The Cricket Thread

Old Feb 22nd 2015, 10:00 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Lankans beat Afghanistan by 4 wickets.

India beats Saffas by 130 runs.
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

Wow easy peasy !
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 10:57 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

ouch!
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 11:12 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

It's definitely not what I expected. India have gone without a win for two and a half months, so this is a pretty big statement for them and it's come at just the right time.
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 9:04 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Lawks a Lordy, Scotland now ...
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 1:17 am
Fighting my corner

England finish on 8 for 303. Scotland's bowling got pepped up just a bit too late.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
OMG you must have been really near me. i was right by the gate where he was storing his costume when not wearing it!
i agree, fab venue, I've not been to a match there before and it was a really great experience
Small world indeed; I should have shouted 'where's Poll'?

We were under the Level 2 tier above so we didn't get burned but when the Aussies were hitting sixes we lost the ball for a little while! Kiwis taking 12.3 overs to knock off England was humiliating and I'm sure the 1st game had some influence on confidence levels.

The joke doing the rounds here is that someone says 'we can do without the minnows in the World Cup', his pal replies, 'nah we need England to whip and to build up the crowds'.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 4:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Small world indeed; I should have shouted 'where's Poll'?

We were under the Level 2 tier above so we didn't get burned but when the Aussies were hitting sixes we lost the ball for a little while! Kiwis taking 12.3 overs to knock off England was humiliating and I'm sure the 1st game had some influence on confidence levels.

The joke doing the rounds here is that someone says 'we can do without the minnows in the World Cup', his pal replies, 'nah we need England to whip and to build up the crowds'.

Yep i reckon you were within easy yelling distance of me! i was actually standing at the back a lot of the time, just behind the back row of seats - more civilised than the Gabba where they would have had people shot for less! Knew I should've worn my witchy hat!
Old Feb 25th 2015, 11:06 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one the Leprechauns
Old Feb 27th 2015, 11:20 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit confused, SA and ABdV in particular have opened a whole six pack of whoop assage and 'zulu is nowhere to be seen!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 5:22 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I'm a bit confused, SA and ABdV in particular have opened a whole six pack of whoop assage and 'zulu is nowhere to be seen!
And Bernie isn't online either though the Irish have been doing well.....maybe they are out whooping asses together
Old Feb 27th 2015, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Well done ABD scoring more than the entire WI team and another world record. Whoop whoop.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 1:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no longer really into ODI cricket as it's kind of pointless so pretty ambivalent to this (although I reserve the right to change my mind if we continue to do well!)

An impressive performance given that we scored over 260 runs in the last 20 overs and were on track at one point to triple our 30 over score, but some of that bowling was ordinary beyond belief - even Anderson and Broad could have done better! Sure ABD was on fire but even I could have belted most of those shin height, full tosses he was getting

It is obvious that SA had a strategy to start slowly, see off the new ball/best bowling and then launch but if the WI realised this, they did nothing to counter it. They played to SA's tune

All good, but when we played a decent team (India) we fell apart

We'll see

Meanwhile NZ giving Australia a hard game
Old Feb 28th 2015, 1:48 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

This game is mmmmm interesting.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 5:48 am
Fighting my corner

What a stunner! Fair play to the Kiwis, that was a ripper of a game.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.