Do you have a pool

Old Mar 12th 2014, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Do you have a pool

you should start a new thread, called...

LIES people told us before me moved to Australia !! Then revisit the thread every month and update it
Old Mar 12th 2014, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimbersBack
We have a property department that does. But as you will find, rentals go in 5 minutes. So makes it hard to find a rental thats still available, that you found surfing the net in the uk.

Best too do as most poms do, move over and book into a cheap motel for a week or 3 , look at rentals, then get applying.
My daughter is a property manager, and if you have any questions .. I can ask her for you, shes always happy to help.
Be prepared to be overwhelmed and underwhelmed simultaeously with Australian rentals.... they can be expensive, and some of them are absolute shit boxes.

Cheers Timber, you're good un'!

I've noticed that. That some rentals are just bloody awful, the kitchens in some of them are just, well, I can't even think of a word to describe them to be honest. I don't actually know how they get away with calling it a kitchen.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 9:32 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Yeah, when I've been looking at rentals online, there are a fair few, well on the Sunshine Coast area, I haven't really looked elsewhere yet.

I'm actually starting to get a bit nervous about the move now I was talking to my work mates about it today and they were saying how much they're going to miss me ( the lying b*#€@rds! ) Ooo reality is kicking in hard and fast!
The scary bits are the "no turning back" moments like when you hand your notices in. But don't be spooked - enjoy the roller coaster ride. Exciting times ahead!
Old Mar 12th 2014, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

you should start a new thread, called...

LIES people told us before me moved to Australia !! Then revisit the thread every month and update it

Lol Do it! You've more experience than me! I'll join in when I'm there.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paulry
The scary bits are the "no turning back" moments like when you hand your notices in. But don't be spooked - enjoy the roller coaster ride. Exciting times ahead!
^ perhaps the best bit of advice you will get
Old Mar 12th 2014, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Lol Do it! You've more experience than me! I'll join in when I'm there.
LOL the forum would CRASH under the load !
Old Mar 12th 2014, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paulry

Yeah, handing my notice in will be hard. I'm good mates with my boss

She says I'm irreplaceable, I said to her, well my wage doesn't reflect that!

Luckily she has a sense of humour.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOL the forum would CRASH under the load !

I can imagine!
Old Mar 12th 2014, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Perfect pool

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HovTUGpH__A
Old Mar 12th 2014, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Melbourne and had a pool. We are two adults and used it often. Also had a spa in the corner which was heated by gas. Used this a lot in the winter and also the pool when we got too hot in the spa! I also used the pool in the winter to stand in after a long run!

Husband cleaned it and enjoyed pottering by it

At one point I probably said no not again but that's not the case. Would def have a pool or the very least a large spa. Also I think it's a personal thing. Our house was a bit party Central but if you are a couple or family who keep yourself to yourself then probably not worth it.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

I've had a pool for over 40 years and wouldn't be without it. My boys were never out of it when they lived at home and I have always used it. Now my grandchildren make very good use of it. The maintenance is no problem now that we have sand filters, salt chlorinators and automatic pool cleaners.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, when I've been looking at rentals online, there are a fair few, well on the Sunshine Coast area, I haven't really looked elsewhere yet.

I'm actually starting to get a bit nervous about the move now I was talking to my work mates about it today and they were saying how much they're going to miss me ( the lying b*#€@rds! ) Ooo reality is kicking in hard and fast!
I am beginning to try to budget to put a pool into our home.

I've been researching a swim spa - we're not short of space but I don't think we need a massive pool and hate the whole massive fenced off area so I'm thinking a swim spa and then some clever planting/landscaping to make it look nice, whilst fencing etc

I do wonder we're doing it too late, boys are nearly 13 and 12 but couldn't do before so it's not worth worrying about!
Old Mar 13th 2014, 3:20 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

We have one of those metal framed above ground jobbies. It gets put away about this time of year actually. It's great despite needing to be filtered and chlorinated and buffered and de-leafed.

Kids party? Chuck 'em in there.

Stinking hot from yardwork? In the pool. Home from a hard day on the cricket pitch avoiding injury? In the pool. Feeling frisky? Get 'em off and in the pool.

The latter recommend only if you have a bit of land between you and the rest of civilisation.

We are on tank water so had a second tank installed for gardening stuff and this also fills the pool every year.

I think we paid about $800 3 years ago, don't regret it for a second.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, handing my notice in will be hard. I'm good mates with my boss

She says I'm irreplaceable, I said to her, well my wage doesn't reflect that!

Luckily she has a sense of humour.
Don't hand in your notice - apply for a career break! Belt and braces!!!!

As for pools - had one once, never again. Too much like hard work and unless you have a monster block, too small for laps (I don't do splash about after a youth of competitive swimming). There'll be a pool in the vicinity anyway if you need one.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 7:36 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Often thought about it but we have a spa & use that nearly every night instead. Much easier to keep clean topped up & heated all year.
If I want to swim or chill in cold water there's the river at the end of the street with some nice rocks that you can lay back in with a stubby while the kids play.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.