Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Can you really 'forgive & forget'?

Can you really 'forgive & forget'?

Old Sep 25th 2009, 12:39 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Can you really 'forgive & forget'?

Originally Posted by MacScot
Now you'll have to buy a ticket with these picked numbers...just in case!
The question is... which lottery?, there are so many worldwide that the odds are that one of them would win with those numbers

Old Sep 25th 2009, 12:41 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by emelems
but fortunately I am several thousands of miles away from them so I don't think that much about it all nowadays.. which is much better for my soul methinks..

Em x
Distance doesn't have to be an object in the way

This topic really brings back memories, and a big smile to my face

Old Sep 25th 2009, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
It all depends on how bad my PMT is..........there is definately something theraputic about working out how to get your own back, kind of helps you work through it and move on when you realise as nasty as they are you are still decent enough to think of revenge but not act it out.
I did however seriously contemplate doing a drive by egging a few months ago, then remembered IM 40 now not 14.
Originally Posted by northernbird
I don't make friends easily and am a terrible grudge bearer for the smallest stuff. I am weird
Originally Posted by Peepster
No no, NB not at all weird. I think it's completely normal, nothing more satisfying than holding a grudge.

Gobbyjock - I love the sound of the drive-by egging. age is no barrier when it comes to these things
OMG! You women are completely scary! RESPECT!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:36 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes you just cant forgive and forget, as much as you want to. I'm all for Karma too, What goes around, comes around......................... just wish it was a bit quicker sometimes!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:14 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
Sometimes you just cant forgive and forget, as much as you want to. I'm all for Karma too, What goes around, comes around......................... just wish it was a bit quicker sometimes!!!!
Not being a Christian I have no need to consider the concept of forgiveness.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer still...
Old Sep 25th 2009, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

I can forgive and forget very easy for me and all our family we are all like that, life is too. Often you find the person you disliked turns out to be really nice and you get on like a house on fire. If you did not forgive you would miss out.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 10:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Petals
I can forgive and forget very easy for me and all our family we are all like that, life is too. Often you find the person you disliked turns out to be really nice and you get on like a house on fire. If you did not forgive you would miss out.
But by the same token the person you forgive could turn out to be a very convincing liar and you could end up the victim of some very nasty stuff.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

I believe in karma - 7 years ago a lowlife mounted the kerb and ran over my 15 yr old son leaving him with serious injuries, he then drove off - he'd been in the pub from 1pm onwards and it was on his way home at 8.45pm it happened. He disappeared for 3 days so he couldn't be breath trested. During all the court case he didn't display any remorse what so ever - his family also I used to fantasize about the things I was gonna do (and found a side of me that I didn't even knew existed) to the point it made me quite ill so eventually I had to find ways of moving on. Now the good part - a few Christmas ago he went on his works 'do' (his girlfriend had given birth to their first baby 2 weeks previously) so was a double celebration. On his way home with 4 work mates one of them jumped on his back sending him flying, in the process breaking both his legs and other injuries he spent the whole of Christmas and New Year in hospital so yeah it's karma all the way btw son now 22 is ok

Last edited by Streaks; Sep 25th 2009 at 10:40 am. Reason: Don't think I could ever forgive him and something I'll most certainly never forget
Old Sep 25th 2009, 10:57 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Im trying to follow the buddhist philosphy of life but man it's damn hard when there are so many facking assholes around who just want to mess with my head aaaaaaghhhhhh
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:16 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Im trying to follow the buddhist philosphy of life but man it's damn hard when there are so many facking assholes around who just want to mess with my head aaaaaaghhhhhh
Don't worry Bernie, I will plot something on your behalf, Looky is supplying the hatchet and Gobby has the eggs. It's all sorted.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:29 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry Bernie, I will plot something on your behalf, Looky is supplying the hatchet and Gobby has the eggs. It's all sorted.
Ssssssch im meditating away all my bad thoughts huuuuuummmmmmm
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:50 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Nope not at all. Weird thing is i hated her so much, but once dead i missed her.
But i still can't forgive her for what she did to me. Not even in death.
I know exactly what you mean. I would never wish anyone dead but felt indifferent as to whether that person lived or died. Then when they died I wished if things had been different and felt guilty for the harsh words previously exchanged and for not reaching out to them before it was too late. But same as you I can't forgive what the person did - not even in death.

Something that I have great difficulty with is forgiving betrayal. Once committed, forever destroyed.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Well I heard ages ago that the best revenge was to live your life well.

So I did an internet search on it to see which famous person said that, all i got was REM have a new single out called "Living well's the best revenge"

But it is true. But it is very a slow process (think 10+ years). Rather than dwelling on the wrongs done to me earlier in life, I now look back and think, I wonder how screwed up their lives are now. I occasionally hear, and it just re-inforces the saying

Living your life well is the best revenge.

Cos now I couldn't give a damn about them.

JTL
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
I did however seriously contemplate doing a drive by egging a few months ago, then remembered IM 40 now not 14.
Eggs are for juveniles. Grown ups use rocks and kerosene in glass bottles with pieces of threads hanging out the bottle opening Oh I forgot to mention the all important lighter!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

What size hatchet should I bring? The biggest one I reckon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.