Wikiposts

Culture!

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:22 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Culture!

Originally Posted by northernbird
Are you impressed with how restrained I am these days chick.
Almost horizontal...
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:27 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Culture!

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Mmmm, some thoughts:
Jindalee is useful in a peacetime or pre-war surveillance role but pretty useless in an actual shooting match.
In an actual shooting match it would see incoming planes from 3,000 km away. That's pretty useful. But you're right, it's not designed specifically for military use.

Any ground-based, fixed radar system is extremely vulnerable to air attack or even by special forces sabotage. The location of this system is not exactly secret. Hence we are spending billions on Wedgetail AWACS. A much better system, but not exactly unique.
F117 uses completely different technology to the B2 stealth bomber.
B2 has been tracked using short range infra-red systems, at the Farnborough airshow for example! Not sure if it's been tracked by radar.
F117 and B2 have operated with virtual impunity over Iraq and The Balkans. 50 odd F117s operated over Baghdad, which had the most intense air-defence system since the Vietnam war, without ever being detected, without so much as a scratch in 2 wars. An F117 was shot down over Serbia but was that a lucky shot? It's highly possible.
If F117s or B2s are ever operated against Australia, then I don't want to be living in that world!
Thankfully, that world doesn't exist and never will.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:30 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
In an actual shooting match it would see incoming planes from 3,000 km away. That's pretty useful. But you're right, it's not designed specifically for military use.

Thankfully, that world doesn't exist and never will.
....I am losing the will!

Afternoon!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:33 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
Almost horizontal...
wish I was Rodders
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:35 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
wish I was Rodders

....and you told me you had a headache! Pah!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH7S-Dw63bQ

thats our culture...
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:55 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by on a mission
Thanks for the link matey - I am absolutely pissing myself LOL

Genius.

(Oh, yeah - Aus/UK culture threads - haven't we done this before LOL???!!!)

Graham
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northerner
Thanks for the link matey - I am absolutely pissing myself LOL

Genius.

(Oh, yeah - Aus/UK culture threads - haven't we done this before LOL???!!!)

Graham
Dull isn't it?!!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:00 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
and if you dont think that that doesnt happen over here too your on drugs

take the rose tints off mate

that or take a walk around surfers at 2am
Yeah, but all the people fightin in the streets of surfers paradise are British Back-packers - I know a cop that works there - they call their overnight holding cell the 'Brits B&B'

The english have a notorious reputation around the world for not being able to handle their drink and fightin all over the place - ever been to the Algarve, Costa Del Sol, Ibiza, Mallorca ........
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough

Oh, we can handle our drink! I would say the Irish and us are definitely the biggest drinkers in the world.

I know what your saying, its just there are a lot of wan***s in the UK. They can drink a lot and they do. They are looking for trouble all the time sober or drunk, but when drunk the little bit of sense they have is gone.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:27 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly think its a whole culture thing here in the UK!!

Not that I am meaning to bash any English poeple on the forum!

But there are so many teenagers and kids who are just out of control! When they are 12-13 they are not disciplined and they can do what they like (my girlfriend is a teacher and they are POWERLESS to do anything).

By the time they are 16-18 they have had a decade of doing whatver they want with no repercussions - no one has ever kicked them up the arse!

So you end up with a whole bunch of 18 year olds who are drinking and have been doing whatever they like for the past 10 years - what you think you're gonna get!?!?

I am a 30 year old aussie former lifeguard, I'm pretty fit and tall/strong and I was raised with 3 brothers so I know how to look after myself - I ain't afraid of very much but I AM afraid of the 14 year olds in the High Street. Cause in this backwards country they can do whatver they like and nothing will ever happen to them!!!!!

I actually intervened in an altercation between a young girl (about 19-20) and a few little thugs that were giving her a hard time in the High Street. She was wandering along minding her own business and they approached her and started asking for money and cigarettes. They were really hassling this poor girl and so I couldn't leave her there by herself. I gave one of them a clip around the ear. When the police turned up guess who got cautioned!!

This place is going to have massive social problems in a few years!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by esperanza
Not so, that is also just a part of culture. Culture is really just the way people live - it's crazy for anyone to talk about needing more than 200 years to develop a culture - would anyone suggest that cultures do not change over two centuries?!

And whatever idiot said that 100 years doesn't count as history is talking out their ar$e, I can't be bothered to explain why, as it is patently obvious.
i was being glib about ozzie history,obviously over your head "IDIOT"
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:58 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Culture!

Originally Posted by fitz
i was being glib about ozzie history,obviously over your head "IDIOT"
You could at least get the dates right.

100 years? Pffft.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:59 am
Fighting my corner

Cool Re: Culture!

Originally Posted by busterboy
....I am losing the will!

Afternoon!
LOL, afternoon mate.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
You could at least get the dates right.

100 years? Pffft.
Precisely! Hard to take it as an intelligent comment....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.