Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Can you really 'forgive & forget'?

Can you really 'forgive & forget'?

Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:23 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Can you really 'forgive & forget'?

Originally Posted by Peepster
Is anyone able to do this? Please tell me how you do it!

I can't seem to get the knack of it at all, I really quite enjoy festering and plotting my imaginary revenge against the person who has wronged me.

Are you a forgiver or a festerer?
I am a "revenge is sweet" type of person

If you need a hand to get past the imaginary side of things let me know.....

It reminds me of a saying...
May God forgive you..

For I sure as hell won't...

Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Is anyone able to do this? Please tell me how you do it!

I can't seem to get the knack of it at all, I really quite enjoy festering and plotting my imaginary revenge against the person who has wronged me.

Are you a forgiver or a festerer?
I usually move on and stop caring. Suppose it's because I forget as I get up to so much and thus have all sorts of other things to preoccupy myself with.

It's always weird looking back over things like old emails, msn messenger conservations and the like - it's a case of 'wow that person was a nutter'.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:45 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I do try to be a forgive and forget type of person.. but I usually can't Of course, it does take a hell of a lot of really upset me but once it happens then that is usually that...

I have a really massive grudge against a couple of people in life but fortunately I am several thousands of miles away from them so I don't think that much about it all nowadays.. which is much better for my soul methinks..

Em x
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I am a "revenge is sweet" type of person

If you need a hand to get past the imaginary side of things let me know.....

It reminds me of a saying...
May God forgive you..

For I sure as hell won't...
There was an email going round a few years back along the lines of 'Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're a XX (add insult)'
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Under what situation? Some anonymous person bumming into you by accident sort? For these type yes I can.

For others, no never! You will get walked all over if you do that. You can pretend to forgive in the meantime but make sure you hide that hatchet deep down in your payback locker until the time is ripe to strike
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hebe
Even if someone has done you serious wrong - put it behind you and move on.
You can't be serious? Even if someone has done you serious wrong for example murdering an entire family/swindling the entire family fortune/ruined your life/framed you and got you deported/destroyed your hope of obtaining PR?! I'm not as forgiving as you I make sure they pay, it might not be now but when the opportunity strikes they are as good as dead Might be something as trivial as simply ignoring at times they need help and in turn causing them a huge mishap.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by looky
You can't be serious? Even if someone has done you serious wrong for example murdering an entire family/swindling the entire family fortune/ruined your life/framed you and got you deported/destroyed your hope of obtaining PR?! I'm not as forgiving as you I make sure they pay, it might not be now but when the opportunity strikes they are as good as dead
Wow, you've got some serious baggage there looky!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:46 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Under what situation? Some anonymous person bumming into you by accident sort? For these type yes I can.
I don't think an anonymous person bumming you can never really be an accident though can it

Agree whole heartedly with the rest of your post, loving the twist with the 'pretending to forgive'.

Last edited by Peepster; Sep 25th 2009 at 7:49 am.
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Hope they know they're only entitled to 40 kg each as migrants.
BE Enthusiast

I think this is why I believe in an afterlife as I feel there has to be some divine retribution for those that karma doesn't catch up with here on earth!

That's really not very Christian of me now is it?
Death itself is a punishment is it not So no matter what good you did while living you will be paying in the end
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh those were just examples of serious wrong done to a person. Sorry for the misunderstanding
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:52 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
One person in the past seriously did my husband wrong and I will neither forgive nor forget that and the day I hear of him dying I will celebrate. Any other wrongs generally get forgiven but I have the memory of an elephant unfortunately and don't seem to be able to forget a damn thing. Life's too short to harbour grudges (except this one guy) so I try to live and let live (not saying it works mind ).
Keeping up with the analogy...try and develop an elephant's thick skin...like newbies have to do to remain sane whilst on the BE forum

Last edited by MacScot; Sep 25th 2009 at 8:00 am.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Oh those were just examples of serious wrong done to a person. Sorry for the misunderstanding
I know, was joking!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't think an anonymous person bumming into you can never really be an accident though can it
I meant bumping not bumming, typos Although I get bummed all the time, I'm not sure if its my good looks or my Hercules like physique

Agree whole heartedly with the rest of your post, loving the twist with the 'pretending to forgive'.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Keeping up with the analogy...try and develop and elephant's thick skin...like newbies have to do to remain sane whilst on the BE forum
We were all newbies on here once. Look at us all now, everyone comes round to it in the end, don't fight it

Looky, death is hardly a punishment though as it's something we all do. I wish one person a very nasty death but I'd prefer it came sooner than later. I don't think one hatred out of the thousands of people I've probably met in my life is too bad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.