Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Covid testing when travelling internationally

Covid testing when travelling internationally

Old Nov 15th 2021, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid testing when travelling internationally

So with Queensland opening their borders to a very select few, I can't see any confirmation yet on the types of tests required. The Medicare sponsored free tests explicitly state they aren't to be used for travel so one would assume those checking the test at the Queensland airports won't allow a text message confirmation and will require the certificates.

I was seeing the doc today and he has booked at trip to Cairns for late Jan and was completely unaware of this requirement, which only goes away when the state reaches 90% from memory and I highly doubt thats late Jan.

Anyhow, the start of these issues now that travel is looking to open up has it the FinReview today.

https://www.afr.com/companies/touris...0211112-p598gf
Old Nov 15th 2021, 10:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
So with Queensland opening their borders to a very select few, I can't see any confirmation yet on the types of tests required. The Medicare sponsored free tests explicitly state they aren't to be used for travel so one would assume those checking the test at the Queensland airports won't allow a text message confirmation and will require the certificates.

I was seeing the doc today and he has booked at trip to Cairns for late Jan and was completely unaware of this requirement, which only goes away when the state reaches 90% from memory and I highly doubt thats late Jan.

Anyhow, the start of these issues now that travel is looking to open up has it the FinReview today.

https://www.afr.com/companies/touris...0211112-p598gf
The Home Quarantine regs are hard to meet too. For instance, although my unit is totally selfcontained, own front porch etc, its considered unsuitable for HQ because it opens off of a shared driveway.
I've also been told I would not qualify for HQ simply because I do not have my own car to drive to test centres four times during the period of HQ.

Open border? not even close
Old Nov 15th 2021, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The Home Quarantine regs are hard to meet too. For instance, although my unit is totally selfcontained, own front porch etc, its considered unsuitable for HQ because it opens off of a shared driveway.
I've also been told I would not qualify for HQ simply because I do not have my own car to drive to test centres four times during the period of HQ.

Is Queensland still putting everyone with Covid in hospital regardless of their symptoms?

Thats a crazy rule. Shared driveway preventing home quarrentine. At the end of the day you are isolating from others so what does it matter. Outdoors is outdoors. When NSW and Victoria were chasing zeros before vaccines they were able to get there with people quarrentining in apartments or wherever. The Dr Young legacy. That woman is stark raving mad.

Old Nov 17th 2021, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute

Who told you that, and have you checked to see if it is accurate?
Old Nov 17th 2021, 9:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisbannite
Who told you that, and have you checked to see if it is accurate?
It has been verified by a reputable expert.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute

It has been verified by a reputable expert.
Oh ok. Worth checking though? QLD Health says
  • a suitable private residence that you are able to quarantine in for 14 days. A suitable residence:
  • has no shared common access areas. For example, a townhouse with its own front door, an apartment or unit access directly without having to use enclosed shared or common areas would be suitable. An apartment accessed via shared enclosed areas such as foyers, stairwells or lifts would not be suitable.
  • is not a hotel room, house boat or caravan, motorhome or caravan park cabin
  • is within a 2-hour drive from your final airport of arrival into Queensland
    travel from the airport to your nominated quarantine residence by private transport, contactless car hire or prearranged/pre-booked endorsed transport provider. You cannot travel by public transport.
That link also has a list of endorsed transport providers, I don't understand why you were told you need to have your own car.

Last edited by Brisbannite; Nov 17th 2021 at 10:38 am.