mar 17th 2014, 9:04 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Thanks for all that info, it's great!

Yep that's very true about people wanting things for next to nothing. I have some furniture on ebay now. Good stuff, I started it at 99p to attract attention but some things are barely at a tenner with only a few days left Hmm!

Do you know the names of any quality furniture shops in Australia, just so I could price things up online? I'm just curious really.
The only furniture that we bought was basic bedroom stuff: beds, bedside drawers, etc. We managed to negotiate a decent price for them and it's better quality than the what we had in the UK but that shop, a family business, has since closed down (I think due to illness). It's definitely well worth searching far and wide when the time comes. Also, bargaining with the retailers is a must - the retailers budget for it so if you don't bargain them down you would in most cases be paying over the odds.

Cheap and cheerful UK quality stuff here:
http://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au/

More upmarket stuff here:
http://www.nickscali.com.au/

Predictably overpriced shite here:
http://www.ikea.com/au/en/

Harvery Norman for appliance price guide:
http://www.harveynorman.com.au/

If I had my time again I would get really nice quality new and second hand/antique furniture in the UK and ship it over.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Tut, tut, that's a bit naughty!

My cousins in Sydney are snobs too, what the hell is it with people from Sydney?

You answered your own question .... we are snobs
Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

In the past we have rented two new houses and we were allowed to hang pictures; as long as they were proper picture hooks and no more than one per wall. In older rentals the hooks/nails will already be there
Old Mar 18th 2014, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
In the past we have rented two new houses and we were allowed to hang pictures; as long as they were proper picture hooks and no more than one per wall. In older rentals the hooks/nails will already be there

Thanks.

It seems like there's an issue with picture hooks in Australian rentals.

It's not like that in the UK. I let a property out here and I wouldn't dream of telling my tenants they can only have one picture on one wall I think they'd tell me to pi$$ off if I did. Lol
Old Mar 19th 2014, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

It seems like there's an issue with picture hooks in Australian rentals.

It's not like that in the UK. I let a property out here and I wouldn't dream of telling my tenants they can only have one picture on one wall I think they'd tell me to pi$$ off if I did. Lol
I think they have a point really, you don't want dozens of holes in brand new walls. One picture per wall is reasonable
Old Mar 19th 2014, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by curly
One picture per wall is reasonable

Yep, you're probably right, its just me, I have an unhealthy obsession with paintings, my parents are both artists and I have a shed load of paintings that need to go somewhere...
Old Mar 20th 2014, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Wilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulry
I wasn't treated very well by my boss once I'd handed in my notice. After > 10 years service over two spellls, it left a bitter taste - which is a shame but it did make it easier to leave with no regrets.

...Make sure you pack your container full of all the stuff that you don't know yet that you''ll wish you'd brought
This topic needs a thread all of it own....'Things you didn't bring you wish you had
This really made me think would I / wouldn't i take things - I think I'd take more due to the boys being fairly young, I would want them to feel at home with their stuff.

but back on point a pool will be a must for the water boys!
Old Mar 20th 2014, 12:13 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilsons22
This topic needs a thread all of it own....'Things you didn't bring you wish you had
This really made me think would I / wouldn't i take things - I think I'd take more due to the boys being fairly young, I would want them to feel at home with their stuff.

but back on point a pool will be a must for the water boys!
Yes it made a big difference having all our stuff here with us. It definitely helped us to settle in. The only thing I would recommend is to de-clutter several times before the move to make sure minimal junk gets packed in the container. We've lost track of the number of times we've been glad we brought something with us

Mixed feelings about the pool. I'm certain my lads would have been in it all the time if we'd settled here when they were younger. Saying that, they're both very sporty so maybe they'd still use it now
Old Mar 20th 2014, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Wilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud of

de-clutter..... words to my ears been doing it for years then turn around and there is more!!

To be honest - Pool for me too nice glass of cold wine once boys in bed...sounds bliss.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 1:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Wilsons22
de-clutter..... words to my ears been doing it for years then turn around and there is more!!

To be honest - Pool for me too nice glass of cold wine once boys in bed...sounds bliss.
TBH, we decluttered three times in increasing levels of ruthlessness before the shipping people arrived and we still ended up bringing a lot of junk. But lots more good stuff too
Old Mar 21st 2014, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Pool down to 21 degrees, but still going in after getting hot gardening. It is the only way I can cool down.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paulry
The only furniture that we bought was basic bedroom stuff: beds, bedside drawers, etc. We managed to negotiate a decent price for them and it's better quality than the what we had in the UK but that shop, a family business, has since closed down (I think due to illness). It's definitely well worth searching far and wide when the time comes. Also, bargaining with the retailers is a must - the retailers budget for it so if you don't bargain them down you would in most cases be paying over the odds.

Cheap and cheerful UK quality stuff here:
http://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au/

More upmarket stuff here:
http://www.nickscali.com.au/

Predictably overpriced shite here:
http://www.ikea.com/au/en/

Harvery Norman for appliance price guide:
http://www.harveynorman.com.au/

If I had my time again I would get really nice quality new and second hand/antique furniture in the UK and ship it over.

OK, we have progress. I have managed to convince the husband that we need to take furniture over and therefore get a container, or at least half.

I was just a bit worried that my furniture won't go in an Australian house, the style of it, so I'm buying a few new pieces here in England to put in a container.

Oh God, I still can't quite believe I'm moving. Lol
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

We are in WA and have a salt pool... we keep it up to scratch all year so we never let it go green - too expensive to get it back to what it should be. We also have solar heating for it so use the pool from late September through to May.... so it is only not used for a max of 4 months. We use the pool every day during it's usable 8 months or so and our house is family entertainment central because of that!
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Briar
We use the pool every day during it's usable 8 months or so and our house is family entertainment central because of that!

I like that idea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.