Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Old Apr 6th 2018, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Food for thought...mistakes not withstanding, junior doctors work no harder than many execs who are further down their career paths. I had a major shock when I realised my job is similar to running a small hospital even down to the various professional teams across departments, inc planning surgeries down to the nuts and bolts and running admin and finance. What flabbergasted me was seeing the hospital triage lists...hardly any people and stuff like pain in 'right side' and 'cut to arm'. Our triage lists are highly complicated and can take 30mins to write up and run with a backlog that is huge. In addition we can't just do blood tests and we deal with really complicated systems that always change..not unlike the Mark 1 body.. my patient relationships have to survive and last months and years..not just Saturday night..my brother is a medic with 2 years NHS exp and he tells me that there's a little bit of mystique added in with the med profession...not many people ever realise this ...one of my best mates is a GP and also confirms it...

as for Emergency services, the Firefighting profession is one of the most cushiest in the workplace. Firies don't rescue people from houses: you are likely to be dead before they get there. Containment is the watchword. (Hollywood surely has got a lot to answer for). Cops and Paramedics do it far tougher. I was a volunteer firefighter for 12 years and the thought of being paid 70k on shift plus leave would have been very cushy.
Yeah when I think about it, building a railway is alot like being a neuro-surgeon. I wanted to gouge my own eyes out reading this
Old Apr 6th 2018, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Yeah when I think about it, building a railway is alot like being a neuro-surgeon. I wanted to gouge my own eyes out reading this
I said nothing about conducting brain surgery. I talked about the management and administrative side and hours worked. The triage lists show that some A and E admissions are cuts and trauma and absolutely not brain surgery at all.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

I said nothing about conducting brain surgery. I talked about the management and administrative side and hours worked. The triage lists show that some A and E admissions are cuts and trauma and absolutely not brain surgery at all.
What do you do for a living by the way?
Old Apr 7th 2018, 12:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

as for Emergency services, the Firefighting profession is one of the most cushiest in the workplace. Firies don't rescue people from houses: you are likely to be dead before they get there. Containment is the watchword. (Hollywood surely has got a lot to answer for). Cops and Paramedics do it far tougher. I was a volunteer firefighter for 12 years and the thought of being paid 70k on shift plus leave would have been very cushy.
Thinking of a report I had to write last week after the Firies had to deal with a house fire involving a family with three kids, one of whom they did manage to save, and other house fires we have reported on lately, your statement isn't really accurate. A lot of people are actually rescued by Firies, especially in urban areas; less so in the rural areas as it takes longer to reach the jobs. Don't forget the number of road crashes attended by the Firies where they need to carry out rescues and extractions. We see a number of Firies reported (internally) as being treated for heat exhaustion, smoke inhalation etc, and its not unknown for them to be hospitalised for various reasons following serious house fires.

I take your point that the police and paramedics may do it tougher as regards live rescues, but just because a person is dead it doesn't make it any easier to retrieve the body/bodies/parts of body. "Cushy" is hardly a word I would use. Full of respect for my operational colleagues.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 2:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Of course heads should have rolled in government over the financial fiasco that has engulfed this nation. Morrison should do the honourable thing and resign. Kerry Dwyer, for another. Fancy refusing to acknowledge a Royal Commission should have been called previously, and that the government erred.
No such thing these days. Deny, lie, do not discuss or ever admit wrong doing, no transparency or accountability.
Don't question and total compliancy called for.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Of course heads should have rolled in government over the financial fiasco that has engulfed this nation. Morrison should do the honourable thing and resign. Kerry Dwyer, for another. Fancy refusing to acknowledge a Royal Commission should have been called previously, and that the government erred.
No such thing these days. Deny, lie, do not discuss or ever admit wrong doing, no transparency or accountability.
Don't question and total compliancy called for.
Meanwhile the economy goes from strength to strength, everyone has jobs (except you), living standards are rising faster than they have in a long time, and you want to chop the head off all that. ..... wow .... I mean wow.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Meanwhile the economy goes from strength to strength, everyone has jobs (except you), living standards are rising faster than they have in a long time, and you want to chop the head off all that. ..... wow .... I mean wow.

Even for a Turnbull impersonator , as yourself, a lame and feeble response.

I mean stagnating wages, over work/under employment, toxic work places, houses few can afford and now a banking/financial system proven untrustworthy in the extreme. Not to say a government that refused a Royal Commission twenty odd times.

I mean wow, really wow, that horrid virus too often evident among Coalition appendages that rots the brain causing confusion in thought and self destructive tendencies with an inability to change destructive patterns of lifestyle all to evident .

When backing a bent, lame horse the idea is to dismount and when the poor animal is past its used by date and at least attempt to either seek a cure or send it to the knackers yard.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

over work/under employment,
Already told you. A 60's method of measurement is incorrect.

toxic work places,
Go work elsewhere. Plenty of jobs, and get a pay rise while you are at it.

houses few can afford
Plenty of people buying houses. Perhaps you need to re-evaluate your choice of digs.

I mean stagnating wages
A global phenomenon, not a local one, but let me ask you this, what would happen to inflation if wages increased?
Old Apr 28th 2018, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Already told you. A 60's method of measurement is incorrect.

Go work elsewhere. Plenty of jobs, and get a pay rise while you are at it.

Plenty of people buying houses. Perhaps you need to re-evaluate your choice of digs.

A global phenomenon, not a local one, but let me ask you this, what would happen to inflation if wages increased?
No old measurement about people being unable to pay inflated prices due to under employment.

If rip off prices, stagnant wages, under employment, bent banks, crooked brokers, dodgy developers, failing welfare state, ever rising utility prices, failed privatisation, con merchants galore , are a sign of your New Brave World, I'd suggest most folk would definitely prefer a return to more saner times.

Actually not plenty of jobs, which is why of course, a great number of our 'skilled work force' being imported is forced into jobs far beneath their qualifications. That makes unskilled/semi skilled work difficult for those already here to obtain.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No old measurement about people being unable to pay inflated prices due to under employment.

If rip off prices, stagnant wages, under employment, bent banks, crooked brokers, dodgy developers, failing welfare state, ever rising utility prices, failed privatisation, con merchants galore , are a sign of your New Brave World, I'd suggest most folk would definitely prefer a return to more saner times.

Actually not plenty of jobs, which is why of course, a great number of our 'skilled work force' being imported is forced into jobs far beneath their qualifications. That makes unskilled/semi skilled work difficult for those already here to obtain.
Plenty of jobs mate. If you are struggling in Perth, move somewhere that's thriving.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Plenty of jobs mate. If you are struggling in Perth, move somewhere that's thriving.
Another 'infamous' one liner by Beoz.

Thing being living in Sydney, is not simply 'having' a job, but a wage that allows one a life in that city. Just working in order to pay an over priced pile, or an inflated rent is hardly living.

Sydney, you mean that city, judged to be too boring for European IT workers to be interested in relocating. May as well move to Perth. At least few will attempt to pass it off as an exciting city.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Another 'infamous' one liner by Beoz.

Thing being living in Sydney, is not simply 'having' a job, but a wage that allows one a life in that city. Just working in order to pay an over priced pile, or an inflated rent is hardly living.

Sydney, you mean that city, judged to be too boring for European IT workers to be interested in relocating. May as well move to Perth. At least few will attempt to pass it off as an exciting city.
I can imagine the hub and server brigade are a stimulating bunch. Is that what you mean by IT workers?

5 million and growing pay the Sydney loading. Jump on board before Leederville passes you by.
Old May 8th 2018, 10:27 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it looks like this thread from the last election will make it to the next one - which judging by the budget will be this year....
Old May 8th 2018, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
Well, it looks like this thread from the last election will make it to the next one - which judging by the budget will be this year....
Well, they just lost the +$125,000 per year vote. Hang on. Maybe not. The +$125,000 vote have no one else to vote for.
Old May 13th 2018, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Grand to see the Lib's and their tactics appear to have become increasingly sussed. Trying to sell a flat tax as something that will not further increase inequality, a tall order indeed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.