Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Wikiposts

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

All teams have been through what Australia is going through at the moment. Look at England not so long ago - ranked lower than NZ, losing to everybody. West Indies - untouchable in the '70s and '80s.

Australia will bounce back. Saying that, their current predicament is fun to watch though!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 1:31 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
All teams have been through what Australia is going through at the moment. Look at England not so long ago - ranked lower than NZ, losing to everybody. West Indies - untouchable in the '70s and '80s.

Australia will bounce back. Saying that, their current predicament is fun to watch though!
reminds me of Aesop's fable about the ant and the grasshopper. The grasshopper being the Aussies arrogantly thinking the warmer months would last forever so didn't have to plan or work for the future.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:45 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
reminds me of Aesop's fable about the ant and the grasshopper. The grasshopper being the Aussies arrogantly thinking the warmer months would last forever so didn't have to plan or work for the future.
play abandoned for the day in NZ
Old Mar 5th 2013, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree. The bowling lineup the Indians put out was arguably weaker than the one they put out against England on the same pitches. England lost a total of 57 wickets from a possible 80 in their four test series. They also scored in excess of 400 three times and in excess of 300 five times in that series.

Ohja was the joint highest wicket taker in that series with 20 (same as Swann) and he isn't even playing here.

So far Aus have only made in excess of 300 runs in an innings once and lost a much larger number of wickets to seam bowling than against England. This bowling lineup that Ind have put out is nothing special. Ashwin is the only standout and even he is pretty poor on non-Indian pitches.

This is all Aus' doing.
Yep agreed ...... They say all you need is 20 wickets to win a test. I reckon Oz are more than capable of taking 20 Indian wickets and should have they had the luxury of their own runs they should have been capable of doing that.

The batting performance in that test was beyond description. Something malfunctioned in the batting stakes very badly. ..... very badly

That said I did hear that during the reign of Oz they only one a series in India once.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 4:34 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Oz bowling was rubbish and the greats are long gone.

Originally Posted by Beoz
Yep agreed ...... They say all you need is 20 wickets to win a test. I reckon Oz are more than capable of taking 20 Indian wickets and should have they had the luxury of their own runs they should have been capable of doing that.

The batting performance in that test was beyond description. Something malfunctioned in the batting stakes very badly. ..... very badly

That said I did hear that during the reign of Oz they only one a series in India once.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:10 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Merv says grow some facial hair. Spot on.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/crick...306-2fkrz.html
Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:25 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
Merv says grow some facial hair. Spot on.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/crick...306-2fkrz.html
Perhaps grow some balls while they are at it
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:00 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Perhaps grow some balls while they are at it
I'm not so sure, the ladies team seems to be doing extremely well sans appendages
Old Mar 6th 2013, 11:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

meanwhile in Dunedin

113/7

oh dear
Old Mar 6th 2013, 11:51 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

meanwhile in Dunedin

113/7

oh dear
Old Mar 6th 2013, 12:24 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

meanwhile in Dunedin

113/7

oh dear
yeah, but swinging conditions and the NZ batting lineup, I wouldn't put it past us to bowl them out for cheaper
Old Mar 6th 2013, 12:34 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

160 /8 - Anderson and Finn showing what can be done.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 1:05 pm
Proudly Deplorable

yeah, but swinging conditions and the NZ batting lineup, I wouldn't put it past us to bowl them out for cheaper
But it's NZ ffs

We're just about to find out......
Old Mar 6th 2013, 1:29 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

But it's NZ ffs

We're just about to find out......
SA were dismissed for 238 in the first innings of the first test in their last tour of NZ.

SA and Eng have a lot in common in that they are famous slow starters to test series. I can't recall the last time Eng even won the first test of an away series
Old Mar 6th 2013, 2:37 pm
Proudly Deplorable

SA were dismissed for 238 in the first innings of the first test in their last tour of NZ.

SA and Eng have a lot in common in that they are famous slow starters to test series. I can't recall the last time Eng even won the first test of an away series
Everything that I am reading is saying that this is a good batting wicket.

Time will tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.