The Cricket Thread

Old Mar 8th 2017, 5:57 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I agree with that. David Warner's wicket, for example.
And some of the lower order thinking they can blast their way out of trouble completely failing to take into account the conditions.

Smith a bit naughty for his repeated attempts at the Dressingroom Review System too.

True character is always shown when under the pump not compiling another century at The Gabba bullying whoever is visiting.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 6:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Yep, probably goes with the job description. For Smith to say he wasn't asking the sheds if he was out ... nah, he knew what he was doing and got found out under pressure and has lost a bit of respect in the process.

All good fun, makes the rest of the series an event.

Thoroughly enjoyed the ebb and flow of this one.
I think Kohli is a good captain for India - he brings aggression and passion to the role. Not so Smith. He's an average captain - in a series of average captains. Warner would be better - a bit of mongrel and a f**k you attitude
Old Mar 8th 2017, 6:06 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Top series from a neutral point of view

Close cricket with good and bad being shown by both teams

1st test was a superb win for Australia - one of the best I've seen by them in a long time

Great win for India in the 2nd given the 1st innings deficit on a deteriorating pitch on which Australia bowled well
Old Mar 8th 2017, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

And some of the lower order thinking they can blast their way out of trouble completely failing to take into account the conditions.
Yep you were definately watching a different game to me.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Top series from a neutral point of view

Close cricket with good and bad being shown by both teams

1st test was a superb win for Australia - one of the best I've seen by them in a long time

Great win for India in the 2nd given the 1st innings deficit on a deteriorating pitch on which Australia bowled well
Yep. Awesome fun so far this series.

As an Australian supporter I am quite pleased with the second test. As you say good bowling in the 1st innings on a good deck. The last innings would have been special if they had got the runs. That pitch was virtually unplayable. In Sharma's first over 2 skidded along the ground. In the second over Ashwin bowled one that hit a crack and bounced over the head of both batter and keeper. Crazy stuff.
Old Mar 10th 2017, 5:25 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Yep you were definately watching a different game to me.
Maybe I mis-clicked the streaming link.
Old Mar 10th 2017, 7:36 am
Proudly Deplorable

Starc out of the test team

Why are young Australia fast bowlers always breaking down?

This has been a recurring problem for them
Old Mar 11th 2017, 1:03 pm
Mostly Harmless

Starc out of the test team

Why are young Australia fast bowlers always breaking down?

This has been a recurring problem for them
If they play on anything other than a pace-friendly road they might as well be bowling on Mars.

That and the colonials are obviously genetically inferior to their natural betters.
Old Mar 12th 2017, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If they play on anything other than a pace-friendly road they might as well be bowling on Mars.

That and the colonials are obviously genetically inferior to their natural betters.
Personally I would like to see the pitch first, then see who wins the toss, before making any bold predictions.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Looks like the Indians have rolled a Day 9 pitch. No bounce to kill off Cummins and Lyon.

One thing is for certain, if the Aussies stand a chance, they need to win the toss.

Better make plans for Sunday as there won't be any cricket to watch.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd love to watch it but it's not on shit free TV, it's only on shit pay TV. Scumbags
Old Mar 14th 2017, 10:36 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I'd love to watch it but it's not on shit free TV, it's only on shit pay TV. Scumbags
Rock solid on my iThing ... Mobilecric.Com - Watch Live Cricket Streaming on Mobile phone
Old Mar 14th 2017, 11:43 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I use Sportsdevil on Kodi (Schism build) - Kodi can be installed on virtually any platform

They use a UK Sky Sports stream

I watched a lot of the NZ v SA test last week. Quality was not great but acceptable
Old Mar 15th 2017, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I use Sportsdevil on Kodi (Schism build) - Kodi can be installed on virtually any platform

They use a UK Sky Sports stream

I watched a lot of the NZ v SA test last week. Quality was not great but acceptable
I just paid for Fox Sports for a month or 2. Super Rugby is on too so I thought why not.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 11:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Beoz
I just paid for Fox Sports for a month or 2. Super Rugby is on too so I thought why not.
I'm kind of over Super Rugby at the moment - too repetitive, too boring

Six nations is the bomb this year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.