Do you have a pool

Old Mar 23rd 2014, 11:02 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you have a pool

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
OK, we have progress. I have managed to convince the husband that we need to take furniture over and therefore get a container, or at least half.

I was just a bit worried that my furniture won't go in an Australian house, the style of it, so I'm buying a few new pieces here in England to put in a container.

Oh God, I still can't quite believe I'm moving. Lol

Have you arranged any shipping quotes? We got three done. Interesting, I haven't spotted any threads in a while where shipping companies have been discussed.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry

Have you arranged any shipping quotes? We got three done. Interesting, I haven't spotted any threads in a while where shipping companies have been discussed.

Haven't got that far yet but I'll be having a look on here for some ideas of who to use, so if anyone has anything good to say about certain companies please share
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 11:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't got that far yet but I'll be having a look on here for some ideas of who to use, so if anyone has anything good to say about certain companies please share
When are you moving?
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 8:47 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the top x companies have changed since we moved here (3+ years ago) but we used a company with a similar name to a Australian supermarket. At the time they were among the cheapest and best thought of but it didn't stop some of our stuff being pilfered (we suspect it was the packers because the boxes were undisturbed) and my motorbike arrived with a small dent in the tank, some scratches and a broken indicator. Crown is a popular company worth getting a quote from - I see them carting containers around Canberra from time to time.

Last edited by paulry; Mar 23rd 2014 at 8:52 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
When are you moving?

August. maybe July, depends on whether the husband takes the job in WA.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm sure the top x companies have changed since we moved here (3+ years ago) but we used a company with a similar name to a Australian supermarket. At the time they were among the cheapest and best thought of but it didn't stop some of our stuff being pilfered (we suspect it was the packers because the boxes were undisturbed) and my motorbike arrived with a small dent in the tank, some scratches and a broken indicator. Crown is a popular company worth getting a quote from - I see them carting containers around Canberra from time to time.

Yeah, I'll have a look at Crown, cheers big ears!
Old Mar 24th 2014, 8:56 pm
Banned

Yeah, I'll have a look at Crown, cheers big ears!

August. maybe July, depends on whether the husband takes the job in WA.
That is soon! How far are you with your planning/moving arrangements?
Old Mar 24th 2014, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

That is soon! How far are you with your planning/moving arrangements?

Erm, Well, we know we are moving to Australia, can that be counted as planning?
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:20 am
Banned

Erm, Well, we know we are moving to Australia, can that be counted as planning?
Sounds like you're all sorted then
Old Mar 25th 2014, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sounds like you're all sorted then

It gets better, eldest has told us he wants to go in the RAF, so it might just be 3 of us going to Oz now.....

It's all down to what GCSE results he gets, I'll keep you posted

Last edited by Molly Coddle; Mar 25th 2014 at 8:32 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:36 pm
Banned

It gets better, eldest has told us he wants to go in the RAF, so it might just be 3 of us going to Oz now.....

It's all down to what GCSE results he gets, I'll keep you posted
Ah, teenager troubles

Can he join the RAF on just his GCSEs?
Old Mar 26th 2014, 8:38 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, teenager troubles

Applicants sit aptitude tests, the results determine what specific tasks you can apply for.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 12:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by cresta57
Applicants sit aptitude tests, the results determine what specific tasks you can apply for.
Makes sense. I guess. There's some roles in the military that don't need much education.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah, teenager troubles

Don't talk to me about teenagers. Lol

You have got off lightly with your two.

Yes they can join off just GCSE's and gain higher qualifications once in there, e.g a degree or NVQ's, there's all sorts of options, even apprenticeships, it's great.

Also they have to sit an aptitude test like Cresta said, that will determine what jobs are open to them. Then there's a fitness test, he'll pass that I have no doubts, and then there is the interview - and for that he needs to get his hair cut, he has a quiff that's turning into a cliff edge. Lol

Sighhhhh! It's all happening in our house Paul, I could write a bloomin book!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 9:22 am
Banned

Don't talk to me about teenagers. Lol

You have got off lightly with your two.

Yes they can join off just GCSE's and gain higher qualifications once in there, e.g a degree or NVQ's, there's all sorts of options, even apprenticeships, it's great.

Also they have to sit an aptitude test like Cresta said, that will determine what jobs are open to them. Then there's a fitness test, he'll pass that I have no doubts, and then there is the interview - and for that he needs to get his hair cut, he has a quiff that's turning into a cliff edge. Lol

Sighhhhh! It's all happening in our house Paul, I could write a bloomin book!
Don't worry, my two also get their moments!

So what will you do if sonny Jim decides to stay behind? I reckon that would be difficult to do. At least after a few years he could transfer to Oz on his own steam.

But looking just now I reckon he is eligible if he has PR:

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/recrui...s/default.aspx
http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/recrui...in/youSession/

On the last link it says:

What you should bring
Original birth certificate
Education results
Employment history / Trade qualifications
Proof of citizenship or permanent residency
Supporting documentation relating to medical conditions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.