The Cricket Thread

Old Aug 19th 2015, 6:15 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by Beoz
I'm eager to please the English with chips on their shoulders, so if its helped that chip, all good.
So you believe in self-help then?
Old Aug 19th 2015, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
So you believe in self-help then?
Ah the biggest chip of them all returns. Brisbane must have been a killer.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 6:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can i have vinegar on my chips please?
Old Aug 19th 2015, 6:36 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

But you are more English than I am.....and have a bigger chip...so sydney doesn't seem to do much better
Old Aug 19th 2015, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

But you are more English than I am.....and have a bigger chip...so sydney doesn't seem to do much better
If it works for you, it works for me.

I don't support England in sport so bad luck old boy
Old Aug 19th 2015, 6:47 am
Bitter and twisted

If it works for you, it works for me.

I don't support England in sport so bad luck old boy
Do you have a plastic Aussie accent as well?

.....and a southern cross tattoo?
Old Aug 19th 2015, 6:53 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I might take this opportunity, during this interlude from the subject of cricket , to state that I simply do not understand the game of cricket.

Yes. I know a very hard ball is thrown in all manner of ways and that the bloke at the other end needs to not only hit the thing but then to decide to run for points or .....not which is also for points

I have watched m'Dad play when I was a kid, but ice-cream & a picnic tea was involved in that.

So. How does cricket work other than a way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Worth a watch? Not worth a watch?
Old Aug 19th 2015, 6:56 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by BEVS
I might take this opportunity, during this interlude from the subject of cricket , to state that I simply do not understand the game of cricket.

Yes. I know a very hard ball is thrown in all manner of ways and that the bloke at the other end needs to not only hit the thing but then to decide to run for points or .....not which is also for points

I have watched m'Dad play when I was a kid, but ice-cream & a picnic tea was involved in that.

Treat it a bit like 'muzak'....something to have on in the background while you get on with the more important things in life
Old Aug 19th 2015, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do you have a plastic Aussie accent as well?

.....and a southern cross tattoo?
If you are struggling to put me in a category, and its causing you sleepless nights, I'll be whatever you want me to be, just to help out the chip. Even one of these.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XAAXuMAXyiU/Tzp9BXdKgBI/AAAAAAAAApI/E7HO4cKSEqM/s1600/tumblr_lvec74FNz41r26wf7.jpg
Old Aug 19th 2015, 7:21 am
Bitter and twisted

If you are struggling to put me in a category, and its causing you sleepless nights

There you go again...full of your own self importance....a bit sad really.

I think the 'Walter Mitty' category would suit you well

Last edited by Grayling; Aug 19th 2015 at 7:23 am.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There you go again...full of your own self importance....a bit sad really.
You seem to be very interested in it for some reason. Isn't there fishing to be done?
Old Aug 19th 2015, 7:33 am
Bitter and twisted

Isn't there fishing to be done?
Plenty of 'whoppers' to be found on here

Proper fishing later, and tomprrow as well.

Presumably you have been called up to open for Australia tomorrow after your spectacular performance the other day
Old Aug 19th 2015, 8:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are struggling to put me in a category, and its causing you sleepless nights, I'll be whatever you want me to be, just to help out the chip. Even one of these.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XAAXuMAXyi...Nz41r26wf7.jpg
In fairness I'd say you were fairly easy to categorize

Old Aug 19th 2015, 8:27 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS

If you want a quick game where you just go for a day & want to see a result, try and get to a one day international. I know a lot of people prefer Test cricket, and I do love it myself, but not everyone has the frame of mind to sit through a multi-day game.
If you can get to a one-day game you would see both teams bat and bowl Well worth a watch.
To put it at its most basic, its like rounders One team is batting and tries to get as many runs as possible (between the wickets) the other team tries to get them out by bowling at them and catching balls. There is a lot more to it, and I will probably get slammed for reducing the game to its lowest common denominator, but if you really know nothing, thats where to start. One team bats, the other bowls & fields. Then you work up from there to start learning the tactics which come into play depending on whether its a one day game or a longer one.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 8:29 am
Home and Happy

Treat it a bit like 'muzak'....something to have on in the background while you get on with the more important things in life

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XAAXuMAXyi...Nz41r26wf7.jpg
Originally Posted by stevenglish1
In fairness I'd say you were fairly easy to categorize

Shame you three are all so busy scoring points off each other that you don't have time to share thoughts on the game with someone who is trying to get interested in it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.