Cycling Poms

Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:35 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cycling Poms

Originally Posted by fraser
0642 : GOLD Sailing - Goodison crosses the line and that's another gold medal for Team GB! He punches the air in delight.
And it's GB v Australia in the womens cycling sprint final in about an hours time..........
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:08 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
And it's GB v Australia in the womens cycling sprint final in about an hours time..........
Another gold for the UK.

Victoria Pendleton beat the Australian girl

Last edited by Grayling; Aug 18th 2008 at 11:16 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:19 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

And another

Chris Hoy wins Gold in the men's sprint.

Jason Kenny, also from the UK, gets silver

G
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Another gold for the UK.

I've stayed out of the Channel 7 TV debate - until now. Their coverage is absolutely pathetic. They could have easily just shown the womans sprint final - an Aussie was involved after all. But because they knew that the Aussie was probably going to lose to a Pom, they never showed it. They had gymnastics on instead - with no Aussie involved.

Wankers.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Rastis will become famous soon enough

As a very proud and patriotic Australian, I would like to congratulate the Great Britain Olympic cycling team on an awe inspiring display. You guys must be over the moon with the efforts of your country men and women.

This GB team is now the stand alone team in track cycling and I think it will take quite a while for any nation to catch them up, the world can forget London, it’ll take 2 Olympics to overhaul this brilliant team.

Its great to see that the athletes are getting the funding that they truly deserve, the raw talent has obviously always been there, but athletes can’t get by on pure ability alone, these days, funding is essential to keep up with the technology that’s needed not just in equipment, but coaching as well, so well done GB for stringing it all together, funding + quality athletes = medals.

And before anyone has a go at me for mentioning funding, it’s not sour grapes, you still need quality athletes and GB certainly has them, even with extra funding us Aussies just didn’t have the same calibre of cyclists competing.

So Well Done GB and May it Continue!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 12:07 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rastis
Thank you sir
Old Aug 19th 2008, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fraser
Thank you sir
My pleasure mate, credit where credit is due and all that...
Old Aug 19th 2008, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Cycling Poms

As a very proud and patriotic Australian, I would like to congratulate the Great Britain Olympic cycling team on an awe inspiring display. You guys must be over the moon with the efforts of your country men and women.

This GB team is now the stand alone team in track cycling and I think it will take quite a while for any nation to catch them up, the world can forget London, it’ll take 2 Olympics to overhaul this brilliant team.

Its great to see that the athletes are getting the funding that they truly deserve, the raw talent has obviously always been there, but athletes can’t get by on pure ability alone, these days, funding is essential to keep up with the technology that’s needed not just in equipment, but coaching as well, so well done GB for stringing it all together, funding + quality athletes = medals.

And before anyone has a go at me for mentioning funding, it’s not sour grapes, you still need quality athletes and GB certainly has them, even with extra funding us Aussies just didn’t have the same calibre of cyclists competing.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic ....if not this is true Olympic spirit! Its about congratulating and taking pleasure in a job well done which ever country the athletes are from.Years of hard work and dedication go into even qualifiyng for the Olympics and the fact that large no.s of arm chair athletes can squabble about who has the most golds is rather sad. Its must be wonderful to win an Olympivc medal at all. I`m a v. patriotic Brit and am ecstatically delighted at team GBs successes but took equal pleasure in hearing the story that went with Togos Bronze.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Not sure if you are being sarcastic
No I'm not being sarcastic, it really is great that GB is going so well. Of course I would've been happier if it was Australia but it's not... Sometimes you just have to stand back and applaud the brilliance of another team and they really are brilliant! Now if we could just get some of them to emigrate!!

I've got to admit that I am a Olympics freak, I love watching my country men and women trying their guts out, I'll cheer them on and feel proud wether they come first or last. I admire anyone from any country who's made the sacrifices that are required to compete in this fantastic sporting arena because lets face it even if they come last in their event, they're still better than six billion other people in the world!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 12:02 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
She didn't do too badly for someone who was in a wheelchair with a broken back 6 months ago did she?
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

How sad am I, I went to school with Chris Hoy, it's now become my best claim to fame!!! (after meeting Les Dennis of course!!)

Have to say though it makes a lovely change to see some good news from team GB, esp as the Scots are up there, hopefully things are looking good for London.

Lindsay x
Old Aug 24th 2008, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

No I'm not being sarcastic, it really is great that GB is going so well. Of course I would've been happier if it was Australia but it's not... Sometimes you just have to stand back and applaud the brilliance of another team and they really are brilliant! Now if we could just get some of them to emigrate!!

I've got to admit that I am a Olympics freak, I love watching my country men and women trying their guts out, I'll cheer them on and feel proud wether they come first or last. I admire anyone from any country who's made the sacrifices that are required to compete in this fantastic sporting arena because lets face it even if they come last in their event, they're still better than six billion other people in the world!
Thanks.You sound v. much like my Oh who cheers for anyone and everyone which is good `Olympicmanship`(!)
It was a fanatstic games & the Chinese did a fantastic job. I`m looking forward to OH coming back to reality now!
Old Aug 24th 2008, 7:01 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by renth
She didn't do too badly for someone who was in a wheelchair with a broken back 6 months ago did she?
She did well. It's a a hell of a comeback.

Australia did alright in the olympics - it's just that 5 other countries did better.

This olympics kind of destroys the myth that Australia are better at sport because of the weather/outdoor lifestyle/beach etc. They are good at sport because they invest heavily in it. The UK is now spending big on sport and they are getting the results because of it. Outside of swimming, Australia is relatively weak at the olympics. I suppose the same applies to the UK in cycling, but not to the same extent.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 7:19 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
She did well. It's a a hell of a comeback.

Australia did alright in the olympics - it's just that 5 other countries did better.

This olympics kind of destroys the myth that Australia are better at sport because of the weather/outdoor lifestyle/beach etc. They are good at sport because they invest heavily in it. The UK is now spending big on sport and they are getting the results because of it. Outside of swimming, Australia is relatively weak at the olympics. I suppose the same applies to the UK in cycling, but not to the same extent.
I think they all put in an outstanding performance well done to all the sporting competitors.
It's not the winning it's the taking part.............................................. .................................................. ................... just ask the Springboks
Old Aug 24th 2008, 7:44 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by cresta57
I think they all put in an outstanding performance well done to all the sporting competitors.
It's not the winning it's the taking part.............................................. .................................................. ................... just ask the Springboks
On Saturday it was the taking apart!