Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Can you really 'forgive & forget'?

Can you really 'forgive & forget'?

Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:04 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you really 'forgive & forget'?

Originally Posted by looky
What size hatchet should I bring? The biggest one I reckon
Much prefer a doubled edged 1943 british commando knife,very effective and easy to maintain
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Much prefer a doubled edged 1943 british commando knife,very effective and easy to maintain
but it wouldn't have the same effect with the hatchet and a hockey mask on
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Living your life well is the best revenge.

hmmm... I quite like that idea actually...

Em x
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:48 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Eggs are for juveniles. Grown ups use rocks and kerosene in glass bottles with pieces of threads hanging out the bottle opening Oh I forgot to mention the all important lighter!
Well I couldn`t find my black balaclava and super secret ninja outfit either so that sort of spoiled the fun for me anyway
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:08 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

but it wouldn't have the same effect with the hatchet and a hockey mask on
You call that a knife?
Attached Thumbnails Can you really 'forgive & forget'?-you-call-knife.jpg  
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:30 pm
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all

I try to be a forgive and forget kind of person. It's not easy but it's not meant to be. You're not forgiving if you're not forgetting so I can't understand people saying that they forgive but won't forget. Not forgetting is still to harbour a grudge.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
You call that a knife?
How do you even use that thing without cutting yourself The expression on that pilot's face is funny as!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:44 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

How do you even use that thing without cutting yourself The expression on that pilot's face is funny as!
Probably because he is a police officer
Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Ohhh they seem to have similar uniforms then
Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:34 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely not a Klingon though......
Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mecheng
I try to be a forgive and forget kind of person. It's not easy but it's not meant to be. You're not forgiving if you're not forgetting so I can't understand people saying that they forgive but won't forget. Not forgetting is still to harbour a grudge.
Don't agree. Your brain holds too much info. It's impossible to forget stuff, regardless of whether you actually forgive the person or not. God believer people who have had family members murdered have forgiven the murderer because they believe that god wants them to. Doesn't mean they forget that the person has murdered their loved one.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Don't agree. Your brain holds too much info. It's impossible to forget stuff, regardless of whether you actually forgive the person or not. God believer people who have had family members murdered have forgiven the murderer because they believe that god wants them to. Doesn't mean they forget that the person has murdered their loved one.
Well, just to throw a sexist slant into the equation

I think men do forgive AND forget alot easier than women, who, supposedly forgive, but they definitely do not forget.

When it suits them they bring up the 'forgiven' misdemeanour as an argument for the current situation.

So as the Corrs would say, Forgiven, but not forgotten.

JTL
Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:58 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Definitely not a Klingon though......
Must have nicked the bat'leth while the Klingon was sleeping off the bloodwine..
Old Sep 26th 2009, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Location: Currently Stubbly-on-the-Minge. Soon to be Melbourne!!
Stilletto_rebel is a jewel in the roughStilletto_rebel is a jewel in the roughStilletto_rebel is a jewel in the roughStilletto_rebel is a jewel in the rough

For me it depends upon the seriousness of the wrong done against me. I never forget and most people get one free strike, as it were. Wrong me again and I don't forgive a second time.

I haven't spoken to (or seen) my brother in almost ten years because of several things he's done to me. I could quite happily (and intend to) go the rest of my life with seeing or speaking to him, too.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 3:33 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stilletto_rebel
For me it depends upon the seriousness of the wrong done against me. I never forget and most people get one free strike, as it were. Wrong me again and I don't forgive a second time.

I haven't spoken to (or seen) my brother in almost ten years because of several things he's done to me. I could quite happily (and intend to) go the rest of my life with seeing or speaking to him, too.
I understand what you mean, but, if it was 10 years ago (and depending obviously on the severity of the above) - is there room for your brother to have changed? Life is too short to not speak to your brother ever again.

As I said, it all depends on what happened - some things really are unforgivable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.