The Cricket Thread

Old Mar 6th 2017, 10:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by OzTennis
There could be a reason India are off their home prime and something to do with the much improved opposition who learned to change to a younger team with some new faces after 2-0 vs your lot. Credit where credit is due and not so much of the luck and surprise I'd say.
Australia definitely playing better with their spinners performing better than expected

No doubt that India have not been on form in these first 2 home tests

Even when other teams win in India it is never easy
Old Mar 6th 2017, 9:37 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I've been glued to IND/AUS from day 1, great test cricket.

No idea who will win, this is a Good Thing.

Renshaw is a top prospect and will be a fking pest during The Ashes.
Old Mar 6th 2017, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I've been glued to IND/AUS from day 1, great test cricket.

No idea who will win, this is a Good Thing.

Renshaw is a top prospect and will be a fking pest during The Ashes.
Feed him some black pudding. He has a weak stomach.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

This wicket has fallen apart. 188 is a tough ask.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK Series on. Something tells me again, this series will be decided by the toss of the coin.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
This wicket has fallen apart. 188 is a tough ask.
All over red rover. Indeed it was.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
All over red rover. Indeed it was.
110 was a tough ask the way the likes of Marsh and Wade capitulated. Disappointing after a promising first test and 3 days of this. Something has gone wrong in test cricket when tests rarely go to 4th let alone 5th day these days. That's 8 innings for the two teams in about 6.5 days. I suspect too much pyjama cricket. Discussion point.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

110 was a tough ask the way the likes of Marsh and Wade capitulated. Disappointing after a promising first test and 3 days of this. Something has gone wrong in test cricket when tests rarely go to 4th let alone 5th day these days. That's 8 innings for the two teams in about 6.5 days. I suspect too much pyjama cricket. Discussion point.
If you had actually watch it, you would have seen that pitch was unplayable today. Luck of the draw, luck of the toss.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 11:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Steve Smith is a bit of a wanker but let's face it, so is Virat Kohli
Old Mar 7th 2017, 1:40 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Steve Smith is a bit of a wanker but let's face it, so is Virat Kohli
Yep, probably goes with the job description. For Smith to say he wasn't asking the sheds if he was out ... nah, he knew what he was doing and got found out under pressure and has lost a bit of respect in the process.

All good fun, makes the rest of the series an event.

Thoroughly enjoyed the ebb and flow of this one.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 1:52 pm
Mostly Harmless

Blame the conditions rather than the ability to adapt? I don't buy that.

Aussies generally too keen to be aggressive and try to get "easy runs" and not work for them? This seems to be a more likely explanation.

Renshaw is the future for wider success not the flat track bullies the prevailing He Man culture promotes.

Aussies just don't like it up 'em, been proven time and time again. They are the French of the sporting world, show them a bit of ticker and they fold like wet cardboard.

I'd label this a discussion point but it seems so blindingly obvious I won't bother.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Aussies generally too keen to be aggressive and try to get "easy runs" and not work for them? This seems to be a more likely explanation.

Renshaw is the future for wider success not the flat track bullies the prevailing He Man culture promotes.

Aussies just don't like it up 'em, been proven time and time again. They are the French of the sporting world, show them a bit of ticker and they fold like wet cardboard.

I'd label this a discussion point but it seems so blindingly obvious I won't bother.
Umm I was criticising my team and said nothing about the conditions and made no excuses! (110 a tough ask for them, get it?)

I won't bite on the rest except to say does 4-0 to India recently ring a bell?

Save
Old Mar 7th 2017, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well at least Australia won a test in India . Hello England.

There wasn't much aggression in that last innings. Defend defend defend was the cricket I watched. Were you watching a different match?

The whole match hasn't seen much batting aggression. Averages in the 2's. Finished in 4 days. Bowling assisted wickets maybe? Yes.

Anyhow, its fair for both teams. Just need to win the toss to bat on the pitch at its best. Simple formula.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 9:34 pm
Mostly Harmless

Umm I was criticising my team and said nothing about the conditions and made no excuses! (110 a tough ask for them, get it?)

I won't bite on the rest except to say does 4-0 to India recently ring a bell?

Save
Nah, exceptionally selective memory here.

Weird game cricket, home advantage so key.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with that. David Warner's wicket, for example.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.