Wikiposts

Culture!

Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:15 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Culture!

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Just the relative isolation, the size and dispersion of the population cities and the way the continent was settled makes an interesting culture.
I spend a lot of time on Connex.... I see lots of culture!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:17 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
I spend a lot of time on Connex.... I see lots of culture!

Tr the Broadmeadows line
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:19 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Tr the Broadmeadows line
I stand on platform one at Flinders, used by the Hurstbridge line and the Epping line.....a world of difference.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:20 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

I stand on platform one at Flinders, used by the Hurstbridge line and the Epping line.....a world of difference.

Broadmeadows is on platform 666
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:25 pm
A rather curious boy

Broadmeadows is on platform 666
We went there last week to buy a car....hard to get a good look at a constant 60kms per hour!

....(OH wouldn't stop the car).

It reminded me of Niddrie/Craigmillar in Edinburgh (not the places you would want to see your Granny end up).
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:27 pm
Take it easy

We went there last week to buy a car....hard to get a good look at a constant 60kms per hour!

....(OH wouldn't stop the car).

It reminded me of Niddrie/Craigmillar in Edinburgh (not the places you would want to see your Granny end up).

To be honest, I don't reckon it's that bad....certainly one of the traditionally rough areas in Melbourne, but when I've ever been there it's been quite sleepy.

Then again, I never been there on a Friday night
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:30 pm
A rather curious boy

To be honest, I don't reckon it's that bad....certainly one of the traditionally rough areas in Melbourne, but when I've ever been there it's been quite sleepy.

Then again, I never been there on a Friday night

Truthfully. The places I have been in the UK makes me think that Broadmeadows wouldn't be any rougher.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:32 pm
Take it easy

Truthfully. The places I have been in the UK makes me think that Broadmeadows wouldn't be any rougher.
It's a run down suburb that has a fair amount of commission housing and a low socio economic population.....like a smaller version of Liverpool, but you can understand what they're saying
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:33 pm
A rather curious boy

It's a run down suburb that has a fair amount of commission housing and a low socio economic population.....like a smaller version of Liverpool, but you can understand what they're saying
...but do they wear Argos bling and is there a sea of nylon trackies?
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:35 pm
Take it easy

...but do they wear Argos bling and is there a sea of nylon trackies?
yes, but the difference is in Broadmeadows they wait for the Big W sale instead of stealing it
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

roxy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fitz
we have a unique history

what history,you have no history!
100 odd years ago is not exactly what i would call history.
there is an aboriginal culture but no aussie culture as far as i'm conerned.
No offence but you sound like you have a very negative attitude of Australia?
Australia does have a history, and a very interesting one, I know because I teach it at school. Culture to me is the traditions, beliefs, lifestyle, celebrations, pastimes that are common to a nation. Australians have an outdoor lifestyle, a love of boating, fishing, watersports, watching and playing sport, drinking at outdoor barbies, eating out. They have famous artists and authors, and celebrate special days like ANZAC day and Australia Day, and have big sporting events like the Melbourne Cup and The AFL Grand Final.

What is British culture?
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:58 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxy
No offence but you sound like you have a very negative attitude of Australia?
Australia does have a history, and a very interesting one, I know because I teach it at school. Culture to me is the traditions, beliefs, lifestyle, celebrations, pastimes that are common to a nation. Australians have an outdoor lifestyle, a love of boating, fishing, watersports, watching and playing sport, drinking at outdoor barbies, eating out. They have famous artists and authors, and celebrate special days like ANZAC day and Australia Day, and have big sporting events like the Melbourne Cup and The AFL Grand Final.

What is British culture?
he/she is going back so don't bother trying to argue.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:00 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by northernbird
he/she is going back so don't bother trying to argue.
Agreed. Case closed.

Ps your penchant for drink and your love of Dr Seuss do so make me smile!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:08 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. Case closed.

Ps your penchant for drink and your love of Dr Seuss do so make me smile!
Are you impressed with how restrained I am these days chick.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:13 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by northernbird
Are you impressed with how restrained I am these days chick.
You are like Perth's own Daila Lama!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.