The call came

Old Apr 14th 2012, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default The call came

One (of several) reason(s) we decided to stay a while in UK was because my mother was in poor health- dementia and fraility.

Over the last couple of weeks I have been driving back and forth to see her as often as I can.(she lives couple of hours away)

Last week on the way home from work I got the call to say her final hours were close. Phoned home to get Mr P to pack a bag and we drove off to the place my mother was based.

I sat with her for 4 hours til she took her last breath. Horrible awful experience but I guess I'm glad I was based in the UK and could be with her, even though it was painful to experience.

Hope no one else is experiencing this from afar.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 8:17 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The call came

Originally Posted by Pomster
One (of several) reason(s) we decided to stay a while in UK was because my mother was in poor health- dementia and fraility.

Over the last couple of weeks I have been driving back and forth to see her as often as I can.(she lives couple of hours away)

Last week on the way home from work I got the call to say her final hours were close. Phoned home to get Mr P to pack a bag and we drove off to the place my mother was based.

I sat with her for 4 hours til she took her last breath. Horrible awful experience but I guess I'm glad I was based in the UK and could be with her, even though it was painful to experience.

You were nearby and were there for her - that's everything you could do. All my sympathies.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 8:21 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry for your loss Xx
Old Apr 14th 2012, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Sympathies to you and your family - at least you were there and she knew she was loved (((hugs)))
Old Apr 14th 2012, 11:00 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Big hug mate.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 11:12 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about you and your family's sad loss.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 11:55 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm sure it meant a lot to her to have you there in her final hours.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Just popped in to say how sorry I am for you.... You're lucky to have been nearby and you WILL look back and be glad that you were there at the end, its a tremendous priviledge and you know for sure how it happened.... Its so bloody hard at the time, but its a good thing.... its so many peoples one regret.....

Cyber hugs
Old Apr 15th 2012, 2:17 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=eddie007;10006135]Just popped in to say how sorry I am for you.... You're lucky to have been nearby and you WILL look back and be glad that you were there at the end, its a tremendous priviledge and you know for sure how it happened.... Its so bloody hard at the time, but its a good thing.... its so many peoples one regret.....

Cyber hugs[/QUOT

How very true Eddie x

I was holding my Dads hand when he died......yes very traumatic, but you'll be SO glad you were there with your Mum in the future. My Mum died as I was flying back......TRYING to be with her

I'm so sorry for you, butyou should be very proud that you did the right thing for you Mum xx

Jan
Old Apr 15th 2012, 2:24 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry for your loss

Glad you made the decision to go back and be with her.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 2:26 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your loss, it sounds like you did all you could to comfort her.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 2:30 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

I sat with her for 4 hours til she took her last breath. Horrible awful experience .
phew! this brought it back to me. its strange. sometimes i struggle to picture my mum as the happy wee woman she was. but i can remember that moment without even having to think

everyone says times a healer and it is
but its a long time and i hope you have the right people around you to help you through this
for a long time i was comforted by the thought that i was there at the end

now i wish i hadn't

everyones different though and i do hope those last moments will help you through your loss
Old Apr 15th 2012, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for your loss, glad that you could be there with her my thoughts are with your family.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear of your loss.May your Mum rest in peace.Her pain is over.You will find some days harder than others.Be kind to your self and treasure your memories.x
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

OakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear of your loss. May her soul rest in peace.

Take care xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.