Wikiposts

Culture!

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all
Default Re: Culture!

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
You could at least get the dates right.

100 years? Pffft.
who said 100 yrs? please read the posts properly!
this forum is about peoples opinions,not childish tit for tat,so, please grow up and move on...........
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fitz
what history,you have no history!
100 odd years ago is not exactly what i would call history.
there is an aboriginal culture but no aussie culture as far as i'm conerned.

Er... you did.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:26 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Give up looking for Aussie culture mate, I have searched high and low and the closest I got was when we bought some yoghurt from the supermarket. (Imported I might add)
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

roxy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
Give up looking for Aussie culture mate, I have searched high and low and the closest I got was when we bought some yoghurt from the supermarket. (Imported I might add)
Gee, haven't heard that one before!!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:23 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

How are you defining "culture"?

We have a unique national sport (Aussie Rules); we have unique slang, we have unique institutions, we have a unique history, we have a unique national identity, we have our own poets, authors, playwrights, singers, actors, composers, artists, musicians, customs, traditions, social mores, architects, builders, inventors, humourists, etc. If that doesn't add up to an Australian culture, I don't know what does.

Try clicking here and see what you make of it.
Well said Vash
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:26 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

who said 100 yrs? please read the posts properly!
this forum is about peoples opinions,not childish tit for tat,so, please grow up and move on...........
...and it's not about being polite to others rather than being nasty every opportunity you get?

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Jun 22nd 2007 at 9:11 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:32 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
...and it's not about being polite to others rather that being nasty every opportunity you get?
Dear Tia.....I think you may be being face with the unwinnable battle!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:44 pm
Banned

judge dredd is an unknown quantity at this point

aussie culture
drink driving
tailgating
burnout's
strange fashion sense
strange hairstlye's
like winning but when they don't are strangly quiet
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:00 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
absolutely N, been there done that, worn the bleedin t shirt
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:10 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
absolutely N, been there done that, worn the bleedin t shirt
Just about to open a bottle...what'll you be having?
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:12 pm

Tell me about it
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

roxy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
I honestly think its a whole culture thing here in the UK!!

Not that I am meaning to bash any English poeple on the forum!

But there are so many teenagers and kids who are just out of control! When they are 12-13 they are not disciplined and they can do what they like (my girlfriend is a teacher and they are POWERLESS to do anything).

By the time they are 16-18 they have had a decade of doing whatver they want with no repercussions - no one has ever kicked them up the arse!

So you end up with a whole bunch of 18 year olds who are drinking and have been doing whatever they like for the past 10 years - what you think you're gonna get!?!?

I am a 30 year old aussie former lifeguard, I'm pretty fit and tall/strong and I was raised with 3 brothers so I know how to look after myself - I ain't afraid of very much but I AM afraid of the 14 year olds in the High Street. Cause in this backwards country they can do whatver they like and nothing will ever happen to them!!!!!

I actually intervened in an altercation between a young girl (about 19-20) and a few little thugs that were giving her a hard time in the High Street. She was wandering along minding her own business and they approached her and started asking for money and cigarettes. They were really hassling this poor girl and so I couldn't leave her there by herself. I gave one of them a clip around the ear. When the police turned up guess who got cautioned!!

This place is going to have massive social problems in a few years!
It is frightening when you can see a society self destructing right before your very eyes! I saw so many incidents when I was living in London, at times I felt I was living in a war zone. So many people just want to bury their heads in the sand about the way things are, and do not even get me started on the police!! Useless. Troubling thing is I can see elements of it creeping into Aussie society...
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 10:34 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Culture!

who said 100 yrs?
You did, in this post:

what history,you have no history!
100 odd years ago is not exactly what i would call history.
there is an aboriginal culture but no aussie culture as far as i'm conerned.
You even managed to missspell "concerned", which I found quite amusing.

please read the posts properly!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 10:35 pm
A rather curious boy

You did, in this post.

You even managed to missspell "concerned", which I found quite amusing.

http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/2...thisone3rk.jpg
Oh I am conerned that you have found it amusing!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 10:37 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Culture!

Oh I am conerned that you have found it amusing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.